Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Acupressurists in India. You will find Acupressurists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Acupressurists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Ear Acupuncture Technique
Electro Acupuncture Procedure
Scalp Acupuncture Treatment
Three Edge Needling Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. TanejaYour feedback matters!
I face hairfall problem from 1 year please give me some advice to prevent hairfall and get hair growth??
A beautiful mane with a healthy scalp and shiny hair is something each one of us desire. However, given the multiple factors that affect its health including diet, lifestyle and environment, this desire remains a dream for many. There are good and bad sides to it. The bad thing is that hair problems, dandruff, itching, graying and hair loss are here to stay. The good news is that there are simple, easily available ways and methods that can be effectively used to control these problems.
Homeopathy believes that most health issues have an underlying, deep seated issue and treating that can help in getting rid of the symptoms:
- Alopecia (Hair loss): Some people can have generalized hair loss, while some could have patches of balding areas develop on the head. Where other remedies have failed, some people have had successful hair regrowth with homeopathic medications like silicea, kalium carbonicum, lycopodium, Natrum muriaticum, Pulsatilla pratensis, Borax, Cinchona officinalis, and various other products are used effectively to improve hair growth.
- Dandruff: There is flaking of the scalp, and people with oily skin have a higher incidence of having dandruff. Other reasons include hormonal imbalance, poor scalp/hair health, emotional stress and poor quality hair products. Kali sulphuricum is used for profusely oily, white scaly dandruff. Thuja is used in people with white scaly flaking. If there is associated hair loss, phosphorus is used. Natrum muriaticum, Sulphur, Carboneum sulphuratum, Lycopodium, Mezereum, Ammonium muriaticum, Arsenic album, Calcarea, Medorrhinum, Heracleum sphondylium and Kali carbonicum are also used based on associated symptoms.
- Graying of hair: Various reasons for graying include stress, environmental exposure, hair products, poor diet and of course genetic. Gray hair can be treated using various homeopathic preparations depending on the associated symptoms, which might point to the likely root of the problem. Phosphoric acid is used when there is associated grief. Lycopodium is used when there is only partial graying in some areas. In anaemic or weak patients, Natrum mur is used. If digestive symptoms are also present, silicea is used.
- Scalp psoriasis: If there is a burning sensation associated with the infection, Sulphur is used. In people with excessive scratching, calcarea is used. Graphites provide relief where there is significant dryness and itching. In people with associated gastric or urinary symptoms, lycopodium is effective. If the psoriasis is worsening in cold weather, sepia is an option.
As is evident, these hair problems and interlinked and the agents used in treatment can be used in more than one condition. Self-medication should best be avoided. The presenting symptoms have an underlying cause, and it is best that a detailed discussion with the doctor on the symptoms is done before getting these medicines prescribed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
I am male 50 year old with full Gray hair. How to have permanent black hair without colouring every month.
Trigger thumb is a painful clinical condition in which the terminal phalanx if the thumb gets locked in a state of flexion. Sometimes it is bilateral i. E. Involving both hands. Big toes of the feet are usually not involved. The condition at some stage may become painless. It is more common in diabetics.
Trigger thumb is caused as a result of inflammation of the tunnel of the thumb in which the (flelexor pollicis longus) tendon moves. As a result the tunnel gets narrowed, usually at the metacarpo phalangeal joint and arrests the gliding movement of the tendon. Sometimes there is a nodule formation in the tendon at the same place producing obstruction to the tendon movement.
Non steroid anti inflammatory drugs help in reducing pain and swelling. Physiotherapy helps in regaining movements of the joint. Sometimes in local infiltration with steroids gives relief. However long term effects of steroids are not desirable.
Surgical treatment if the medical treatment does not succeed, then surgical release of the tendon should be undertaken. It a one stitch surgery which can be done under local anesthesia with constantly good results.
Congenital trigger thumb some children are born with it. The congenital variety is usually bilateral. In these cases the treatment is surgical only. It should be done early otherwise the terminal phalanx of the child will not grow and remain small in size.
I am a sports person, when I start up some physical exercise I have always pain in my right ankle. Please advise.
I have pain in right wrist because I injured it while doing workout. I have been two weeks and there is nothing in x-ray report but I still have pain. What should is do?
Sir I have leg pain for last 1 year. It gets really bad some times. Could it be I eat too much potato in my diet sir?
I am suffering from joint pain near toe of my feet. My uric acid is high than normal, can you please suggest me proper diet for gout pain and also suggest me the precautions.
Not getting mustaches and beard Iam 23 Y am I not getting mustaches sir please send me any remedies about this problem pl My name srikanth Iam from andhrapradesh.
i am jogging daily from past 18 months approx.4km daily. now my knee joint is paining after joging.my weight is 105kg right now and when i started it was122kg. when i stopped runnnig from at 2weeks my pain has gone but when i started running again it came back.what precautions should itake???
Name: Mamta Sharma Age: 43 Years Gender: F Address: Tinsukia-786125 (Assam) Facing severe pain in Heels, Lower Back, and Whole left Leg, and upper back.
Cortisone shots are injections that help relieve pain and inflammation. They are injected directly into the joints such as the ankle, wrist, knee, hip, shoulder, elbow or spine. These injections are a combination of corticosteroids and local anaesthetics. These corticosteroids are similar to the hormones produced by the adrenal gland. Cortisone injections are often used to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger finger, shoulder bursitis and plantar fasciitis. Though they do not cure the disease but they provide temporary relief.
These injections may be slightly painful but provide relief in a day or two that lasts for a few weeks or months at a stretch. Hence, cortisone shots provide relief faster and have longer lasting results than other forms of anti-inflammatory medication. Another benefit of cortisone injections as compared to other drugs that need to be taken in through the mouth is that it avoids side effects of anti-inflammatory medication such as an upset stomach etc. Cortisone injections can also be used to treat backaches and pain that radiates from the spine to an arm or leg.
However, cortisone injections are associated with a number of risks. These include:
- Infection in the joints
- Nerve damage
- Thinning of tissue and skin around the injection site
- Pain and inflammation in the joint
- Weakening or rupturing of tendons
- Osteoporosis or thinning of bones
- Lightening of skin around the injection site
- Osteonecrosis or death of bones in the injected area
- Blood sugar spikes – this is seen mostly in diabetic patients
- Weakening of the immune system if the person has an underlying infection
In most cases, these side effects are short-lived. Higher dosages and frequent administration can increase the body’s exposure to the corticosteroid. This increases the risk of long-term side effects such as:
- Easy bruising
- Weight gain
- Cataract formation
- Puffiness of the face
- High blood pressure
Cortisone may also be held responsible for the deterioration of cartilage inside a joint. For this reason, doctors do not advise cortisone injections to be had more than 3-4 times a year. The minimum interval between two cortisone injections must be 6 weeks. Doctors also typically limit the number of injections given in one joint.
When used judiciously, cortisone injections can greatly improve the quality of a patient’s life. Hence it is very important to get treated only by a qualified doctor and to completely understand the pros and cons of using this form of treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.