Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Dr. Tina GuptaYour feedback matters!
Helo Dr. I m engineering student and I have very serious problem of anxiety. As my semester exam is going on please let me know any effective method to control my anxiety Thank you.
How can I increase my interest in studies. I can't control my emotions n easily lose concentration thinking of other things?
I am suffering from anxiety for last 5to 6years. I used to had bad dreams and woke up. I thought that I will die. Is there any way to get rid of anxiety.
Doctor I am 18 neither I smoke n I eat tobacco. Bt I am facing breathing problem i.e. Unable to take deep breath from last 1 n 1/2 months n last week I suffered from cold due to which I had to spit sputum as a result I feel somewhat relieved bt now no sputum comes out bt I still feel I am not able to take full oxygen in lungs due to which I feel irritated. N since when this breathing problem started, started to feel a light heaviness on the left chest area (at the end of ribs) when I fall on bed with body straight for sleeping this also causes more difficulty in breathing n when I bend on left or right side I feel no heaviness earlier it was not regular bt now I feel this heaviness regularly making me uncomfortable sometimes at the end of left ribs n sometimes in between the end of both ribs. The heaviness I like a light pressure. N I am having hypothyroid which I got tested 3 months ago n I took medication of it i.e. Thyrobless for 20 days. My exams r coming n I am unable to study becoz of the anxiety of some serious problem. What is the reason for heaviness n the problem of unable to take deep breath?
I am 21 years old boy I am suffering form hemicrania disease past 4 years. Neurologist gave me these medicines like sensival 25mg and naprosyn 250mg. I didn't get recovery properly I have taken these medicines daily at evening time problem is that when I am start studying my concentration will be having 1 hour only after that losing my concentration and thinking negative a wonderful images are coming in my brain I want to spend more hour on my studies I request to all psychologist which kind of disease it is so please give me a good advice how can I erase these things in my brain and proceed to concentrate about my further studies that will be your most kindness.
I have stammering problem since childhood. High stage fear. Fear.tension for this problem causes fever headache also.
My son suffers from anxiety every time he has to attend an interview, what should he do, is there any medicine to ease the tension? Pl help, thanks.
I had not scored good marks in gate exam this year. This failure is continuously heating in my mind. I am depressed and unable to concentrate on my study. Please help me.
If someone in your family or your partner is suffering from Borderline Personality Disorder, your mental health is at stake too. You will have to take care of yourself and your emotional needs first. Life can be frustrating for you all the time. But, you need to identify your ‘feel good’ activities and take some time out of your daily life to relax and calm down. Remember, you can succeed in the critical task of appeasing or pleasing your dear one with BPD, only when you are at peace with yourself first. Destress yourself to fight back the depression or emotional drainage caused by handling a BPD patient.
Here are few things that can help you have a better life while being in a relationship with a person suffering from BPD:
1. Don’t isolate yourself: You must be in touch with people you like to be with. You need emotional support from friends and family to deal with life. Spending some quality time with friends and family members can add little happiness to your life. It will boost up your energy level to fight back the dark side of life. You must remember that you have a life as well.
2. Take care of your health: Sometimes, relatives of BPD patients forget to take care of their physical health. They forget basic stuffs like having proper meals, exercising, etc just because they are caught-up in a stressful relationship. But, remember you can help your loved one better only when you are physically fit.
3. Manage stress: Don’t get anxious or depressed with the ongoing stress in your life. It will only add to your existing problems. Keep your nerves cool to have a better life for yourself as well as your sweetheart with BPD.
4. Believe in the 3c’s formula: Well, it is a formula recommended by most of the mental health practitioners. Don’t blame yourself for the irrational behaviour of your friend or dear one. The patient with BPD is solely responsible for his or her destructive behaviour or abnormal outburst. You will have to remember these 3c’s: I didn't cause it; I can't cure it; and I can't control it.
5. Careful communication: You have to be very careful while communicating with BPD patients. Don’t argue or try to convince them, when they are already in a disturbed frame of mind or agitated. They might end up getting destructive. Listen to their words carefully and patiently. Occasional nodding in between a conversation is advisable to let them feel assured about the fact that they are being heard and understood.
Don’t forget to acknowledge their feelings. It is also important that you stay calm when the patient is angry and has turned destructive.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.