Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. ThangaveluYour feedback matters!
I've [male 23yrs] a big dark brown spot on cornea (white part). Developed five years back and its size is increasing gradually. No other symptoms or effects. How to remove it?
Hello I am 28yr old male 15 years ago I met an accident in that I lost my partial eye sight in my right eye now I only can see the side view not front. Please suggest me what should I do?
Iam 22 years old and I have short sight I didn't want to wear spectacles. Can I go for laser treatment and it has any side effects? Please tell me.
Hiii. I'm omprakash. Mujhe eyes me problem rehta h. Pain rahta h.dryness feel hota h bcoj me online smart phone pe business karta hu. So please advice me how I be free from this problem.
I have squint. I seek remedy without surgery such as glass to cover it from others what I should do?
I'm 21 and got my eyes treated with the lazik eye treatment, for removing the power out of my eyes, it's been more than 6 months now. Some times I don't feel good, it's like i'm seeing two things all of a sudden. It's not a regular thing but it happens some times. I still wear glasses sometimes because I feel I don't appear good without them.
Sir My age is 33 last three days I am suffer from eye infection like red, itchy watery and swollen eye lid mostly in the morning and water comes I use oflox d eye drop but no relax found please suggest thank you. Regards
How I increase my sex time more then 10 mint. When I'm going to sex. And how I control see hot video.
I have eye blinking problem again and again but not regular please suggested good way to come out of this I hv also pain over eye.
An inflammation resulting in the formation of a thin layer inside the eyelids or the white part of the eyeball is known as pink eye or conjunctivitis. This condition turns the eye ball into pinkish color, hence the name. Based on the severity of the infection, either one or both eyes get affected.
What are the common symptoms?
- Medium to heavy swelling of the eye
- Eye crusting after sleep
- A burning sensation
- Irritation, itching or blurred vision
- Redness and increased sensitivity of the eye
Different kinds of conjunctivitis:
- Allergic Conjunctivitis: This is the type of conjunctivitis that results from eye irritants such as animal dander, dust particles and pollen. This is not infectious in nature. Treatment prescribed by ophthalmologist includes eye drops and non-steroidal medications. It is advised to keep the eye moist till it gets cured.
- Viral Conjunctivitis: As the name suggests, this kind of conjunctivitis is caused due to a viral attack. Sadly though, antibiotics don’t work and there is no particular medication for this type of conjunctivitis. Like common cold, viral conjunctivitis runs its course in a span of 1-2 weeks. Since virus is contagious, it is necessary to ensure that the microbes don’t spread. Some common prevention measures are listed below:
- Eye cosmetics should be abandoned till the conjunctivitis is cured
- Hands should be frequently cleaned
- Hand and eyes should not be in contact
- Frequent change of pillow covers, towels and clothes
- Swimming should be completely avoided
- Spectacles in place of lens should be used until advised otherwise by a medical practitioner
- Bacterial Conjunctivitis: This kind of conjunctivitis is caused by the streptococcal bacteria and has potential to cause real damage if proper medication is not taken on time. This is highly contagious. Prescription often includes antibiotic drop and ointments. The medication is prescribed for 2-3 weeks depending on the level of bacterial spread in the eye. It is very essential to complete the full course of medication to avoid recurrence. Prevention measures as stated above should be strictly followed.
- Chemical conjunctivitis: Eye irritants such as chlorine cause this conjunctivitis. Frequent swimmers often get affected by this type of eye infection. Topical steroids are prescribed to cure this kind of infection. Immediate medical attention is required to avoid lasting injury to the eye.
How to prevent pink eye?
While prevention is the best way to refrain from conjunctivitis, some basic hygiene checks are very important. Here is a list of must do’s:
- Do not share personal items such as combs, towels and toiletries.
- Stay away from a conjunctivitis infected patient
- Using of goggles while swimming
- Frequent usage of hand sanitizer and hand wash. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.