Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Tarun GroverYour feedback matters!
Recently I got aborted and its been six months. My question is when can I try for pregnancy and what are the complications in that?
I had sex just after her periods and then after she took unwanted 72 tablet BT after four days she is having bleeding. Is this so much serious or tell me about this is she had chances of pregnancy or whatever this effect her period date.
I am 28M married for 1.5 years. Me and my wife were planning for baby for almost an year and was not successful. My Semen analysis showed that I have 1 million count and 50% motility. Repeated my SA at various labs and results were same. Went to infertility centres and they gave me hormone injections and tablets. I have been in medication for past 4 months, but no improvement in my sperm count. My wife has no complications other than low amh levels. What is the chance of me fathering a child by going for infertility treatment. Will IUI work. Or should I have to try IVF / ICSI. What would be the success rates?
Hi doctor, for irregular periods, I have been suggested from Dr. Sucharita Picasso to take" pulsatilla 1m" dose daily for one week. My hearty thanks for her. My question - Is" pulsatilla 1m" a syrup or a tablet? so that accordingly I can ask in medical shop to get the same. I searched in google but I dint get information regarding the same. Kindly help me.
I haven't got my periods in over 2 and a half months. My last period was on August 17. I have taken two pregnancy tests. Both are negative. What could be the reason for the delay?
Hi 32 years of age, went lapro cystectomy for endometrioma in 2013 and lap adhesiolysis in 2014. conceived through ivf in 2015 and miss carried at 3 weeks and then again naturally pregnant and miscarried at 12 weeks. Scanned reports show bulky uterus 8.9*5.3*6.3 cm with posterior uterine wall myoma 38*34 MM. Cyst of 4.5*2.8 cm is seen in left ovary. So due to two lapro doc has advised to go for open abdominal myomectomy. Can I conceive without surgery preventing miscarriage? Or do I require to go for surgery? Please opine. Thanks.
I've a big swelling in vaginal area probably at clitoris part. Its itching and also I've pain and unable to walk, sit or sleep even. Im 28f and would need some advice badly. I can't go to a Dr. as it being a private area I'm shy and scared to go and meet directly. Hope this q is kept private. Waiting for a reply. Thanks.
How to cure blocked fallopian tube? And if it is blocked then how period is OK (delaying 1 or 2 days)?
Infertility is the inability to get pregnant after a year of unprotected intercourse. Both men and women can be infertile.
- In about one-third of cases, the cause of infertility involves only the male.
- In about one-third of cases, the cause of infertility involves only the female.
- In the remaining cases, the cause of infertility involves both the male and female or no cause can be identified.
Women are born with a finite number of eggs. Thus, as the reproductive years progress, the number and quality of the eggs diminish. The chances of having a baby decrease by 3% to 5% per year after the age of 30 and this reduction is noted to a much greater extent after age 40.
Female infertility can also be caused by a number of factors including:
1. Damage to fallopian tubes - Damage to the fallopian tubes can prevent contact between the egg and sperm. Pelvic infections, endometriosis, and pelvic surgeries can lead to fallopian tube damage.
2. Hormonal causes - This can lead to ovulation disorders which prevent the ovaries from releasing eggs such as in polycystic ovary syndrome , hyperprolactinemia or disorders of the thyroid gland - hyperthyroidism / hypothyroidism, can interrupt the menstrual cycle and cause infertility.
3. Cervical causes - A small group of women may have a problem in which the sperm cannot pass through the cervical canal. Whatever the reason is , this problem may be treated with intrauterine inseminations.
4. Uterine causes - Abnormal anatomy and distortion of the uterine cavity due to the presence of polyps and fibroids or problem with the endometrial lining can lead to failed implantation of the embryo.
Endometriosis occurs when endometrial tissue grows outside the uterus - often affecting the function of the ovaries, uterus, and fallopian tubes.
5. Primary Ovarian Insufficiency - Also called as Premature Menopause, when the ovaries stop working prematurely before the age of 40. Certain conditions are associated with early menopause like immune system diseases, radiation or chemotherapy and smoking.
Causes of male infertility may include:
1. Abnormal sperm production or function due to various problems, such as undescended testicles, genetic defects, health problems including diabetes, prior infections such as mumps, trauma or prior surgeries on the testicles or inguinal region.
2. Problems with the delivery of sperm, due to sexual problems, such as premature or retrograde ejaculation, certain genetic diseases, such as cystic fibrosis, structural problems, such as blockage of the epididymis, or damage to the reproductive organs.
3. Overexposure to certain chemicals and toxins, such as pesticides, radiation, tobacco smoke, alcohol, frequent exposure to heat can elevate the testicular temperature, impairing sperm production.
4. Damage related to cancer and its treatment, including radiation or chemotherapy for which timely cryopreservation can be done for future use.
5. Unexplained infertility, In approximately 20% of couples the cause cannot be determined using the currently available methods of investigation.
Why is IVF the best way to treat infertility in women?
Conception is a complicated process that depends on many factors:
On the production of healthy sperm by the man and healthy eggs by the woman
- The sperm's ability to fertilize the egg when they meet.
- The ability of the fertilized egg (embryo) to become implanted in the woman's uterus
IVF (or in-vitro fertilization) is a lab procedure where the sperm and the egg are combined in a dish (where fertilization takes place) and is followed by transferring the embryo (the fertilized egg) into the uterus. It is increasingly being used as a method to conceive as it has been established as a safe procedure that helps bypass a number of complications women may face while conceiving such as ovulation problems and issues with the fallopian tube.
Even women who face issues such as PCOS, endometriosis and premature ovarian failure can conceive through this process. Moreover, IVF has been in practice since 1978 and has a safe track record. The success rates of IVF are high as well, making it a preferred procedure for couples who suffer from fertility problems. Unexplained infertility can also be treated with the help of this procedure.
Related Tip: IVF Vs. Surrogacy : Which is the Better Option?
I had sex 5 to six times at interval with a married woman. I am unmarried. She is not suffering from hiv aids. Can I be infected from AIDS after having sex with her?
I am 22 years old, and have four diseases which include pocs, thyroid, appendicitis and urti. How to combat this while studying because I am a student of mba too?
I am 23 years old, I am under lactation. I am becoming very dry I do not know why. Before my pregnancy I was very fair but now I became dark. What's the reason? How could I become bright? What to do?
My wife 25 years old Past two days totally tired and no stamina to stand also We did blood test Results came with WBC count 21300 Pls adv how to reduce WBC count BP and sugar also normal.
Age 25 frequent urination bloating menses lasting only one or 2 days discomfort inside vagina and labia.
Hello Doctor From some months my period coming irregularly. Once it comes only for one day. What I should do. T regular periods . Because from this. The hairs. Increased. On my face. I'm too much worried about. Tell me? What I should do?
I don't get my Menstruation on time and regularly. I often get it twice in a month or sometimes thrice a month d flow is irregular. Please help me what to do?
We are well aware that our kidneys perform one of the most important jobs for our body, they drain the waste. Yet, it remains one of the most neglected organs in a lot of cases due to our not being aware. Our kidneys also need nourishment and apart from drinking adequate water at regular intervals, following foods ensure kidney health.
1) Having Cherries - Cherries help reduce the redness & swelling. They contain a good amount of vitamins c, k & b6, folate, citrate as well as magnesium. Cherries are known to reduce uric acid levels in the body and, lowering the risk of gout attacks.
2) Eating Cranberries - There are high levels of vitamin c and manganese in cranberries. Traditionally, cranberries were used to women to cure utis. Pure cranberry juice when mixed with water reduced levels of oxalate and phosphate in the urine, thus reducing risk of kidney stone formation.
3) Consuming Cinnamon - Known for its quality to regulate glucose levels, cinnamon helps the body by offering protection from disorders in blood sugar level. Diabetes can be damaging for the kidneys, by keeping the blood sugar level constant.
4) Kidney Beans - Kidney beans are said to be effective home remedy for kidney stones and have high healing potential.
5) Using Garlic and Onion - Onions and garlic both have a powerful flavonoid called quercetin which protects smokers from kidney damage. Non-smokers get the added advantage of improved metabolism.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over Whatsapp, Facebook and other media.