Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Tashan AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I m having itching in vagina.This is not bcoz of UTI infection.I use vaginal tablets n cream of itching too.But all in vain.Plz suggest me some test of medicines.I maintain hygiene too
Male 25 I want to know about this report bcz I want pregnant my wife Grade 4 34% Grade 3 15% Grade 2 08% Grade 1 05% Non motile 38% Pus cells 10-15/ hpf Rbc 8-10/hpf.
Hello, please my menstrual is normally between 30-40 days but sometimes irregular or comes earlier. Had my last 4 periods at date as follows, Dec. 23, Jan 28, March 2 and April 11 Which all lasted 4 or 5 days. Now I had sex march 27 and took 2 emergency pills after 2 hours, and my period came 11 April and ended 15 in the morning. Now am feeling abdominal pain right after my menses but did not feel that during when I was menstruating. Please I'm I pregnant or what is it. Thank you.
Don't skip breakfast.
Studies show that eating a proper breakfast is one of the most positive things you can do if you are trying to lose weight. Breakfast skippers tend to gain weight. A balanced breakfast includes fresh fruit or fruit juice, a high-fibre breakfast cereal, low-fat milk or yoghurt, whole wheat toast, and a boiled egg.
Vaginal bleeding stands for blood loss from the vagina (including the vaginal wall) or uterus. Marking the beginning of a new reproductive cycle, normal vaginal bleeding (menstruation) takes place every 21-35 days.
It is regarded abnormal if it takes place
- Outside of your normal menstruation period
- When you’re pregnant
- After menopause
- Menstrual flow is heavier or lighter than normal
Common Causes of Unexpected Vaginal Bleeding:
1. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
If your body’s hormone production is out of balance, it brings about a disruption in the normal ovulation (monthly discharge of an egg) cycle, causing abnormal vaginal bleeding.
2. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
Infection or inflammation of the female reproductive organs namely, uterus, ovaries or fallopian tubes as a result of sexually transmitted bacteria can lead to abnormal bleeding. The problem occurs when the bacterial infection spreads from the vagina into these parts of the reproductive system. More importantly, inflammation of these areas can also bring about vaginal bleeding particularly after sexual intercourse.
3. Intrauterine Device (IUD)
The use of Intrauterine Device (a birth control tool that is inserted into the uterus to prevent future pregnancy) can also cause vaginal bleeding like spotting (light bleeding between periods) or heavy periods.
Any hormonal medications, containing Estrogen or Progesterone (eg: certain birth control pills), when taken irregularly or indiscriminately, may lead to hormonal imbalance, leading to abnormal bleeding.
5. Early Pregnancy
Another very important cause of abnormal bleeding in women of reproductive age group is - Pregnancy. Any abnormal pregnancy or early pregnancy with certain defects, can lead to abnormal bleeding even though you may not yet be aware of the pregnancy. Usually, it is the first condition to be investigated in a woman with abnormal uterine bleeding, in reproductive age group.
Apart from these common causes, abnormal vaginal bleeding can also happen due to:
6. Thyroid Disorders
Changes in your menstrual cycle as a result of the hormonal imbalance brought on by an underactive thyroid gland (hypothyroidism) or an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) can lead to irregular bleeding patterns.
7. Uterine fibroids
Abnormal growths in the uterus or on its surface can lead to unexpected vaginal bleeding (longer or heavier periods and bleeding between periods).
8. Cancer of the reproductive organs
Cancer of the uterus, ovaries, vagina or cervix is also known to be an uncommon cause of abnormal vaginal bleeding. The blood loss can take place after sexual intercourse or between one menstrual cycle and the next.
Hi respected doctor, my wife is pregnant.. She is in her 6th month of pregnancy.. please tell me what should she eat or avoid for healthy n fair baby. Thwnx.
We are planning for baby from last 5mnts, my wife has irregular periods cycle of 34-36 days, she missed her periods, her last period comes on 10 Aug 2017, we had a preganews test today which shows negative, why this happened? We getting confused, please guide us,
Meri daughter ke period cycle 10 to 11 days ka rheta hai ex. Ager period 23 april ko hua to 3 ya 4 date mein close hota hai aisa kyu pls explain.
Thalassemia is an inherited blood disorder in which the body makes an abnormal form of haemoglobin. Haemoglobin is the protein molecule in red blood cells that carries oxygen.
At birth, the baby with Thalassemia major seems entirely normal.This is because the predominant Haemoglobin at birth is still foetal Haemoglobin. After first few months the baby becomes a lot paler develops infection has poor appetite and bouts of fever.
Can an ectopic pregnancy go unnoticed till 8th week of pregnancy? As in, is it possible for the HCG level to be so low in the 8th week that it is not detectable in a urine pregnancy test?
I am on ovulation monitoring last two cycles, looks like egg is not growing beyond day 12 as day 16 results show ovulation occurred already symptoms. I have very less cervical mucus. And hormone levels are quite normal. I have 33 days of cycle length and on Ttc for past 8 months. Taking thyronorm 75 mg tablets following tsh being 5.3 two months back. Please help.
2. Regularly use moisturiser/coconut oil over hands and feet at bedtime to keep the hands and feet soft and supple.
3. Weekly soaking the feet in lukewarm water for 20 min and pat dry and apply moisturizer/coconut oil at night would keep feet softer. In diabetics, please use plain tap water or lukewarm water temperature should be checked by someone else to ascertain the water temperature is just warm and not hot as some diabetics may have reduced sensations.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
I'm suffering heavy brown colour bleeding since 14 days it's premansuration bleeding & from yesterday I got normal flow so please suggest me what shall I do having lower back pain also.
1. Eases stress
- Epsom salt can help you calm down when you are feeling stressed. Stress drains the body of magnesium and increases adrenaline levels.
- Magnesium plays an important role in the release and uptake of serotonin, a mood-elevating chemical in the brain. This creates a feeling of well-being and relaxation while also reducing anxiety, irritability, insomnia and abnormal heart rhythms.
- Add 1 cup of epsom salt to warm bath water.
- Soak in it for 20 minutes to feel more relaxed and sleep better.
- Take an epsom salt bath about 3 times a week to enjoy a stress-free life.
2. Aids detoxification
- Epsom salt can assist in eliminating toxins from the body. The magnesium in epsom salt is required for detoxifying cells. It also helps detox the body of environmental contaminants that can potentially cause ill health.
- To enjoy a relaxing detox bath, stir in 1 to 2 cups of epson salt in a bathtub filled with warm water and soak in it for 10 to 15 minutes, 2 or 3 times a week.
3. Relieves muscle cramps
- Epsom salt can help treat muscle cramps and relieve sore muscles after workouts. Magnesium effectively eases pain and reduces inflammation. This in turn promotes muscle relaxation and healing.
- Make a thick paste of epsom salt and hot water. Apply it on the affected area for 15 to 20 minutes to get soothing comfort.
- Another option is to soak your body in a tub of warm water with 1 cup of epsom salt for at least 20 minutes.
- Your muscle cramps will likely heal after one application or bath. If needed, repeat the process the next day.
4. Eases aches & pains
- Epsom salt can help alleviate symptoms like pain, swelling and inflammation. Magnesium helps regulate the ph levels in the body.
- This in turn reduces stiffness, inflammation and pain associated with any form of arthritis, including gout. It helps in bone mineralization as well. Plus, epsom salt promotes nerve functionality and soothes nerve pain.
- Add 2 tablespoons of epsom salt to hot water.
- Soak the aching body parts in it for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Do this up to 3 times each week.
5. Adds volume to hair
- Epsom salt is also healthy for your hair. It can add body to your hair, remove excess oil from your scalp and keep your scalp healthy. Plus, it can remove the buildup of hair products on the scalp that cause problems like thinning hair, hair loss and oily hair. Also, the minerals in epsom salt help repair and strengthen damaged hair.
- To make a volumizing hair mask, mix equal parts of a warm deep conditioner and epsom salt. Apply it on your slightly damp hair. Leave it in for 15 to 20 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with cold water. Use this hair treatment once a week only.
- If you have oily hair, add a little bit of epsom salt to your shampoo and wash your hair as usual. Do it 2 times a week only.
6. Exfoliates skin
- For healthy and smooth skin, it is essential to exfoliate properly once or twice week. This helps get rid of dead skin cells and remove oil from skin pores that can cause itchiness, pimples, blackheads and other common skin problems.
- You can simply rub a handful of epsom salt over damp skin to remove dead skin cells, then rinse it off with warm water.
- Another option is to mix a handful of epsom salt with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and rub it all over your wet skin to exfoliate. Rinse thoroughly.
- Use either of these treatments on a weekly basis to make your skin healthy, smooth and soft.
7. Treats sunburn
- Epsom salt is very soothing for sunburned skin. Its anti-inflammatory properties alleviate mild sunburn irritation like itchiness and pain. It can even help maintain an even skin tone.
- To treat sunburned hands and legs, mix 2 tablespoons of epsom salt in 1 cup of water and store it in a spray bottle. Spray it on the affected area. Leave it on for 10 minutes, then take a bath. Do this several times a week to notice improvement.
- Another option is to fill a bathtub with lukewarm water and mix in 1 cup of epsom salt, stirring thoroughly so the salt crystals dissolve properly. Add a few drops of lavender essential oil and soak in the water for 20 minutes.
8. Alleviates foot problems
- Be it athlete’s foot, foot odor, dry foot, pain or any other foot problems, epsom salt can be used to treat these issues. Also, its natural exfoliating properties will help soften rough and callused skin on your feet.
- To get rid of foot odor or relieve symptoms of athlete’s foot, add ½ cup of epsom salt to a foot tub filled with warm water. Soak your feet in it for 10 minutes once daily until the problem is resolved.
- To treat toenail fungus, soak the affected toes in hot water mixed with a handful of epsom salt 3 times a day until you get rid of the problem.
9. Improves heart health
- Epsom salt also improves heart health. The magnesium helps maintain a normal heart rhythm and healthy arteries. When the arteries are healthy, there is less risk of blood clots, plaque buildup and damage to arterial walls.
- Also, epsom salt improves blood circulation, which in turn reduces the risk of heart disease and strokes.
- Enjoy an epsom salt bath 3 times a week to improve your cardiovascular health and reduce the risk of heart attack.
10. Improves digestion
- Epsom salt assists in the elimination of harmful toxins and waste products from the body and the digestive system. It also works as a laxative to soften stools, making them easier to pass, and can be used to treat constipation.
- Dissolve 1 or 2 teaspoons of epsom salt in 1 cup of warm water and drink it on an empty stomach once a day. When taken internally, epsom salt can cause some side effects, including gastrointestinal irritation, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting. Consult your doctor before taking epsom salt. Do not take it longer than 1 week.
- Also, soaking in an epsom salt bath helps reduce water retention and tummy bloating.