Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Tandeep MalhotraYour feedback matters!
Doctor, I am a 56-year-old gentleman. I have a question to a dentist. I am suffering from moderate orthodontia. I feel very much embarrassed giving an open smile. I habitually avoid displaying my teeth. I know that is a very unhealty psyche but can't help. I know that treatment may cause lot of time involvement, expenses, and perhaps become a handicap in social mixing. Can you please suggest possible quick and cost effective remedies? Please inform.
My teeth has been itching since someday and I don't know what to do because its paining more as I expect so pls do me a favour sir pls.
Mother aged 65 plus getting mouth ulcers often. Pls specify the reason of reoccurring and medicine for the same.
How to keep teeth clean and comfortable with the same time as a result of the most important thing is that the only thing I can do it for the first time in the morning and I will be a good time to time and money to pay for the first time in.
Using baking soda as a home remedy for whitening your teeth is helpful, but do not use harshly as it acts as an abrasive it will abrade your enamel layer exposing dentinal tubles making them sensitive.
Use baking soda but once in a week, it helps in removing stains but just avoid applying it harshly.
I have some pain in my teeth for someday, when I eat some food. Please give me solution what I do now?
Hello im some one who is feeling very sick and I eat chocolates and drink cool drinks so I have cavities in my mouth how shall I get rid of them say me the way to solve my problem.
My teeth gets in yellowish color and there are some black spots on some teeths. Please let me know the cure.
I am having throat infection and mouth is getting dry. Please advise medication to get rid of this and also Advise if this is bcoz of heat.
Dear experts/specialists, Please help. I have an issue with bad breath. I visit dentist once in a year and according to him my teeth are very clean and maintained. Whatever bad breath is coming, it is occurring due to poor digestion, nasal drip or due to throat issue. Fyi, I have a running nose tendency while eating food, brushing teeth. I myself feel the bad breath within throat area and always feel that some food particles are stuck in throat and that is causing bad breath. Also, I read on Google that this may be due to liver not functioning properly. I want to get rid of this bad breath issue permanently so please guide about next to do's, which kind of doctor shall I see in Pune etc? Any help, advice would be highly appreciated.
I am 26 years old and I am having gum bleeding when I brush my teeth. Do me a favor by suggesting me.
Sir I have consulted dentist six months before they filled cavities and cleaned my tooth but bad smell still persist so please tell me what to do.
White patches on teeth are formed due to many reasons. There are many factors contributing to this. The appearance of the white patches is just like tiny white patches or spots randomly here and there on the teeth. They look odd and may give an impression of poor health and hygiene.
The causes of white patches on the teeth
White patches are formed on the teeth for the following common reasons:
- If the teeth are ill formed during development and more calcium is released than required during the development stages, then the excess calcium gets deposited on the teeth as the white patches. You may see them as spots which many be light in color or flashy white.
- Fluorosis is another common factor, which causes the white patches. This occurs in childhood. During the developing years, if the child's teeth get an excess supply of fluorides, then the white patches develop on the teeth.
- Mineral depletion is another cause for the white patches. This happens mostly for loss of calcium. If calcium is scarce, then the small white spots are developed on teeth, and the problem is referred to as hypocalcification.
- If you had been wearing braces for years, and didn't take care of teeth around the braces, then also white spots may develop when you take off the braces.
The various ways of treating the white spots
While the damage is done due to hypocalcification in developmental stages or due to excess fluorides in the developing years can't be reversed, but the appearance can definitely be taken care of. The management is done as follows:
- Tooth bleaching is an option. The bleach brings uniformity in the teeth color and therefore, conceals the discoloration.
- Air abrasion is another process where tiny crystal particles are blown towards the patches of calcium deposits, and this depletes the calcium. The removal of excess calcium brings a balance in teeth color.
- If there are dentures or gaps formed in the teeth after removal of calcium deposits, then a filling will be done to add to the portion to bring natural color balance and smoothness.
- Tooth capping and porcelain veneer can be added or crowned on tooth so that complete concealing is done of the white spots; this is done when in no other way the visible spots can be managed.
Prevention is better than cure and therefore, practicing dental hygiene and oral care is the best way to prevent the problem. Also a periodic dental checkup has to be done in every six months.