Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Tina GulpatiYour feedback matters!
You may think that it is just a harmless drink or two at the end of the day to help you relax. it's just a few drinks when you get together with friends. or it's just that you need to get rid of the office stress. We all need to catch a break sometimes, which makes our favorite brand of drink our best friend. Trouble starts when 'a drink or two' moves to a level where you can't hold the drink anymore. It affects your ability to think straight and take decisions that you may regret in retrospect. Alcoholism not only has serious health consequences but also can ruin your life and relationships. Don't tread down the path of self destruction, or this is what you'll find:
- Conflict: It is not a coincidence that fights are common when one or both partners are caught up with alcohol abuse. It is said that if there is too much alcohol in your system, it hampers with your ability to make rational decisions. It allows you to become inconsiderate about others, and give more importance your addiction over their requirements. It, to an extent, numbs you to what others feel, and makes you drink even more.
- Financial loss: Alcohol costs money. And the more you spend to keep up with your addiction, the more money flows out of your monthly household expenses, monthly savings and retirement plans. And this money literally goes down the drain. Like any other addiction, once you start alcohol abuse, you need it everyday. Drinking may go on to impact your ability to hold on to your job as no one will eventually want to hire someone who has alcohol on their breath at 9 am during client meetings. Alcohol is a strict restriction in certain professions where you may put other people at risk. At the very best, you'll be left with a warning. At the worst, you'll lose your job and end up with no work and no money to support your addiction.
- Accident prone: In 2014, 9,967 people died in drunk driving crashes - one every 53 minutes. This may sound only like a statistic to you - until you speak to the families who lost their loved ones or have to see them suffer through loss of limbs or brain function to bear lifelong suffering. And as far as you are concerned, you may end up seeing the wrong end of a prison. Such things have a profound impact on your relationship - many of which fail to last through the ordeal.
- Infidelity: You've seen it a thousand times in movies - which actually might get reflected in reality, if you wake up next to someone whose name you don't know.
- Infertility: Alcohols and babies don't mix. Too much alcohol intake can stop women from making and keeping a baby.
- Divorce: An alcoholic husband or wife is a valid ground of mental trauma applicable in a divorce.
Dear doctor, when I travel to anywhere in my city by train bus or metro evrytime I got afraid I got nervous like can I reach that place, like when will I get back to home like if I can not get back to home, if I die. This kind of negative thinking's I have. I am really very worried. please suggest me something.
I am taking anti depression medication. From last 7 month alprazolam and composition composition of 1st one and ampitrptilline hydrochloride of the 2nd one. I jst want to know does it would harm my memorising power and yes 1st one is of 20 mg and 2nd one is of 10 mg.
Facing a major crisis in life? Here are 5 ways to deal with one
Life is a mixture of good and bad times and everyone experiences a crisis at some point in their lives. A life crisis is a situation when everything in your life seems to fall apart, followed by a major event or a series of events such as the loss of a job, death of a family member, a relationship break-up, divorce, to name a few. Whatever the reason may be, each crisis tests your ability to cope with grief.
Here are some tips on how to face a life crisis bravely and bring your life back on track.
1. Don't run away from the problem
It's very common for people to want to run away from problems when situations are not in their favour. Instead, face the difficulties bravely and try to find ways to deal with it. Accept that it has happened and focus on the next logical course of action.
2. Rule out the negative self-assumptions with logical reasons
After experiencing a major loss in life, it's not uncommon to have negative self-assumptions or feelings of guilt. You may feel traumatised due to the happenings in your life and may start believing that the world is no longer a safe place. This can lead to frustration and sense of futility. In such a situation, don't panic unnecessarily, and give yourself logical reasons instead to prove that most of your negative assumptions are not true.
3. Seek the help of your family and friends
Spend more time with your family and friends, but do not always discuss the negativities you are facing in life. Instead of always telling them how terrible you feel, enjoy some light moments with them. This will help you cultivate a feeling of having a strong and secure support network.
4. Take a short vacation
Take a break from work and spend few days out of your town. It will help rejuvenate your soul and re-energise you to deal with the crisis situation. Vacations prove to work wonders to your physical and mental health, reducing depression and the stress you face to a considerable extents.
5. Keep a record of your progress
Record whatever positive happens to you each day, even if it's a small thing. Write about how you feel while experiencing and recovering from this crisis. This not only helps in bringing about a positive mind-frame, but also keeps your mind away from the painful events, speeding the healing process.
I have 2 sons. Elder son is 5 years old. Younger 3 yrs old. Elder son is very adamant and he gets lot of angry. He throw any things when he is in angry. What can I do? and how to handle him?
I am suffering from pain rotating in my body also known known as baa how to get away from this pain that is unusual for me please give your advice thanxx.
Hello I was diagnosed for epilepsy for 2 years and last year my course get completed but from then my hairs are falling out.
Doctor, I am having problem of urination. It takes some effort to urinate and urination flow is slow. So I went to doctor. He gave me dutasteride+tamsulosin medicine regarding prostate. My prostate volume is 27.10 cc. I have been taking medicine only 1 in 1 day from past 12 days. But still my problem is same. Please tell me in how many days the effect will show by these medicines? I am stress.
I am 20 year old young guy having a problem of high instability of thinking and controlling my self. What should I do?
My cousin always worried she think she lost her loved once. I am always try to clam her but after few days she come with same problem. In her neighborhood a 26 year young boy died. His family young wife and little 2 year daughter always in her mind.
My depression has been cured with lithium oratate supplement that I ordered from amazon. I do not feel any sideeffect. I heard lithium carbonate has sideeffects and it should be prescribed whereas lithium oratate has no such side effect. I want to ask whether lithium oratate is good to take in long run?
I remain depressed whole day. When I have to go job interview and exam. My heartbeat being very fast. So I remain unemployed now. I have also panic anxiety. Give a quick solution.
Sir, as everyone use to say and also doctors that smoking and drinking is injurious for our health because it causes cancer. Sir I used to smoke a lot but now I controlled myself and left smoking 7 months ago. I'm Lil worried about my health. Does it still cause me cancer? Do I need to take any medicine or consult to doctor? What should I do?
Unwanted thoughts can make you feel anxious or depressed. They may keep you from enjoying your life.
A technique called thought-stopping can help you stop unwanted thoughts.
- What you think can affect how you feel. Thought-stopping helps you change how you think so that you feel better.
- Changing your thinking will take some time. You need to practice thought-stopping every day. After a while, you'll be able to stop unwanted thoughts right away.
- Some people may need more help to stop unwanted thoughts. Talk to your doctor or a therapist if you want more help to stop thoughts that bother you.