Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Taruna Sharma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Taruna SharmaYour feedback matters!
Last saturday maine apne partnar ke sath without protect sex kiya but mera virya maine ander nahi dala .but abhi woh pregnent ho sakti hai ya nahi please tell me.
I am married but my wife not getting pregnant and please help me sir I am twenty six yrs old and I am married four year ago sir please help me
I am Dr. Prabhjot Manchanda, Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologists, Jagruti Clinic Ghatkopar East, Mumbai and Cofounder of Blessed Beginnings.
Before your bundle of joy arrives, it’s your responsibility to keep him or her in a healthy environment. This list of dos and don’ts in pregnancy will help you in that and provide answers to what you should worry about and what you should not really fed over. So let’s get started. First: sex during pregnancy, pregnancy is a crucial time for couples as their one mistake can risk the life of their unborn baby. Sex done during wrong time can lead to abortions also, so what is the right time to do sex during pregnancy? Sex if done during first three months of pregnancy can lead to abortions and during seventh and eighth month of pregnancy can lead to premature delivery. So sex during fourth, fifth, sixth and ninth month of pregnancy is safe. In fact if sex done during ninth month of pregnancy actually helps you in getting a normal delivery by enhancing natural labor pains. Of course sex position has to be chosen wisely. Second: travelling during pregnancy, for the same reasons travelling during first and last three months of pregnancy is not advisable. Travelling during ninth month is also not advisable as after eight month of pregnancy airlines themselves do not give permission to pregnant lady to travel and also if you are travelling in the ninth month and you start getting labor pain you don’t want to deliver in train or bus, right? Similarly heavy work and lifting heavy weights is not advisable during first and last three months of pregnancy. Third: food Habits during pregnancy, pregnancy is a time for pregnant females when there is a lot of bombardment of unwanted advice about what you should eat and what you should not eat and some of them are exactly opposite to each other. Confused. So whom you should listen to? Listen to your doctor. You can eat whatever you want to eat. For the first three months of pregnancy, because of pregnancy induced vomiting, either ways you are unable to eat half of the stuff. So observe in this period that what is suiting you and have that stuff often. Drink a lot of water and keep yourself hydrated. Some people say that papaya causes abortion but the less known fact is that raw papaya and papaya seed causes abortion and ripened papaya should not be blamed for. In fact you should limit on the ghee and butter laden Ladoo, which your daddi, nanni says it increases baby weight, but it does not increase baby weight. It increases your weight and risk your risk of getting diabetes during pregnancy. Protein is what is required to increase the baby weight. Of course you should avoid oily and spicy food as it may cause gastritis and iron and calcium supplements what you are taking makes you prone to gastritis. You have to choose either of them. Be wise and choose either of them. Fourth: exercise during pregnancy. Light exercises, yoga, meditation are actually good in pregnancy. They keep you mood elevated and also keep a check on you weight. Heavy exercises and lifting heavy weight is not advisable as I told you before. Light exercises and of course squatting can actually help you on delivering normally. Long walk especially with your partner is advisable with an errand benefit of bonding. Fifth: ultrasound during pregnancy, ultrasound and sonography are extremely safe during pregnancy. Sonography is the bone of motherhood as the doctor can actually see what is going inside the womb what is happening inside the womb, what is happening to the baby, and can make a decision so as to how the pregnancy should be carried for. Ultrasound during pregnancy can be done in numbers for time. X-rays although avoided in pregnancy, but can be done in unavoidable circumstances once or twice depending upon the site of x-ray and of course wearing abdominal sheet. Sixth: dental extractions during pregnancy, if you are having a decaying tooth, you cannot wait a month to get it removed, in fact get rid of tooth before it changes into pus or aphis. So by this I want to say, yes, dental treatment, root canal treatment and other dental conditions are extremely safe during pregnancy. You just have to visit your gynecologist for antibiotics. Seventh: medication during pregnancy your gynecologist must know what you are taking and what for you are taking. Certain medicines are really life threatening for the baby. It can also cause miscarriages or serious birth defects also medicines can also get secreted in the breast milk. So before taking any medicine ask your gynecologist about taking it, be it for a headache, a fever, a dental extraction or whatever you gynecologist should know what you are talking and when you are taking and also don’t hide anything from your gynecologist. Be it a history of tuberculosis, epilepsy, thyroid, cancer or whatever. Your gynecologist has the right to know about your medical conditions. Eighth: do not eat raw meat or eggs. Raw or undercooked meat or eggs can actually cause like threatening food poisoning like listeriosis or toxoplasmosis which can cause serious birth defects in the baby and also can lead to miscarriages. So make sure what you are eating and make sure all your eggs and meat is well cooked.
I hope with this small video you can carry your pregnancy with ease and less confusion. If you like the video please like it and if you have any doubt or query, fell free to contact me directly or through lybrate.
Thanks for watching the video.
Hi, We are expecting a baby for last 8 months, my wife is obese 70 kg.Please help us for getting conceive.
A healthy sex life is very important for mental as well as physical health. However, due to many factors couples may face problems in their sex life, among which the primary concern is a lack of libido. This affects not only men but women as well. Let's look at some of the common factors which can cause low libido.
Usual causes of low libido:
1. Mental stress, anxiety or depression
2. Lack of understanding or love in a relationship
3. Lack of sex drive in women after childbirth
4. Erectile Dysfunction in men and reduced blood supply to the vagina for women making sex painful.
5. Diabetes and hypertension in both men and women
6. Hyperthyroid or hypothyroid
7. Obesity and many others
Homeopathy and the treatment of low libido:
Homeopathy usually treats the underlying conditions first to increase libido, but there are many other treatments to increase sex drive for men and women directly as well. Let's have a look at some of the treatments that are commonly used to treat these problems.
1. Lycopodium - This is one of the most common medications that are prescribed by doctors for treating low sexual libido in men. This is equally potent for young as well as old men who have problems getting or maintaining erections and thus have difficulty performing.
2. Natrum Muriaticum - This is a commonly prescribed medication that is usually prescribed to women who have a low sexual desire owing to dryness in the vagina. This may be caused due to underlying factors as well but the usage of natrum muraticum helps in promoting wetness helping in sexual acts.
3. Nux Vomica - This is a widely used homeopathic medicine which is very good for men who have erectile dysfunctions owing to bad lifestyle habits such as excess consumption of alcohol, other stimulants, rich food or suffer from immense work stress.
4. Arnica - It is a great remedy for men who suffer from erectile dysfunction due to exhaustion. Arnica is also useful even if a person has no erection problems and has regular morning erections but has a general aversion to sex.
5. Gelsemium - This is a great remedy for people who have desire but aren't able to perform due to the muscles in the penis being relaxed. Some people even tend to suffer from performance anxiety and may even suffer from diarrhea and thus Gelsemium tends to be a very potent medication in these cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
It's said that blocked fallopian tube is the most common cause of female infertility in about 40% women. Fallopian tubes are channels through which the egg travels to reach the uterus and blockage of these tubes can put a stop to this from taking place. Depending on the different parts of the tubes, this form of blockage is of several types.
What are the different types of fallopian tube blockages?
- Proximal tubal occlusion: This form of fallopian tube blockage involves the isthmus (an area of about 2 cm long, this part of the fallopian tube connects the infundibulum and ampulla to the uterus). This problem occurs due to complications associated with abortion, cesarean section or PID (pelvic inflammatory disease).
- Mid-segment tubal obstruction: It occurs in the ampullary section of the fallopian tube and is most frequently a result of tubal ligation damage. The procedure of tubal ligation is performed to put a stop to pregnancy permanently.
- Distal tubal occlusion: This is a kind of blockage wherein the section of the fallopian tube that is close to the ovary is affected and is commonly associated with a condition known as hydrosalpinx (a condition in which the fallopian tube is filled with fluid). The latter often happens due to Chlamydia infection, leading to fallopian tube and pelvic adhesions.
The conditions that may give rise to this problem can include:
- Genital tuberculosis (the TB infection that occurs in the genital tract)
- Ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy in which the embryo places itself outside the uterus)
- Tubal ligation removal
- Complications related to surgery of the lower abdomen
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- Uterine fibroids (benign growths that occur in the uterus)
- Endometriosis (development of uterine tissue outside of the organ)
These disorders can lead to the development of scar tissue, adhesions, polyps or tumors to form inside the pathway. Additionally, the tubes can also get stuck to other body parts such as ovaries, bladder, uterus and bowels. Two things can happen to the fallopian tubes, either they can become twisted or the tubes walls may stick together, leading to a complete blockage. Moreover, even if the fallopian tubes are partially damaged, they can remain open so as to enable pregnancy to occur, while increasing your risk for ectopic pregnancy.