Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. TamjaiYour feedback matters!
I am 61 years male. Some times while I go for sleep in the evening at around 11'Clock I feel some sort of suffocation (Breathibg problem) I am not obese my height is 164 cms weight is 78 Kgsprevious heart checkup in March 2012 every declared normal.
Sir I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain. Whenever cough hard Can you suggested what should be done.
For last 2 days while getting up in the morning I feeling dizziness and could not even stand up. This happen 1st time with me. I checked my BP was 91/134. Can you suggest for the same?
I am 65 years old. I am regularly taking Statin 20 mg and ecosprin 75 mg. My gum are receding and bleeding.
I am 35 years male and I have BP (6 years) and Diabetes (2.5 years). I am suffering from chest pain since 1 month but it is very mild. In starting I felt this mild pain continuously and then it automatically disappeared. Now I feel it when there is a hickup or belching. I visited Doctor (MD Medicine) he prescribed me Rabeprazole with Domperidone and clonazepam 0.5 mg with propranolol 20 mg BD. I got no relief then I visited heart specialist he told me that my Diastolic BP is high 100-110 and he changed my BP tablets. He done my ECG 2 times and both the times it was absolutely normal. My Lipid profile Hba1c are as follows: Serum Cholesterol: 187.5 Serum Triglycerides: 156.4 HDL Cholesterol: 47.2 LDL Cholesterol: 109.02 VLDL Cholesterol: 31.28 Hba1c: 6.2 Dr. Also prescribed me medicine to lower my LDL cholesterol as it must be 70 in my case. But I have no relief. I have hyperacidity problem for a long time and I think this is the only reason of this chest pain. Kindly help me plzzz.
My age is 22 n my weight is 74kgs. Before 2 months my weight was 62 kgs. From last month while sleeping I feel some thing choking in my throat by which I can't sleep. It wakes me up after n after 5 min when I fell asleep. Please tell me is this by my overgained weight or any other problem. I think I am suffering from cholesterol n TSH. Please tell me some tips n tests which will help me to diagnose the problem.
This is a question that is asked very often. Both these condition Hypertension and Diabetes are not like cold or fever where we take medications and stop them when it subsides. They are not diseases but rather conditions that develop in the body. By conditions i mean that they can be controlled but never really eliminated. The means of controlling is by medications. There are some exceptions such as obesity high grade and pregnancy where in diabetes and hypertension occur but are lost once significant weight is reduced or after child is delivered. However, otherwise they go out of control if medication is not taken after the condition is under control especially during periods of stress and excessive eating. Even in obesity and pregnancy the drugs are only stopped under medical supervision and monitoring periodically (weekly or biweekly) and it is never advisabale for patients to stop medications on their own.
Many people think at least for once if they can eliminate all allopathic medicines and try some other form of treatment from another system of medicine to get rid of diabetes and hypertension completely. If this was possible then there would be a documented or known case of such a thing happening but unfortunately there is none. Therefore do not stop or discontinue medications without medical supervision and periodic monitoring of both conditions or else it may have serious consequences.
Heart Blocks are a result of plaque buildup in your arteries, which blocks blood flow and circulation to the heart, causing heart muscle damage and heightens the risk for heart attack and stroke.
Arteries which have smooth and elastic walls become thick and restrict blood flow from the cholesterol deposits over the years. Blood clots can also block the arteries that supply oxygen rich blood to the heart. These can eventually lead to strokes and heart attacks.
Some warning signs that you may be at risk of heart blockage:
- Have you had a mild stroke: Plaque that accumulates in the carotid artery supplying oxygen rich blood to the brain can cause a stroke. People who have had strokes are more prone to heart attacks.
- Do you often feel fatigue and dizziness: Reduced oxygen from poor circulation and blood flow can result in fatigue and tiredness as well as dizziness.
- Experiencing shortness of breath: Poor blood flow can lead to shortness of breath from even mild forms of exercise or even from carrying out daily chores or walking.
- Sudden chest pain: Chest pain or angina result from reduced supply of blood to the heart. It can be felt as pressure, tightness in the chest, squeezing in the chest, numbness or burning.
- Unexplained lower back pain: This can result from pressure in the spine as a result of pinched nerves due to compressed vertebrae discs as a result of poor blood flow.
- Erectile dysfunction in men: If an erection becomes difficult or impossible, it could be a warning sign of clogged arteries. These arteries supply blood to the pelvis area and help achieve an erection.
- Calf pain: Blocked leg arteries can cause calf pain, especially in smokers . THis is an early sign of possible heart blocks.
- Painful, numb and cold hands and feet: Plaque build up in the arteries of the extremities can cause numbness and coldness in the hands and feet.
Remember early detection is the key to prevent or delay heart attacks. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.