Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Taruna DuaYour feedback matters!
I am 28 years old and had unprotected sex with my husband few hours back. I am already a lactating mother and I do not want to get pregnant under any circumstances. Kindly suggest a medicine which is most effective in this situation to avoid pregnancy without affecting breastfeeding and my five month old baby.
I am 18 years old. I am virgin. My periods are not coming from last two months and this is the third month. Please tell me a medicine for my periods so that it starts again.
No matter how outspoken you may be, something happens to us in a gynecologist's clinic. And though we have a million questions, most of them stay unasked. However, it is important to be frank and open with a gynecologist to ensure good sexual health. To make it a little easier, here are the answers to five embarrassing questions.
- Is vaginal discharge normal?: A little vaginal discharge is a normal occurrence in all women. This discharge is a way for the vagina to cleanse itself. The amount of vaginal discharge varies from one woman to the next and also depends on your menstrual cycle. It is very easy to differentiate between healthy and unhealthy discharge by merely looking at it. Normal discharge is clear, whitish or light yellow. If your vaginal discharge is excessive or thick and odorous and accompanied by itching, you should see a gynecologist at the earliest.
- Will hormonal birth control affect my libido?: Hormonal birth control affects each woman in a unique way. While for some it can cause weight gain, for others it can result in a weakened libido. This is because hormonal birth control suppresses ovulation and thus controls the production of natural hormones. If you feel your sex drive is being effected by your pills, talk to your gynecologist for alternative birth control techniques.
- How can you make intercourse less painful?: Sex should be a pleasurable experience for both partners. However, sometimes, the act of penetration can cause discomfort to women. This is mainly because of a lack of lubrication that results from not being turned on enough or nervousness. You could experiment with lubricants and sexual positions to make this more comfortable. Also, go slow and take your time enjoying foreplay to stimulate your body.
- Why is there an odor from my vagina?: Just because your vagina has a strange smell, it does not mean that something is wrong. The fluids in a woman's body are affected by a number of factors including her diet, hygiene, sexual activity and infections. Good hygiene habits can control most odor problems. If it persists, odor may be a sign of a yeast or bacterial infection and should be shown to a doctor immediately.
- Why do I leak urine when I laugh or sneeze?: Many women after giving birth are subject to urinary incontinence. This is mostly due to weak pelvic floor muscles after pregnancy and a drop in estrogen in post menopausal women. Simple exercises can often help strengthen your pelvic muscles and hence prevent leaking. In more serious cases, a gynecologist will also be able to prescribe medication for the same.
No question is too silly or too embarrassing to ask a gynecologist. So, choose your gynecologist with care and ensure that you are comfortable discussing your intimate health with her.
I had sex wth my bf. Bt we didn't have nothing wrong to which I would miss my periods. We didn't have any protection. Bt still I gave missed my periods. I had sex on Monday and I had an I pill on Wednesday. But still I have not got periods. Wht should I do?
Hi sir my wife is pregnant and we already have 11 years baby so we are not planning fro another one please me help out from this ?
Hi madam or sir. Am sumalatha actually one of my friend suffering from polyps in nose. Little bit breathing problem. Actually she was planning for pregnancy. But any problem polyps in pregnancy time. It's OK for planning for pregnancy. After surgery they plan for pregnancy. Pls tell me.
Hi, I am 26 years old married woman. I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome for last april 2016. Please help
Its that safe to sex during on periods Having a sex on periods if we don't use protection then is can be chances to be pregnant fastest then normal time sex.
I am 25 years old. Previously I got surgery for brest lumps at right. Now I got lumps at left side also and I have a lump at my right hand. I went to a gynic, she examined and said it was not harmful. If you want surgery you can if you do not want just leave them. Previous surgery results was also normal. But now I feel swelling under arms on left side. Please suggest me that it is better to go for a surgery for that?
We are newly married couple 3 months are finished. My wife is not getting pregnant. Her periods are proper.
I am 22 years old female. Recently I got married. 2 years before I lost my right overy becoz of cysts. I am trying to pregnancy. Am I get pregnant? What should I do?
I have 2 fibroids (size 2.5 cm and 1.5 cm)so I wanna to ask is there any possibility of get rid off dis problem by doing yoga.
Hello I got pregnancy check by blood and my result is < 1.20 what does this mean! Some says its negative that I am not pregnant! But then also i'm not getting my periods! And I even got pregnancy check by urine dat was negative as well.
Is sonography report always tells about pregnancy n periods problems at same time or it has different types of sonography for pregnancy n period problem.Please tell.
Hi doctor we get recanalisation done about 1 and half year back my wife is now 40 yrs we are trying to have a baby her periods are normal but not conceiving can I know the reson please.
Polycystic ovary syndrome or PCOS is a fairly common female hormonal disorder in which the affected woman produces a surplus of male hormones like testosterone.
And these high levels of androgens produce typical symptoms of PCOS like irregular ovulation or no ovulation at all.
The absence of ovulation, which actually makes a mature egg to release from the ovary every month, results in infertility.
What happens in PCOS ?
Most of the patients having PCOS are seen to have cysts in their ovaries. These cysts cause some hormonal disturbances. One hormone triggers the release of another hormone and so on. Therefore deficiency or excess of a particular hormone can cause imbalance in many other hormones too.
In PCOS, the levels of androgen are raised more than the normal limits. Androgens are the male hormones. They are present in small quantities in normal females. When the levels increase, these can cause disturbance in menstrual periods and cause delayed menses. Facial hair and hair on other parts of the body start appearing in females which are otherwise not present. The normal ovulation cycle also gets disturbed and ovulation gets delayed or does not happen at all.
Other symptoms of PCOS are –
- Heavy vaginal bleeding because as the women with PCOS don’t ovulate and have normal periods, the lining of their uteri becomes thick leading to heavy bleeding and sometimes uterine cancer.
- Weight- gain
- Heart problems
- Irregular periods
- More hair on body
- Depression and mood swings
- More chance of getting type-2 diabetes as these women are resistant to insulin
PCOS has no cure in mainstream allopathic medicine but Homeopathy can help alleviate PCOS symptoms in an effective manner though it takes time and patience.
Homeopathy For PCOS!!
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is curable with the Homeopathic mode of treatment. Homeopathic treatment for polycystic ovarian syndrome is very safe and free from any side effect. Which Homeopathic medicine is required to extract the disease from its roots varies from case to case. Both the physical and mental spheres of the patient are thoroughly investigated while prescribing the Homeopathic medicine. The complete cure of PCOS is a time-consuming process and it cannot be expected in a few days. It requires complete observation regarding the change of symptoms in the patient and frequent clinical follow-ups.
Let’s take a look at a few homoeopathic cures for PCOS:
- Sepia: This is touted as the best homoeopathic remedy for the cure of PCOS. The symptom that gets cured with sepia are late and scanty periods in women. The ovaries are enlarged and have fluid-filled cysts inside. Sepia is very effective in normalising menstrual flow. It also tackles abnormal hair growth on the face, especially on upper lips.
- Pulsatilla: This homoeopathic medicine is excellent for starting menses that have been suppressed for a long duration. In such patients, periods are scanty and accompanied by pain. Pulsatilla works by removing the obstacles that cause the periods to be suppressed and this helps in the normalisation of periods.
- Calcarea Carb: It normalises prolonged and profuse periods. Women presenting with the symptom of obesity are also helped by using Calcarea Carb.
- Natrum Mur: It not only treats irregular periods but also helps the women conceive.
- Thuja Occidentalis: This is the definitive homoeopathic medicine for treatment of retarded menstrual flow. Other indications for its use are the presence of multiple cysts in an ovary. Thuja has the innate capacity to dissolve and get rid of abnormal growths anywhere in the body. Thus, it is very effective in dissolving ovarian cysts too. Most women who require Thuja have cysts in the left ovary. Apart from this, Thuja is also very effective in treating hirsutism due to PCOS.
It is wrong to claim that homoeopathy treats PCOS completely. But it does work in correcting hormonal imbalances, regularising ovulation from the ovaries and restoring and normalising the menstrual cycle.
Homoeopathy may also help in dissolving the ovarian cysts which effectively eliminates the need for hormone therapy and surgery- the two common cures for cysts in allopathy.
If you are suffering from PCOS, we suggest that you consult an experienced homoeopath and take medicines rather than self-medicating. This is because a homoeopath will not suggest the same medicine for PCOS to two different patients as PCOS cure needs an individualistic approach. Also, manage your weight and stress levels to get relief from PCOS symptoms.
I am 27 years old married woman and I am having itching and swelling around my vagina from past 3 days. What is this?
Hi m 7 months pregnant m using squat toilet which is an old Indian style toilet till 6 months it was not difficult bt with the starting of 7 th its vry difficult for me. Is it to worry or not. Is it safe.
What is computed tomography?
Computed Tomography is more commonly known as CT scan. It is a specialized form of X-ray. Computed Tomography is a non-invasive diagnostic procedure. CT scan provides concise images of different body parts and can also divulge any internal bleeding or injury during emergency situations. It is absolutely painless and is known to provide accurate information.
How does it work?
The patient is required to lie down on a table which is then passed through an opening, circular in structure. The radiations are rotated inside the CT scan machine for processing the images of the required body parts.
Benefits of Computed Tomography
- Computed Tomography helps in the identification of any benign (tumor) or malignant (cancer) growth in any part of your body.
- The procedure can be conducted for different body parts such as the head, abdomen, spine and chest among many others.
- The images provide much detailed information. It contains information regarding the condition of blood vessel, soft tissue and bones.
- Various bones and muscular disorders are also identified via Computed Tomography.
- Radiation therapy or biopsy can be carried out with the aid of Computed Tomography.
Risk factors associated with Computed Tomography
- If a person is allergic to Iodine (a dye used in the process), then it must be informed to the doctor beforehand to avoid further complications such as itching, nausea or vomiting.
- At times, kidney functions may get disrupted.
- The radiation emitted during CT scan is known to be harmful, especially for children.
- The dye used for conducting CT scan can cause allergic reaction that can be life-threatening.
At times the doctor may advise anti-allergic drugs to patients who are allergic to the dyes used in the process. CT scan is otherwise a very safe procedure for diagnosing various diseases.