Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Tripta GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 35 years old male. Having blood in urine from 7-jul-2015 till date but no pain as such. I met a urologist and he asked me for certain tests including blood, urine tests and ct scan. A mass of around 13" 16 mm is found in urine bladder. Am I suffering from cancer, if yes, what stage it may be? is it treatable?
I am having unsafe sex with my girlfriend while she is in periods. By mistake I ejaculated inside is there any chances of pregnancy. Or what I have to do for avoiding that pregnancy.
I had intercourse wid my husband on 8 of may. I got my periods on 28 of may. I had a weight loss diet and also exercised from 7 june till 7 July. I had missed my periods in the month of June. (no intercourse entire June) Am I pregnant? For what reason did I miss my periods?
I am 24 years old women I got marriage recently I have a doubt before the periods can we have sex or not it may kill my starting pregnancy.
I got married at 1 feb 2017. Now don't wanna babies so how to do safe sex. What to do please suggest.
Hi, I am not getting my periods since 4 months. I faced same issue one year back also then I consulted one gynae and she asked me to eat some tablet. I ate that and later for few months my periods were normal. Now again I am facing the same issue. I went through thyroid test ( normal), urine test ( normal), and few other tests also. Everything was normal so the doctor told because you have stress or some hormonal imbalances it may be possible. But I don't want to eat those tablets again. Can you guide me what can be the reason? My age is 23 and I am overweight(but I did not have this problem before last year). Thanks
Diverticulosis refers to a serious medical condition when pouches develop on the walls of your colon,which is another name for the large intestine. These pouches are small in size and usually vary from 5 to 10 millimeters, but can get bigger when this condition becomes serious. Diverticulosis is usually discovered while performing tests for other medical conditions on your body. Once these pouches become infected and inflamed, they may cause acute pain in your abdomen. This condition is called diverticulitis and is considered quite serious.
Causes of Diverticulosis:
Doctors have suggested that the pouches in diverticulosis are formed when pressure increases inside the colon and presses against the weaker spots in the walls of the large instesine. The differences in pressure may create tears or pouches within the colon resulting in the disorder. Some of the causes are mentioned here:
- Low fiber diet: Low fiber diet causes small hard stool which makes it tough for the colon to put much more pressure. Low fiber diet can also increase the amount of time stool stays in the bowel which adds to high pressure and thus may contribute to this condition.
- Age: The chances of diverticulosis increases when you are above the age of 60 which has something related to the weakening of bowels over time. A bad diet over many years can make this worse.
- Lifestyle: Certain lifestyle habits which generally contribute to bad colon health may also result in diverticulosis by increasing pressure on the blood vessels of the bowel wall. This then pushes against other vessels resulting in the formation of pouches.
Many people with diverticulosis may not even know they have this issue until it is detected while looking for other issues within the body. There are many cases when diverticulosis has been diagnosed when various tests like X-ray which use barium enema or colonoscopy is performed on your body for other medical reasons. If your white blood cells are higher in count than normal then it can indicate infection which may turn into diverticulitis. You may also be asked to undergo CT scan to check if the pouches are infected.
Symptoms of Diverticulosis:
Diverticulosis is hard to diagnose as it may not show any symptoms at all. In most cases symptoms start showing when it progresses towards diverticulitis. However certain generic symptoms which may prompt the doctor to require a detailed examination are as follows:
3. Bloating or gas
4. Loss in appetite
Treatment can be done at home or you may be asked to stay in hospital depending upon the severity of the case. Proper bed rest and liquid diet may be prescribed to enable the diverticula to heal properly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
Sir, are sexually transmitted diseases caused or transmitted? And if oral sex is practised between two healthy partners then is there something to worry about STD'S?
Hello, I dnt want baby. Can you explain the time or days cycle at which she cannot conceive. Because I dnt want to use condom. please help.
My wife is pregnant as I am still 26 and have to continue my Ms. engineering in USA I wanted to go for abortion. Can anyone tell me the best medication without any further harm! please.
I am 25 years old and my period is delayed by 10 days last period was also lighter than normal although I am not having any kind of discomfort like nausea and all what should I do?
I had unprotected sex on 3rd of this month. Then took a pill after 48 hours. Again had sex and took a pill. I did this four times but took the pills on time. Emergency pills. I have missed my periods this month. What chances I might have of getting pregnant? When to check if I am pregnant or not?
1. Iodine Rich Foods
Make sure that you consume a diet that is rich in iodine. Some of the most common foods that you can think about that is rich in iodine are:
• Seaweeds and sea foods
• Salt water fish
• Nori rolls
Be certain to use iodized salt while preparing food as it is found to be very effective for hypothyroidism.
One of the most commonly found fruits are bananas. Try to include bananas in your daily diet as it is a good food for hypothyroidism.
• Take at least two to three bananas a day. Make sure that you eat ripe bananas.
• You can also at times consume a banana milkshake that is prepared with low fat or skimmed milk.
One of the best known remedies to treat all kinds of disorders as well as hypothyroidism is pure drinking water.
• Make sure that you drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water a day.
• Water will help to flush out all toxins in your body.
• It will also prevent you from getting dehydrated so that your body does not store more fat and hence you do not gain excess weight.
4. Eating More Fruits And Vegetables
Try to include more fruits and vegetables in your diet. This will help you to stay healthy and is highly recommended to prevent hypothyroidism.
• It would be better for you to choose a complete veg. meal plan full of greens and vegetables one or two days in a week.
• You also need to follow a strict fruit plan diet for a day in a week to fight hypothyroidism.
5. Selenium Rich Foods
Going for foods that are rich in selenium will help in fighting hypothyroidism.
• Make sure to make onions and dairy products as part of your daily diet.
• You also need to occasionally include chicken, salmon, tuna and meat in your daily diet. Try to use one product a day.
• It is important for you to use a lot of garlic in your food preparation.
• Brazil nuts as well as whole unrefined grains also help in fighting hypothyroidism and you need to take them at least once a week.
6. High Fiber Diet
It is important for you to take a high fiber diet so that you do not gain weight that easily and this will help to prevent hypothyroidism.
• Add beans, oatmeal and whole wheat to your daily diet to improve your bowel movement and to reduce the cholesterol levels in your body.
• Make sure that you only consume brown rice and not white rice in any form when you suffer from hypothyroidism.
7. Green Tea
One of the best foods known to treat hypothyroidism is green tea. It has antioxidants and will help in reducing body weight.
• It is ideal for you to include green tea in your daily diet and try to skip other drinks like coffee and black tea.
• It would be ideal for you to consume thee to four cups of hot green tea to increase body metabolism and to burn fat.
8. Tyrosine Rich Foods
One of the best methods to increase the production of thyroid hormones in your body is to consume foods that are rich in tyrosine.
• Lean meat
• Soy products
9. Coconut Oil
Take coconut oil cooked food will help in improving the production of thyroid hormone and will help in preventing hypothyroidism.
• Add a tablespoon of coconut oil in your diet every day.
• It helps in increasing metabolism and is also an emery booster.
• Make sure that you consume it in moderation depending on your age and lifestyle and structure of your body.
10. Vitamin A, Zinc And Copper Foods
It is ideal for you to consume Vitamin A, zinc and copper rich foods in order to increase the production of thyroid hormones in your body.
Vitamin A Rich Foods
• Yellow vegetables
• Dark vegetables
Zinc And Copper Foods
• Lean Beef
• Dried beans
• Seeds and nuts
• Organ meats that are range free.