Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. TanuYour feedback matters!
When I wake up every morning then I fell that I have pain in my back but after 20 or 30 minute when I walk it does lost so what should I do in this?
My last vertebrae are somehow pressed so l am continuously suffering from low back pain and leg pain from almost a year.
What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems?
My mother has spinal bones compression problem, which doctor is best for spinal bone (without surgery) ?
Low back pain is one of the most common medical problems and it occurs due to injury associated with the nerves, bones, and muscles of the back. The pain can vary from a sharp shooting pain that happens at various intervals to a gnawing pain that can last for weeks on end. While the former can go away with some muscle relaxant, the latter may need a combination of medications and exercise.
- Common reasons include improper sleeping posture, lifting, fracture, lack of exercise, disk injuries, arthritis, and many more. Most of these instances would lead to medium to long term pain that will not subside on its own and for long Physiotherapy has proven to provide good relief.
- The aim of physiotherapy is to reduce pain, improve movement, and maintain the spinal function in the long run. Most often, the therapy sessions would last for about 4 weeks when the regular course of medications have not helped much.
- Nerves, muscles, bones, and disks of the lower back are supported by the abdominal and back muscles. The intent of the exercise is to strengthen these two sets of muscles so that the spine/lower back per se is not very susceptible to injury. The exercises would be a combination of stretching followed by strengthening and conditioning, all aimed at these two sets of muscles.
- Some common exercises include bottom to heels stretch, knee rolls, back extensions, deep abdominal strengthening, and pelvic tilts.
- In addition to being used as a sole mean of treatment, physiotherapy is also used in back pain to treat severe cases both pre and post surgically. What is corrected by surgery needs to be enhanced by the regular exercises as prescribed by the doctor.
- One disclaimer that a doctor might want to give is that physiotherapy may not be beneficial if exercises are not done properly or if the patients do not adhere to the scheduled prescription. The long term success depends not just on getting the relief, but on following the maintenance exercises as prescribed. This is more important and helps avoid relapse of the back pain. A good posture and improved core stability with ongoing exercises is the key to success of physiotherapy in low back pain.
- While most people consider low back pain as a chronic condition, it can be managed effectively. It is important to realize that there is no overnight cure and that it may not get better on its own. Physiotherapy is a very good intervention; however, it will depend on the severity of pain and how it affects the patient's lifestyle.