Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. TaraYour feedback matters!
Hi. My periods get delayed by 12 days last time and this time it has to com on 12 th this month but not getting yet. My periods are regular before marriage. What is the reason ? Thankyou.
Hello doctor. I had a history of 3 miscarriages. Now m preg again my hcg is doubling in every 48 hours. On 1st it was 67 and on 3rd it was 133 and on 5 th it was 320. Should I start hcg injections? Currently m taking susten sr 300 mg twice. Bigomet sr 500 mg twice as I have pcod. Ecosprin 75 mg once and folinext gold once daily. Bharglob injection on every 21 day enoxaparin 40 mg injection daily as there is a clot in last pregnancy.
How could a female person can identify her evaluation day if her mensuration cycle is not constant at each month? It falls in between 30 to 35 days maximum time.
Losing weight is not just about knocking off a few pounds, it is about living healthy. If you are overweight then your chances of being affected by heart diseases increase. On an overall basis, apart from negatively impacting your self-esteem, it can make you prone to a host of life-threatening disorders. For weight loss, it is important to understand the causes of weight gain, some of which are:
- Consuming fatty foods: If you are consuming more food than the required amount, it is likely that you will put on weight. Consuming foods that are rich in simple carbohydrates and starch can lead to excess calories in the body.
- Disorders: Various metabolic disorders like problems of the thyroid gland or being diabetic can cause you to put on weight.
- Being physically inactive: If you follow a sedentary lifestyle then it is more likely that you will put on weight. Usually jobs that involve sitting behind a desk for long periods of time make people prone to obesity.
These are some reasons that can cause weight gain. If you are overweight then the initial resort is to undertake lifestyle changes. From eating a well-balanced diet to being more physically active are the primary changes that you may commit to. In case you are not seeing visible changes then you may opt for non surgical treatment for weight loss.
The cosmetic techniques by which you can lose fat are:
- Ultrasonic Lipolysis: Ultrasonic lipolysis is a non-surgical technique to get rid of fat. In this technique, ultrasound waves are used to target fat tissues and get rid of it. A transducer (device used to convert energy from one form to another) is kept on the affected area where it emits energy. The fat cells are metabolized by the body and drained from the body further helping in weight loss.
- Mesotherapy: Mesotherapy is a technique that focuses on getting rid of fat from the body by injecting medications in the affected area. It uses a combination of herbs and minerals to destroy the fat cells in your body.
- Endermology: It is a process that involves using rollers to roll over the top portion of the skin which leads to fat loss from the body. It also helps in revitalizing and reshaping the skin, further enhancing weight loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.
I have first time intercourse on 20th dec with my boyfrnd. Does it cause pregnancy? I have period on 27th of Nov. But till now I dint have my periods. If it cause what is the remedy for that?
2.5 months back i took an contraceptive pill. After that on seventth day i got my periods. After that i m yet to get my periods. What could it be?
Interstitial cystitis (IC), also known as painful bladder syndrome, is a difficult condition. It is difficult to diagnose and though there are treatments that can make life easier, there is no long-term cure. Interstitial cystitis is a lifelong bladder problem, that causes pressure and pain below the belly button. Symptoms can be constant, or they may fluctuate. It causes painful and urgent trips to the bathroom. In severe cases, you may need to urinate about 40 to 60 times in a day.
What causes interstitial cystitis (IC)?
The bladder is a hollow, muscular organ that holds the urine your body needs to dispose. The reason why IC occurs isn’t that clear, but there a few ideas:
1. An issue with bladder tissue allows chemicals in your urine to irritate the bladder.
2. Chemicals that are released when there is an inflammation in your body can cause the symptoms.
3. The bladder can be attacked by your immune system
4. Substances in your urine can damage your bladder
5. Nerve problems can wreak havoc on your bladder
Signs and Symptoms
People suffering from IC don’t display the same symptoms. The symptoms keep changing, be it every day, every week or every month. Sometimes, the symptoms may entirely disappear without treatment. Some common IC symptoms include:
1. Bladder pressure and pain that worsens after the bladder gets filled with urine
2. Pain in your urethra (the tube that drains the urine from your bladder), pelvis, lower back and lower tummy
3. Women experience vaginal pain (or the area behind it) or in the vulva
4. In men, a sensation of pain in the penis, testicles, scrotum or the region behind the scrotum
5. The urge to urinate, even if you had urinated a few moments ago
6. Women experience pain during intercourse
7. Men experience pain after sex or during orgasm
One common symptom shared by all people suffering from IC is a swollen bladder. There are certain things that can worsen your condition. These include:
1. Certain drinks or foods
2. Physical or mental stress
3. Menstrual cycles
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.
Brown vaginal discharge. Very little. A bit of pain in legs, thighs. And near pubic regions. Is that sign of pregnancy? Please tell me.
I have irregular periods, hormonal imbalance and pcod issues .I consulted doctor he gave me medicine but no use again I went near another gynecology she suggested me with few allopathy tablets but no use when I am using them then only I am getting regular periods if I stop using them no regular in my periods.
Hello Dr. Am 23 year female worried about pregnancy my period are regular and all types of reports blood, thyroid, scanning, tests are normal and husband also a healthy person married occur about one year not getting pregnancy, and today egg white like discharge occur why this is happening ans me.
We have having unprotected sex from 5 to 6 months. My wife is not get pregnant till now. And she feels much pain in periods please suggest.
She is in her last trimester of pregnancy. She has now developed itching in her hands and feet past 2 days. She is having allegra 120. But no result of improvement.
My friend has married since 2 years but he has no baby. He has got sperm test and find that he has no sperm count. He is worried about it. He usually eat junk food. Please suggest if it can be cured.
Now iam unable to do urine test and and also unable to consult a doctor or go to a clinic to do test how can I confirm my pregnancy positive or negative and how I avoid or what I can do in home for miscarriage?
I am gaining weight after my marriage recently any specific reason and planning for a child since 3 months please let me know to conceive without any problem. Do I need to get any test done.
Pets can be amazing companions and help you cope with your life problems. There can be times when you might feel low and lack motivation to do anything; a pet can change that scenario and bring about a positive change in your life. They keep you engaged and help you take your mind off from various problems in your professional and personal life.
Here are few reasons why having a pet can significantly improve your mental health:
- Petting lowers stress levels: Petting your furry friends is a major stress buster. It has been observed that petting a dog or a cat releases the hormone called oxytocin, which is associated with lowered anxiety and stress levels. When you connect with your pet and engage yourself in grooming and petting, it naturally reduces your blood pressure and lowers the level of cortisol, thereby, producing a calming effect.
- Pets reduce loneliness and isolation: Pets can constantly keep you company, if you don't like being lonely. Dogs and cats can make friends easily and due to their intuitive nature, they can sense it when you are feeling low. They refuse to leave you alone and provide your mental support. Pets also help you socialize especially if you take them out for a walk. They help you interact with other pets and their owners.
- Pets are great listeners and they keep you engaged: Pets can distract you from your problems and stressful situations, which plague your mind. You and your furry mate can spend a wonderful time playing games or by simply clicking pictures together. Pets are also good listeners and hence you can vent out your feeling without the fear of being judged. They help you heal and get over certain things which would otherwise be a lot more difficult to overcome.
- They love you unconditionally and keep you happy: Seeing your pet welcoming you after a hard day at work can instantly lift your mood and make you smile. They love you no matter what mistakes you made and keep you energized, positive and motivated. Caring for your pet and reciprocating their love can make you less self centered and more motivated towards your goals.
Related Tip: "Effects of Alcohol on Mental Health"
5 signs your body is lacking in water
Water is indispensable for the human body as 90% of the brain and almost 60 per cent of an adult body is chiefly made up of water. Water is just as important as any of your meals. Each cell and organ depends on water for its proper functioning and for flushing out toxins and fats from the body. An average man must consume roughly 3 litres (10-12 glasses) of water per day; and a woman requires about 2.5 litres (8-10 glasses). If you're not meeting this requirement, you might be fall prey to dehydration.
The state of water deficiency or dehydration can be determined through various symptoms. Read on to know the 5 most common signs:
1. The colour of your urine is dark
The colour of your urine indicates your health. The lesser the water you drink, the darker is the colour of your pee. If your urine is pale yellow, you drink a sufficient amount of water. If it's dark yellow and concentrated, it's a sign for you to refill on water. Also, if you haven't urinated for more than two hours, you should immediately gulp 2 glasses of water.
2. You experience frequent headaches
Headaches are often caused by dehydration when the pressure from your blood vessels falls. Dehydration makes it tough for your heart to pump enough oxygen to the brain. Drinking sufficient amounts of water ensures the flow of oxygen in your body.
3. You feel dizzy and fatigued
Lack of water can often lead to laziness and restlessness. It may also cause a rapid change in your blood pressure. Low or high blood pressures are stimulants of fatigue. Water gives you instant energy that wakes up your whole system, thus making you feel revitalised.
4. You have constipated bowel movements
Water is one of the top natural remedies for constipation or troubled bowel movements. If your fluid intake is low, you're likely to have stomach, gastric and bowel problems. The digestive system depends on water to help food move through both the intestines. It checks the functions of the digestive tract, while also keeping it flexible and clean.
5. You experience brain fogs and blackouts
Your brain cells and nerves react severely to water loss. You may start feeling a lack of concentration along with temporary memory loss. Blackouts and fogs are common when you have a deficit of water. You might even experience difficulty in carrying out cognitive tasks.
If you're experiencing similar issues, you must enhance your daily water intake. You can try carrying a sipper around, which allows you to keep a tab on your water consumption. To relish water as a refreshing beverage, you can infuse freshly chopped fruits and herbs in a pitcher of chilled water. This flavoured water also cleanses your body of all toxins and chemicals, thus keeping you fresh.