Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Tara
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. TaraYour feedback matters!
Hello. My friend ,she had unprotected sex with her boyfriend. In may. and now she also did pregnancy test ,its showing positive result and she too did not got period since last two month . . She is 19 year old. What should we do? We want abortion. please suggest.
Respected Doctor, We did unprotected sex in periods n after sex there was bleeding for next one n half day. Is there any chance of pregnancy or not. please suggest n explain.
M on hormonal pill estranon for having cyst in my left ovary. I had my periods on 3 rd of this month n from then m taking this medicine. N today I had intercourse though it was protected but I feel something entered inside maybe. Does this pill works as contraceptive or do I have to take another oral contraceptive?
There is a prevalent misconception that gynecologists are for women what urologists are for men. But urologists also deal with certain women-related health issues. These include overactive bladder, pelvic organ prolapse, and urinary incontinence.
Following are the 5 points which every female should know:
- Women sometimes pee in their pants too: A majority of the female population between 40 and 60 suffer from either stress incontinence (when you cough, sneeze or laugh) or urgency incontinence (leaking when you want to go badly). Urologists want you to know that there are less invasive options and medications available to treat this problem.
- Recognize pelvic organ prolapse: This condition is defined by a bit of bladder, rectal, or uterine tissue bulging into your vagina. An urologist can provide non invasive options to deal with this.
- Age related factors affect both men and women: Right around the time when menopause and andropause strike, changing hormone levels affect the pelvic floor, bladder, urethra and vagina in women causing problems like urinary tract infection and incontinence. These conditions are effectively treated by an urologist who can also probe for underlying conditions like kidney stone, polyp, or tumor in severe cases.
- An overactive bladder is more common than you think: Around 40% women have to hit the bathroom every hour or so owing to this. Simple lifestyle changes like lowering the intake of caffeine and alcohol, in combination with pelvic floor exercises can solve the problem.
- Pelvic pain: If it is not gynecology then it is urology. A general pain in the pelvic region triggers a visit to the gynecologist first for most women.From menstrual cramps to ovarian cysts, all of this may well be taken care of by your gynecologist too. But when the usual culprits are not the cause for your discomfort, it's time you get the urology aspect examined thoroughly too.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!