Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Tina GulpatiYour feedback matters!
My wife age 25 years has a problem of recurrent depressive disorder, severe episode with psychotic symptoms. She has this problem since 2006. I want to know that this disease is hereditary. And is it curable or not. And what about the chances of re- episode in future.
I am taking depressed medicines from last 2 month. Now I have started gym from last one month. And I feel much better. But if I take endura mass one scoop or protinex supplement I felt something abnormal like lit bit eyes pain. Face pressure. Lit bit lethargic. Every time I take any supplement I feel same. please help me out and recommend some lab test to make sure that I am not allergic to something.
I am in a relationship for 6 years. My fiance loves me a lot and his family also want me as their daughter in law and we all very frank to each other. My parents his parents. My marriage Has been fixed 5 month ago. But Recently I met a guy for whom I don't know I feel awkward. My feelings towards him is increasing. And the guy loves me and expressed his love for me and I denied his proposal but don't know why I am getting more Nd more attracted towards. My fiance is somehow not my type. His expression is very weak. And what I actually am. And expect. That second guy gives me the whole. I don't know what to do. I don't want to hurt him or his family without any reason. But I can't suppress my feelings towards him. Getting depressed and my life is getting affected.
I am feeling very depressed due to family problems. My father and mother used to fight always therefore m not able to trust anyone like any relationship. Help me to cope up with this. thanks.
Mere ko January se kuch na kuch problems ho rhi h, starting stomach se hui aur meine uski medicine bhi li lkin phir bhi abi tak cure nhi hua mushkil se hafte bhar thik rheta h phir digestion kharab hojata h dard krne lgta h stomach Breathing problem bhi start hogyi h ,heart palpitations ki bhi after an Anxiety attack in July What should I do, whom to consult.
Sir I am suffering from deficiency of vitamin D3. My D3 level is 4ng/mg. I am taking medicine calcirol 60k by doctor advice. Due to lack of vitamin d3 I have some sort of pain in my leg. I also quit smoking for it. I only consume 1 sachet of calcirol but the pain remain in my lower part of leg. What should I do?
Diagnosis & Management of Behavioural Disorders in Children
Disruptive behavioural disorders are complicated and may include many different factors working in combination. For example, a child who exhibits the delinquent behaviours of Conduct Disorder may also have ADHD, Anxiety, Depression, and a difficult home life.
Diagnosis methods may include:
- Diagnosis by a specialist: Paediatrician, Psychologist or Child Psychiatrist.
- In-depth Interviews with the parents, child and teachers.
- Behaviour check lists or standardised Questionnaires.
- A diagnosis is made if the child’s behaviour meets the criteria for disruptive behaviour disorders in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders from the American Psychiatric Association.
It is important to rule out acute stressors that might be disrupting the child’s behaviour. For example, a sick parent or victimising by other children might be responsible for sudden changes in a child’s typical behaviour and these factors have to be considered initially.
How can habit disorders affect behaviour?
Most children develop certain repetitive behaviours at an early age, but it is the frequency, persistence or its effects on the overall well-being of the child which could qualify it as a ‘Disorder’. These habits include
- Repetitive sucking of the thumb
- Biting of the nails
- Hitting his own self
- Pulling at his own hair
- Holding on to his breath just for the sake of it
This refers to the behavioural issues of your child which cause the child to misbehave more often; this can be due to a variety of reasons such as Improper Parenting, Persistent Family problems, child abuse or Neglect, or any other incident that has traumatised the child in the past, both psychological problems or Medical illnesses etc.
- Respect Others Space - Your child may be very excited to tell you about some special event or happening in school, but teach him not to interrupt you when you are at work. He must learn to respect other people’s space and have patience while dealing with people. Otherwise, he would not be able to take rejections and thus be inconsiderate in his attitude.
- Adjustment with Peers - Monitor how he behaves with his playmates. Stop him when he happens to fight with his playmates or fights with them aggressively and teach him how exactly to behave with people.
- Firm Discipline - You should deal with stubbornness with a bit of high-handedness. Look at your child right into the eye and tell him what is expected of him. Be tough, but not rude.
- Balance Independence - Monitor his use of PCs, laptops and mobiles. Well, that doesn’t mean you need to loom over everything he does on his gadget, but do try to watch over the content whether it is inappropriate or not. But remember to never really pry and barge into his privacy. Respect that and you can still humour him.
Treatment of behavioural disorders in children
Untreated children with behavioural disorders may grow up to be dysfunctional adults. Generally, the earlier the intervention, the better the outcome is likely to be. Treatment is usually multifaceted and depends on the particular disorder and various factors contributing to it, which may include:
- Parental education – For example, teaching parents how to communicate with and manage their children.
- Family therapy – The entire family is helped to improve communication and problem-solving skills.
- Cognitive behavioural therapy – To help the child to control their thoughts and behaviour.
- Social training – The child is taught important social skills, such as how to have a conversation or play cooperatively with others.
- Anger management – The child is taught how to recognise the signs of their growing frustration and given a range of coping skills designed to defuse their anger and aggressive behaviour. Relaxation techniques and stress management skills are also taught.
- Support for associated problems – For example, a child with a learning difficulty will benefit from professional support.
- Use of Reinforcement – Many children with behavioural disorders experience repeated failures at school and in their interactions with others. Encouraging the child to excel in their particular talents (such as sport) can help to build self-esteem using positive reinforcements both verbal and non-verbal.
- Medication – To help control impulsive behaviours if required so. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
I am facing problem related to concentration of semen some time it becomes dilute what should I do, to maintain it constant?
I feel always too sleepy too tied. I didn't do my studies well. I am feeling sometime to depressed for my studies. Sometime I can't able to focus or do any thing. please help me!
I used to booze and smoke. This habit was before 8 months. I lost all my fairness skin tone due to it. How to rectify? Please help me.
Hello respected doctors, I am on B.P tablet Met xl 12.5, I constantly feel fatigue low mood, life is not much enjoyable, apart from it, I am facing difficulty to talk and understand/concentrate, I am sleeping for 14- fifteen hours a day still feel drowsy Maybe because I am on nexito10 tab which I take at 9pm, talking difficulties like slur speech eye pain on inner part of eye I feel heavy head, feeling like brain is blocked and it expands or beats like heart And during this eye pain starts and mostly when I am stressed or very much tensed/worried I feel there is a pressure on my brain and eyes, I am unable to remember/recollect things. Do I require a Brain Scan? whom can help me psychiatrist or neurologist or both I need to consult?
good morning. Doctors.since childhood I was very nervous. When ever I started to answer teacher's question. Due to severe nervousness I couldn't answer the question. Due to nervousness I became a stammer. Then feel very depressed. Till now. I didn't crack any interviews. Now my stammering is 80% cure. But tension, nervousness didn't gone. Whenever I faced any interviews.in the past. My whole nervous system broke down. My hand, my leg were trembling. Shaking.then. My heart beat was increasing. Then. I started stammering. Very much. That's why my confident level is very low. What should I do. Doctor please help me to come out from this problem. I felt very much worried. About this.
Hi Doctor, I'm an happy individual, but I don't enjoy the company of people, around me and I am very short tempered what should I do? Please suggest?
I am 17 and I love my ex a lot. He took my virginity and dumped me. This picture of intercourse will remain in my mind forever. How do I get him back? I love him more than my life. And I have no scenes of moving on. I do not wanna either. Is there a right way I can talk to him?
Sometimes I tried to remember but I can't remember properly while I am putting concentrate on subject it just wipe away soon.
Having pets around not only makes you feel better, but also teaches you compassion, empathy and loyalty. Spending quality time with your pets tends to have a positive effect on your mood and mental health. Pets can act as great stress relievers and actually uplift your mood when are depressed.
Connecting with your pet instantly improves your mood and makes you forget your worries with their unconditional love and care. Here are 5 ways in which your pet can relieve depression and make you feel better.
1. A healthy heart: If you own a dog, you are less likely to get heart diseases. Spending time with your dog, going for walks and jogs, playing in the park, etc. will keep you active and maintain a normal blood pressure. Activities with your pets will also curb any sadness in your heart, at least for the moment. You will have a routine to follow, and this will keep you distracted from your source of depression.
2. Stress relief: Petting your pet dog, cat or rabbit will soothe your mind and help you get rid of any kind of stress. Depression causes a lot of stress, and if you hug or lay down with your dog, you are likely to feel better and get much more relieved from stress. A relaxation hormone is released by the body which brings down stress levels.
3. Pets enable you to connect socially: If you are depressed, you may feel like connecting with new people for feeling better. Your pets can help you with this. If you walk down a road with your dog, it is likely that people approach you and start a conversation with you.
4. A better mood: If you are depressed for a long time, getting a pet dog can change your life. Pet owners are happy people and are more trustworthy than normal people. If you feel lonely and depressed, a pet dog can provide you better company and happiness than a human at times. You will have a new meaning in life and would love to take care of your pet and raise him healthy. Your general mood will be much improved.
5. Unconditional love: The best thing about pets and especially dogs is that they will love you unconditionally. No matter what you do, they will always love you the most and come to you wagging their tail. A loving touch has an incredible healing power and hugging your pets will make you happy and less depressed.
Pets are an amazing way to get relief from depression. Having a pet around makes any atmosphere much livelier. Raising a pet is like raising a child, and thus you will remain distracted and won’t have time to think about your reason for depression.
I am a married woman, 50 years of age, m/o two children. I am iddm for the past 29 years. I easily get tensed and fiind it difficult even to accomplish the day to day routine activities at home. I have always been keeping my sugar level under control (exceptional hyper & hypo glycemia level do occur) and taking insulin injections regularly. What sort of check ups should I take to reduce my stress.
It is obvious for your little ones to feel anxious and uncomfortable when they have to bid a temporary farewell to you. Though you may be at your wits’ end in dealing with the tantrums, tears and clinginess of your kids, this is a normal stage in the child’s mental growth. With the help of coping strategies, you can help your child come out of the disorder quite easily.
Helping kids deal with separation anxiety:
You can easily aid your kids overcome the separation anxiety by making them feel comfortable and safer. You should try to create a sympathetic ambience at home to make your child feel at ease and talk to the school authorities if they can be a bit compassionate about the child.
Learn the reasons behind the anxiety: When you are aware of what makes your child feel anxious when he or she is separated from you, you will be able to offer better solutions and empathise with your child’s struggles.
Listen to what your child says: As a responsive parent, you must listen to what your child is feeling and have respect towards it. If a child is feeling isolated, he or she can be healed back to a normal state when they are listened to with proper care and sympathy.
Discuss about the issue: A child feels much relieved when he or she knows that there is someone to talk about his or her anxiety and fears. You should refrain from telling kids to stop thinking about it, and instead, tenderly remind the child how bravely he or she survived the last separation without any harm.
Anticipate the difficulty faced by your child: you should be prepared for transition moments in which your child may feel immensely anxious, such as going to school or meeting friends for playing. In case your child feels more comfortable separating from the other parent than you, it is wise to let the other parent handle the separation moment.
Offer a consistent schedule throughout the day: You must never underestimate the significance of predictability for your child with separation anxiety issues. When you offer them a consistent schedule pattern for a day, they can easily cope with the anxiety with the passage of time. In case there are going to be any alterations in the schedule, you must speak with your kids about it ahead of time.
With these small steps, you can help your small child deal with separation anxiety. But in case you feel that the situation is out of control, and you are unable to control your kids, it is probably time to seek professional help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.