Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Tanu KapoorYour feedback matters!
Hi my doctor suggested me take copper T to avoid pregnancy. I asked to doctor I do Not want second baby in that time she suggested me the copper T. May I know this is a tablet or what.
Hello. I had unprotected full sex before my period day. Then I took an i-pill. Is there any side effect of these?
I'm facing an issue of scanty blood flow since two months and brown blood spots. One side headache also.
Today, olive oil is known as one of the healthiest oils for cooking food because of its low level of saturated fats. Olive oil is also said to be able to aid in weight loss, reduce cholesterol, lower the risk of cardiovascular diseases, slow down the ageing process and protect against certain types of cancer. However, not all types of olive oil are the same. Olive oil is extracted by crushing olives and is categorised on the basis of the type of pressing, acidity levels and extent of processing undergone.
Some of the common types of olive oil available are:
- Extra virgin olive oil: This refers to oil produced by the first ‘pressing’ of olives. This oil is extracted using only mechanical or other physical means and does not involve the use of heat or chemicals. The only processing is subjected to is washing, decanting, centrifuging and filtering. The maximum acidity level of this oil is 0.8%. Extra virgin olive oil has no added flavours or aroma and is said to have a superior taste.
- Virgin olive oil: This is the second grade of olive oil. It has slightly higher level of acidity than extra virgin olive oil. It may seem to have a slight flavour imperfection as compared to the earlier oil. This is most commonly used type of olive oil.
- Refined olive oil: Oil that is produced by subsequent pressings of the remaining olive flesh is known as refined olive oil. It has a lighter colour and is less viscous as compared to virgin olive oil. Unlike virgin olive oil, refined olive oil is bleached and deodorised. It may also be mixed with a little virgin olive oil. This type of oil has the same levels of monosaturated fat, but has very little antioxidants.
- Olive pomace oil: The crushed flesh and pits left over from the extraction of olive oil is known as pomace. This may further be used to extract oil known as pomace oil. Pomace oil is an inferior oil that may be mixed with olive oil to improve its taste and texture.
- Unfiltered olive oil: As the name suggests, the unfiltered olive oil contains bits of olive flesh. While this may enhance the flavour of the oil, it also causes a sediment to be formed at the bottom of the bottle. This sediment may become rancid over time and lower the shelf life of the oil. Unfiltered olive oil should ideally be used within 6 months of being bottled.
Apart from the above, there are a number of other types of olive oil such as early or late harvest olive oil, hand picked olive oil, single estate olive oil and flavoured oil. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
My periods always regular in 31 days cycle. Last month 15 days late then periods came. This month, at my 28 th day I got some bleedingwith few clots. But it stopped few minutes. Today is my 30 day. May I get chance to conceive. I am having 6.5 year girl baby. We are planning for 2 nd baby.
The debate about how sex affects sportspersons has been there for a very long time, but it is its reverse which is somehow more applicable. Research has shown that regularly engaging in sports or other physical activities such as exercising can have some really positive effects on your sex life. This has got to do mostly with improved metabolic activity in the cells from the increased motion and exercise.
Research suggests that engaging in exercise, sports and other physical activities result in an increase in flexibility and agility among people, thus aiding sexual prowess and performance. Also, it boosts levels of self-confidence, thus allowing you to believe that you are sexually desirable, (due to increased levels of fitness and toned musculature) which in turn also positively affects sexual capability- in providing higher levels of satisfaction to your partners. Apart from these, there are several other factors of sexuality that are also improved due to engaging in sports or exercise, like:
- Decreased risks of Erectile Dysfunction (ED): One of the most essential benefits of engaging in sports and exercise is that it lowers the risk of erectile dysfunction in men, due to an increased level of blood flow into your penis as a result of widening of the arteries. In this regard, research also suggests that you don't necessarily need to be overly fit or sporting to reduce chances of ED - even a brisk half hour walk works wonders.
- Improved quality of semen: Research has found that if you exercise or are engaged in some rigorous sporting activity for at least 15 hours per week, you will have higher sperm counts than your inactive counterparts.
- Increased libido: High levels of exercise pumps up testosterone levels in men and estrogen levels in women, which leads to better muscle growth and an increased sex drive in both sex.
- Increased chances of achieving orgasm in women: If you work out frequently, then the process of arousal works quicker for you and chances of orgasm is faster and with higher intensity, it gets increased exponentially.
- Heightened sensitivity: In women, the clitoris contains over 8000 nerve endings, which makes it very sensitive to stimulation, and increases arousal exponentially. Increased physical activity heightens the effect of this stimulus and makes sexual stimulation much more pleasurable. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I am 22 I had my sex on March 23 and my last period was March 11 will I become pregnant? Now I am feeling like vomit and sometimes dizziness? Why these symptoms?
Should multivitamins be taken on regular basis or it should be cycled over a certain period of time?
Hey, it has been diagnosed that I have fibroadenoma in my left breast. Doctors told that its happen in teen age sometimes but not dangerous at all. I just want to know if this can become cancerous or not.
Respected Doctor. My wife is 6 and half months pregnant. She is suffering from white discharge since 1 and half months. She has consulted local gynaecologist. She is receiving treatment. Being worried she has consulted three local gynaecologist. Even after 1and half months treatment she is not satisfied. She has been prescribed per vaginal pessaries. Both antifungal & antibacterial (clindamicin. Clotrimazole. Oral antibiotics. Antispasmodics. Etc. After all the treatment symptoms resolved by 50%--60%. But still white discharge continues. The patient herself is gynaecologist & myself is pediatrician couples. Kindly guide us. Will this white discharge continue till delivery. Is there any risk of intra-uterine infection. What to do? this is our precious and first successful pregnancy. Kindly give your valuable opinion and advice. Is this leucorrhoea physiological or pathological? kindly help.
I am diagnosed with right ovary cyst sized 5 cm. I am planning for baby since last 3 months. What can be my next step for treatment. Docs are suggesting lap surgery n then ivf as they say my ovary is getting destroyed because of cyst. I also have previous history of cyst 8 years back.
My periods are late. Dr. Suggested me mensoon tablets 3tablets per day for 3 days. I completed my course today. For how many day will my periods occur? can periods occur durin the dosage?
I had sex with my gf 10 may used emergency pill. She got period 24 may. Thn 10 june she started bleeding for 3 days. Why she bleed? Thn we sex two times with protection. Now her period is off. She took pregnancy test 10 july n it was negative. What is the reason for stopping period?
I am 47 years old, 70 kgs and 5 ft in height. I am having regular periods barring 2 or 3 times when they was a delay of 15 - 20 days. Probably due to my age being closer to menaupase. I have tried exercises and also gone through a diet but without much success. Is it impossible to lose weight in this stage.
My period was missed from 12 th june consulted doctor after 1 week. She examined scanned and prescribed me a progesterone tablet for 5 days 2 tablets daily and told will get periods within 10 days after stopping tablet. Today is 10th day I don't get periods so I am confused what I should now.
My vaginal nd there side skin is becomes dark day by day. And I have itching problem also in my vagina. Bcz of itching I had face some other problems also. please help me out from this.
Hello sir, I am a married person and I don't have any child. Since one year. What to do this moment? Please help me.
Changing something as important as your cholesterol might seem an insurmountable task. Here nutritionist guy gives seven day-by-day tips to help you on your way.
Monday - Increase your fruit and veggie intake. They are rich in important nutrients, low in saturated fats and are cholesterol-free. They are also rich in fibre, which has a cholesterol-lowering effect. Aim to have at least five serves a day, and to eat a variety of different coloured fruits and veggies each day.
Tuesday - Reduce your intake of unhealthy fats. Saturated and trans fats raise blood cholesterol levels. Trans fats are the worst, so limit your intake of processed and fast foods. Choose low-fat dairy products, healthy oils such as olive oil, and flaxseed oil instead of butter. Trim fat from meat and skin from poultry.
Wednesday - Cook with olive oil, a source of healthy monounsaturated fats. It has a higher oxidation threshold than most monounsaturated oils and remains stable at higher temperatures, so is more resistant to hydrogenation and the formation of trans fats. Monounsaturated fats help to lower total cholesterol levels.
Thursday - Eat more garlic. Studies show that, as part of a low-fat diet, it can help reduce cholesterol levels - lowering levels of" bad" LDL cholesterol and raising 'good' HDL cholesterol. It also helps to thin the blood, which helps reduce the risk of heart attacks. Studies show countries that eat more garlic have lower rates of heart disease.
Friday - Eat more legumes. Legumes such as chickpeas, lentils, beans, and peas are good for people with high cholesterol levels. They are low in fat and rich in nutrients such as b vitamins, iron, and unsaturated fats. They are also a rich source of soluble fibre, which helps to lower cholesterol levels.
Saturday - Eat oatmeal for breakfast. Whole oats are packed with heart-healthy dietary fibre and nutrients such as b vitamins, vitamin E, and iron. Oats are an excellent source of soluble fibre, which lowers cholesterol and reduces the risk of heart disease. Choose fibre-rich whole oats over quick oats.
Sunday - Snack on nuts. They are rich in unsaturated fats. Choose nuts that are higher in unsaturated (mono and poly) fats and lower in saturated fats. These include almonds, walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, and pistachios. Try making up a trail mix with your favourite raw, unsalted nuts, dried fruit and a mix of seeds.