Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Tanu SayalYour feedback matters!
I had sex last month. After that I had my regular periods. Are there any chances of pregnancy? Please reply soon.
After 1st sitting, you might face problem of ulceration, then you would be prescribed with relieving gel, apply it with cotton applicator tip.(you can use ear bud)
I am vegetarian and my age is 46 years and weight is 66 kg and I want to reduce my weight up to 60 kg. Last year I got my uterus and ovaries removed. Tell me how can I reduce my weight.
Please help me I had private abortion through pills before 3 months n now there is lot of pain in my back n leg. Till now I have not consult any doctor. So what can I do.
My periods got over on 19th February. I had sex on 21st Feb and took ipill on 22nd Feb. I didn't get any bleeding. I did pregnancy test on 4th March and result is negative. Was it too early to do pregnancy test? When should I do it and get confirmation? Please suggest.
Ave a sex on 24th oct and it is without protection. And even I do not remember my safe period cause my menses come once in a 3 month. So on which day I should do pregnancy test. And also if other way to know about pregnancy as I do not want to pregnant.
I'm a teenage girl. After masturbating, I start getting slight headaches, dizzy and the areas around my ears are somewhat numb and hot like I'm having a fever. What should I do.
I am 23 years old boy and I have problem of gas. Actually my diet is very irregular. Sometimes I take dinner or lunch sometimes not. I am feeling this problem from last 2 years. I am not taking any medicine. Please give me some advice.
We are thinking to have baby after one year. But I want to give full satisfaction to my wife by releasing sperm once or twice so that the chances of pregnancy will be zero. Please suggest me what is best time to release sperm so that chances of pregnancy will be zero.
I hv facing a peroid problem dat is i hvnt periods for 3 n a half months. .i faced this problem before. . N also consulted with a doctor vthen. He said its not a big issue n gave the medicine then it got cured. I just wnt to know the reason behind this irregularity and what shoul i do??
I am 19 years old. I am getting severe stomach pain during periods. Please suggest me a solution to get rid of this ?
Hi I am 27 year old. I have taken i-pill on 16/05/2015. My weight has increased now. Since I am undergoing weight loss session. Please tell me weather is it becauae of i-pill? and how long this effect will persist?
Dear doctor, Before 6 months v got married. My wife had her periods on last Nov 14. Tomorrow (Jan 2) is her 50th day. But today (Jan 1) she feels her periods going to happen. But we expect lot about baby formation. She having irregular period. On last week Dec 30th we had pregnancy test using pregnancy card. It shows one thick line and one lite lite. Now it's time to her for her periods. Slightly periods started. So confused. My doubt is one thick line and one lite lite in pregnancy card. Whether it indicates positive pregnancy? During 50th day period can happen? How can we find ovulation period? Kindly give solutions and suggest few ideas to make pregnancy.
I have irregular periods so doctor advice for sonography in that both ovaries are enlarge in size with multiple tiny cysts are seen in it. Finding suggestive of polycystic ovaries.
Marriage is perhaps the most important relation in an adult’s life. That’s why it needs extra care and attention, especially when things are not exactly gung ho. This is where marriage or marital therapy comes in.
Marriage counseling is the process of counseling the married couple to recognize and to reconcile or at least manage differences and repeating patterns of stress upon the marital relationship.
Basic practices of marital therapy
- The basic practices of marital therapy focus primarily on the process of communicating. Counselors use a method called active listening.
- Another method used is called “Cinematic immersion”. Both these methods have one important thing in common- they help counselors create a safe environment where each partner can express feelings and hear the feelings of the other.
- Emotionally focused therapy for couples or EFT-C is also used. This is based on attachment theory and uses emotion as an agent of change and target, both.
- Behavioral couples’ therapy is another method used. It is actually a proven way out of marital discord. This method focuses on integrating the twin goals of acceptance and change for couples in therapy.
The successful couples usually make concrete changes to accommodate the needs of the partner and also show greater emotional acceptance of the other.
Role of the relationship counselor
A couple therapist is usually someone with a degree in psychiatry or counseling. And her primary role is to listen, understand and facilitate better communication between the couple. The counselor also:
- Provides a confidential tete-a tete, which normalizes feelings
- Enables each partner to be heard and to hear themselves
- Works as a mirror to reflect the marriage’s difficulties to the partners
- Outlines the potential and direction for change
- Delivers important information
- Improves communication
- Identifies the repetitive, negative interaction cycle that drives a problematic marriage as a pattern
- Understands the source of emotions behind that negative pattern
- Re-organizes these key emotional responses to offset the pattern
- Creates new patterns of interaction
- Increases emotional attachment between partners
When should you seek marital therapy?
- When you avoid communicating or your communication has become negative- This usually means bad language, verbal abuse, and sometimes physical abuse.
- When you or your partner have sought out other sexual partners – Marital therapy can save a marriage after an affair if both partners want and work out the kinks in their relationship.
- Lack of intimacy in the marriage- This is the stage when partners just occupy the same space without communication, or exchange of feelings or touch.
Marriage counseling is a long process. And another thing to remember is that it can’t save a marriage that is unsalvageable. So, go in for marital therapy with an aim to do what’s the best for you and your partner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.