Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Tina Singh
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Tina SinghYour feedback matters!
I am not suffering from any disease. Last I got married and now I am planning for a baby. Someone told me that I need to do sex after 2 - 3 days of menstrual cycle. I did the same but still facing problem. Am I doing sex at right time. Please help me out. Thanks.
Hi, Sir/mam mera period cycle 28 days ka h.mera periods 06 dec ko start hua thaa or maine jan 02 ko bina protection ke sex kiea or spam andr gir gya .mera periods ka next date 03 jan ko thaa bt abhi tk periods nhi hua h aaj 08 jan hai .I am too much confused please help me doctor.
I am suffering from left armpit pain from last two days. And 2 days before I have white discharge from my left breast. Is it harmful? What causes this? Please help.
I took pill on 27 april nd got my withdrawal bleed on 6th may. Does that mean I am not pregnant? When will I get my next periods? Is withdrawal bleed date the new mensuration date? For how long my periods will fluctuate? My last mensuration before pill was 18th april.
I am 45 years old Female. I have no baby till now. Few years ago I pregnant two times but not stay. These time to till now I am not pregnant. Can I born a baby ? Please suggest one suggestion in my favour. I am a poor wife. We are not suffer for IVF baby. because it is too costly treatment. Please help us.
The 1st of January is a special day all over the world. It begins with exchanging New Year wishes, blessings, messages and phone calls with near and dear ones. When we wish each other, a HAPPY New Year, we hope for a joyous, fun-filled and peaceful 365 days for one another. It is important to ponder, as to what makes us happy and what keeps us happy. There have been numerous scientific studies in the field of positive psychology, which examines what leads to happiness. Being happy not only is a desirable state of mind but also is known to be associated with better physiological functioning and physical health.
People derive satisfaction from various sources, such as money, relationships, career, travel, basic comfort, possessing luxurious things, surprises etc. Though many of these things are a source of happiness, the same things at other times can become a source of stress, worry, and anxiety. So what leads to ultimate happiness? If we look around, we tend to find few people who are always happy, regardless of their situation or circumstances. It compels us to look at the characteristics of happy people that helps them to get over with any negative feeling or hurt or look beyond a hopeless situation to attain true happiness. Such people provide us with evidence that happiness is inherent within us, and its a choice that we make every moment to stay happy.
Let us look at the characteristics of happy people and if you want to live a happier and more fulfilling life, try imbibing these characteristics.
- Gratitude: Happy people are grateful for all that they have in life. When you tend to appreciate all that you have instead of all that you don't have. You are a happier person as you fill your mind with your blessings and pay less attention to whats missing. Practice Gratitude. Each day, reflect upon 3 things that you could be grateful for. No matter how small or big it is.
- Experience over Possession: Happy people find happiness by being mindful of their experiences than acquiring possessions. If you have the money to spend, it is advised to spend it on experience than buying materialistic luxurious items. A vacation over an expensive smartphone will give you more happiness in the long-term. Experience gives you the opportunity to 'savor' your senses. We have heard, the cliche, " it's the little things that matter in life', stopping to watch the sunset, lying beneath a sky full of stars, listening to music, watching your child play, all these experiences helps you mindfully attending to and appreciate a positive stimulus.
- Balanced Life: Happy people work to strike a balance in all areas of their life. They pay equal attention to all the areas of their life. They balance their time with attending to work, family, friends, exercise, spirituality, and recreation. Balance leads to contentment and happiness.
- Responsible: Happy people are responsible, they take up responsibility for all the things in their life. Owning the responsibility to things gives us a sense of control in life, which helps in taking action and being more productive.It is like you are the driver of your car and can maneuver over the bumps on the road rather than being in the backseat of the car and getting a bumpy ride.
- Self-Compassionate: Happy people are self-compassionate, they do not beat themselves up for any goof up. But learn from their mistakes than regret it. When you take responsibility for things and take control of your life, you'll tend to make mistakes, but if you beat your self up for it, it 'll lead to sadness and remorse. Though being sad, dejected is natural but is important to forgive yourself and move ahead and learn
- Adaptable: Life is full of unexpected turns, and twists. No matter how much we plan things, there are unexpected obstacles, turmoils that come our way. They could be as tiny as possible Happy people are flexible and adaptable. But the happiest people in life aren't the ones who focus on the interference or the obstacle, they're the ones who focus on finding the best way around the obstacle. Because they're adaptable, they don't have to worry about life's unpredictability, and they aren't as stressed when something major comes up. They simply find another way forward through the obstacles.
- Humour: Happy people are humorous. They tend to take things in a light way. Humour during the darkest times helps one to deal with the dark and depressing stuff more easily.
Happiness is not a goal to attain, it is a journey that is ongoing. Happiness needs to be pursued, it is not outside of you but within you. Practise gratitude, being present, striking a balance in life, be more adaptable, humorous for a happily ever after.
While urinating, I am feeling burning sensation in vagina. The burning stays for around 5 minutes after urinating. This has started after 2-3 days of my periods. There is no other issues like irritation or foul smell in my part. But only this burning thing is very painful. In past some days I have been traveling and using some different washrooms. During that time also I faced this problem. After that it was fine. Now again after my periods I facing this. Also I am using V-wash to clean my area. Can you please suggest me what all precautions I need to take.
Sexual intercourse for humans is not only a reproductive act, but is also considered to be an emotional and pleasurable act. However, statistics report that almost 30% of the women experience pain during intercourse. This not only hampers the pleasure, but is also an unhealthy sign since it is indicative of a problem.
Painful intercourse could be a regular occurrence, or a sporadic one. There could be numerous reasons that cause the discomfort and pain. Though it might be an early manifestation of grave diseases such as endometriosis or fibroids, but more often, it is triggered due to conditions such as vaginal dryness, yeast infection, bacterial vaginiosis, which can be easily treated. It is pertinent to understand that it is not the physical infirmity of the entire female anatomy that causes such pain/ discomfort, but the existence of certain conditions that can be treated by a medical practitioner.
Certain such causal factors associated with painful intercourse and the efficient ways to deal with them are discussed below:
1. Vaginal dryness- Vaginal dryness is one of the most commonly cited causes for painful intercourse. There are various causal factors of vaginal dryness. These include, but are not limited to, consumption of certain drugs, bathing with hot water, health conditions or even lack of foreplay. Vaginal dryness due to the aforementioned causes is a short-lived condition that can be treated well with the help of a medical practitioner.
Usage of lubricants that is suitable for you, as advised by a medical practitioner, could go a long way in aiding the ease of sexual intercourse. The lubricants act as an effective substitute, if the body is unable to naturally secrete vaginal fluids to ease intercourse, thereby greatly reducing the pain that is experienced.
2. Improper vaginal expansion- The female anatomy is designed in such a way that it expands normally during intercourse. Proper foreplay enables the woman to get excited, which results in the release of vaginal fluids that aids in sexual intercourse. However, in the event that the female is not excited enough prior to the act, sexual intercourse can become a painful act, since the vagina is unable to expand in the absence of vaginal fluids. In such cases, take things slow and give your body time to comfortably go with the flow.
3. Vaginal itching caused by infection- Vaginal infections can be caused by antibiotics, prior sexual activity that has resulted in contraction of Sexually Transmitted Diseases etc. This results in an itching or burning sensation while having sex. It is essential to rest your body instead of forcing things, and to consult your doctor as soon as possible. The doctor can correctly diagnose the causal factors behind the infection, and prescribe the necessary medicines for it.
However, if your symptoms vary from the common ones mentioned above, or in case you have a different query, it is always advisable to consult the doctor.