Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
Submit a review for Dr. Tilak Raj DangwalYour feedback matters!
Hello sir my name is a man and I am from sirsa, I am having cough and sneezing from last many years, I don't know why I am suffering from this kind of allergy, I need your help in any way if you can, thank you sir.
My 5-year-old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true?
I have little son equal to 3 years old but sometime he is suffering from cough so he cant sleep easily because he cant take breath easily please give me best suggestion.
I am having a bad cough and so I tried yoga technique. Drinking hot salty water and then vomit. So all dirt came out, black stains in cough. For how many times in a week we should try?
Asthma is a condition characterized by wheezing and difficulty in breathing. Asthma is a common disease that affects children, teenagers and adults alike. Depending on what triggers an asthmatic attack, asthma can be categorized as four types. These are:
- Allergic asthma: This sort of asthma usually begins in childhood and is caused by the overproduction of immunoglobulins as a reaction to the allergen. This type of asthma can also be passed on from one generation to another through genes.
- Infective asthma: This is caused by viral bronchial or upper respiratory tract infections. It is not hereditary.
- Emotional asthma: Some cases of asthma can be triggered by psychological factors such as stress, grief or anxiety. However, it is not clear if this is the sole trigger for asthma.
- Occupational asthma: Exposure to metallic dusts, biological detergents, polyurethane, etc. can also trigger asthmatic attacks. This type of asthma is called occupational asthma.
A homeopath will not only determine the type of asthma, but will also delve into a detailed medical history of the patient before prescribing medication. Some forms of homeopathic medication that can be used to treat asthma are:
- Lpecac: This is used to treat asthma in cases where the difficulty breathing is accompanied by a feeling of heaviness over the chest, dyspnoea, constant coughing with no expectoration and cold perspiration. It is often aggravated by motion.
- Arsenicum: Asthmatic attacks that begin in the middle of the night and are accompanied by restlessness and anguish can be treated with arsenicum. This is especially beneficial in cases of chronic asthma in elderly people and habitual dyspnoea.
- Nux vomica: This is used mainly to treat asthmatic attacks triggered by gastric troubles or be excessive intake of coffee and alcohol. A constricted feeling around the lower part of the chest is another symptom of this type of asthma.
- Kali bichromicum: Asthmatic attacks that wake a patient up in the wee hours of the morning compelling him to sit up, in order to be able to breathe can be treated with Kali bichromicum. A stringy yellow mucus expectoration is another symptom of this type of asthma. It can also be used as an effective form of treatment for asthmatic attacks caused by nervousness.
- Natrum sulphuricum: This is used to treat asthmatic attacks caused by a change in weather. In such cases, the asthmatic attack is accompanied by diarrhea and greenish expectoration. It is usually worst in the early mornings.
I am a diabetic patient and came to know this in feb 2015. My ecg. Blood pressure are ok getting checked regularly. Even echo & tmt got checked and ok reports now the following problems I am facing:- 1. Weakness too much since feb. And muscles pain and weakness in muscles (hands n legs thighs. Also lost 15 kg weight. Always fatigue all the time yawning etc 2. Breathing problem also facing. Please help and why all this? what reports to get checked?
Do you know that there are certain substances, which may cause respiratory and skin problems? Substances while at work may lead to the development of allergies when breathed in. Allergies may also occur when the substances are exposed to the skin directly. These substances are known as skin and respiratory sensitizers and are capable of causing damage to the nose, skin, throat and lungs. If you are affected in any way, further exposure to sensitizers may lead to allergic symptoms.
Effects of skin and respiratory sensitizers
The effects on the respiratory system may be experienced in the form of symptoms, such as runny or itchy eyes and nose, which is typical of hay fever. More symptoms may follow which include wheezing, breathlessness, coughing and chest tightness. The symptoms in case of skin include itchy, red, dry and cracked skin with irritation. Severe symptoms like bleeding might follow and the symptoms may spread to the different parts of the body.
When do the symptoms occur?
The symptoms show up on being exposed to the substance. In most cases, sensitization occurs within a few months. The symptoms may be experienced even twelve years after the exposure. The symptoms are more severe during evening and night. There are chances of the symptoms improving during weekends and holidays. Once established, respiratory attacks may occur, triggered by exposure to tobacco smoke, cold water and exercise. Attack on skin commonly occur when exposed to chemicals present in the cleaning products.
Substances causing sensitization
The substances, which cause skin sensitization include isocyanates, wood dust, flour and grain dust, solder flux, glues and resins, laboratory animals glutaraldehyde and chemicals used in hairdressing.
Legal obligations associated with skin and respiratory sensitisers
There are certain legal duties, which an employer should undertake for protecting employees. These include protecting workers and public from risks which are associated with skin and respiratory sensitizers. The Control of Substances Hazardous to Heath Regulations lay out the legal requirements in order to protect workers. In order to comply with it, an employer has to assess the risk of health which may arise from activities at work. The employer also needs to decide the precautions which should be taken to prevent or control any risk. It is also to be ensured that control measures are utilised and maintained well. The workers’ exposure to harmful fumes and substances should be monitored constantly. The workers should also be informed, instructed and trained about the risks associated with their work.
According to homeopathy, when a patient suffers from cold, his body will develop skin complaints at times. It’s a way to get rid of internal affection in respiratory system. People usually misunderstand such cold, as another skin disease. However, neither the cold nor the skin complaint will get cured. The patient will be declining day by day. Similarly, if there are skin diseases, when suppressed, affect internal organs. Skin disease is not a health hazard unless it becomes septic. If you experience any symptoms associated with skin and respiratory sensitizers, it is important for you to visit a homeopath. This would enable timely diagnosis and treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
जौ (Barley) एक किस्म का अनाज होता है जो कुछ कुछ गेहूं जैसा दिखता है। बाजार से लगभग 250 ग्राम जौ ले आएँ। ध्यान रहे कि इसमे घुन न लगा हुआ हो। इसे साफ कर ले। मंद मंद आग पर कड़ाही मे डाल कर भून ले। ध्यान रहे कि जले नहीं। इसके बाद इसे मोटा मोटा कूट/ पीस ले।
जरूरत के समय 1 बड़ा चम्मच जौ का चूर्ण लेकर उसमे 1 छोटा चम्मच देशी घी मिला कर तेज गरम तवे पर या तेज गरम लोहे की कड़छी मे डाल कर इसका धुआँ नाक से या मुँह से खींचें। यदि लकड़ी के जलते हुए कोयले पर डाल कर धुआँ खींचे तो और भी अधिक लाभदायक है। धुआँ लेने के 15 मिनट पहले और 2 घंटे बाद तक ठंडा पानी न पिए। प्यास लगे तो गरम दूध पिए।
यदि बार बार मुँह सूखता हो और प्यास लगती हो तो ये प्रयोग न करें।
नए जुकाम मे जब सिर भारी हो और नाक बंद तब यह प्रयोग करें और चमत्कार देखें। 5 मिनट मे फायदा होगा।
खांसी, दमे मे इन्हेलर कि तरह तत्काल फायदा दिखता है।
खर्राटे मे प्रतिदिन ये धुआँ लें। सुबह शाम किसी भी समय ले सकते हैं।
कोई साइड इफेक्ट नहीं। बच्चों और गर्भवती महिलाओं के लिए भी सुरक्षित।
अन्य दवाओं के साथ भी इसका प्रयोग किया जा सकता है।
बदलते मौसम मे स्वस्थ भी प्रयोग करें ताकि नजले जुकाम से बच सकें।
दिन मे 4 बार तक प्रयोग कर सकते हैं। एक समय मे 4 बड़े चम्मच जौ घी
मिला कर प्रयोग कर सकते हैं
यदि बार बार मुँह सूखता हो और प्यास लगती हो तो ये प्रयोग न करें।