Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Tilak Raj
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Tilak RajYour feedback matters!
Hello my mom is 44 yrs she has a pain in hand. We did all type of treatment as well as physiotherapists bt it also didn't work. She is in pain please suggest somthing.
My grandmother slipped and fell on the ground. Got injured in hip bone. She is above 82. Is it possible to cure without surgery.
Cartilage is a tough, flexible tissue found throughout the body. It acts as a cushion between the bones and covers the surface of the joints. People having damaged cartilage often suffer from inflammation, stiffness and pain in joints.
What causes damage to the cartilage?
- Direct blow: When the bones suffer from a direct blow during an accident or fall, the cartilage can get damaged. Athletes have a high risk of having damaged cartilage, particular those involved in wrestling, rugby, and football.
- Wear and tear: Cartilage can get damaged due to excess stress on the bones over a period of time. Obese people are at high risk of having damaged knee cartilage as there is excess pressure on their knees.
- Lack of movement: Lack of movement or immobility can increase the risk of damaged cartilage.
What are the symptoms of damaged cartilage?
- You may suffer from joint pain which increases during walking or when you put on weight.
- Swelling of the joint is a common symptom of damaged cartilage.
- You may feel the stiffness of joints.
- Your joint may get locked.
- A click or grinding sensation on your joint.
How can you diagnose that you have damaged cartilage?
With the help of many non-invasive tests, your doctor can diagnose whether you have damaged cartilage or not. Some of the common tests carried out to diagnose damaged cartilage include Arthroscopy and MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging).
What are the treatments available for damaged cartilage?
Treatment for a damaged cartilage depends on the severity of the case and if you have injured your joint and still can walk and put on weight, you can be treated with PRICE therapy. PRICE stands for:
- Protection: You have to keep your injured joint protected from further injuries with the help of a knee brace or a support.
- Rest: Give ample rest to the affected area for the initial three-four days. After that, you can move into your daily activities again.
- Ice: Apply ice pack wrapped in a towel on the affected area every three-four areas. This will help in soothing the inflammation and reduce the soothing.
- Compression: Compress,or bandage the affected area with an elastic bandage to avoid swelling and movement of the area.
- Elevation: Keep the affected area raised with the help of a pillow to reduce swelling.
Physiotherapy can be helpful in strengthening the muscles around the affected joint. Your doctor may refer you to a physiotherapist who can treat you at your home. Severe cartilage damages need to be treated with surgery.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 48 years old. Now ankle joint sweling and pain for 3 years. Whenever keeping leg downwards i. E. Standing, sitting and walking time it is start swelling and pain. But when leg keeps parallel in bed during sleeping it gets towards normal.
Suffering from back pain from 3days ; due to she is unable to do work and she is also suffering from remotied arthritis from 5 years. Please suggests some medicine.
I am 30 year old I am getting low neck pain and low back pain since 1 years, I have tray so many doctors n took so many medicines bud din get any good result please help.
Backs are stabbed by the postural deformities and irregular lifestyle. In our hectic lifestyle, we come accross many wrong postures everyday which are hampering our back and lifestyle in day to day life and this is causing back pains to all of us.
These might be the luxurious couches or the uncomfortable chairs in office or just a simple foot-slip in bathroom, anything can cause this kind of distress or pain. Generally all back pains start very mildly and these keep on aggravating with the time and start causing different problems in life. If we look at the data from the different pharmacies, pain killers are most commonly sold for back pain. We all keep on taking these painkillers to relieve from the pain, but we never understand and believe that these are some solution.
Ayurveda treats all types of back pains and also have researched that there are several causes behind the back pain. In some cases, we all fee that …ohh!! this cannot be the cause of the back pain! Here is the list of the reasons-
- You comfortable Sofa or chair, on which you slouch daily: this deforms your back muscles and also makes you a patient of spondylosis.
- Your habits of walking very fast- chances of injury are very high in such cases.
- Heavy intake of dry foods in other language lack of proper unctuousness which can maintain the smoothness of your muscles and keep the rigidity away from you.
- Bad digestion and excess of intestinal gases in your body.
- A heavy sneeze, which you supressed because you were sitting somewhere in a meeting?
- A wrong way to pick the weight.
- Postural irregularities during pregnancy
- History of injury or accident
These are most common causes we have found in different patients but in almost all the cases we have found that this is the stiffness of the back muscles, which caused the problem. To give an add on many of the patients, just get into bed on recommendation of some physicians and this Bed-Rest proved BAD for most of them, because it increased the stiffness of the back over all.
Regular use of painkillers might give us a pleasant feeling of- “absence of pain” for a while but the same pain killer keep on worsening the health regularly and after years we feel- cheated, because we used the painkillers to just get rid of a sensation. We at Sukhayu Ayurveda are treating the cases of Back Pain since years. Among all these cases, if we talk scientifically, there were many patients of-
- Protrusion of Intervertebral Disc
- Herniated Disc
- Bulged disc
- Annular Ligament Tear
- Ruptured Disc
- Degenerative Disc Disorder
- Spondylosis and Spondylitis along with Spondylolisthesis.
Ayurveda has been curing all types of back pains. This was not relief for two-three days or months, patients are free from all the symptoms since seven years now. So if you are suffering from back pain since years and want to get rid of this, consult a specialized ayurvedic consultant and find a permanent cure for your back pain with Ayurveda.