Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. T K Kohli
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. T K KohliYour feedback matters!
Hi, my wife is in her 9th month of pregnancy. I want to know is it worth going for baby stem call? The cost is high and I do not have any idea about the stem cell. Is it really as useful as they say? Will I do a big mistake if I do not opt for it?
Eggs are a common food, which are also incredibly nutritious as well. There are a number of important nutrients in it including vitamins A, B2, B5, B6, B12, D, E and K as well as folate, phosphorous, selenium, calcium and zinc. All of these are contained within just one boiled egg, which also contains 6 grams of protein as well as 5 grams of healthy fats. Not only do you get all of these nutrients with just one boiled egg, it's calorie count is pretty healthy as well.
Here are the health benefits which all of these nutrients give:
- Eggs do not raise blood cholesterol: It is true that when you eat eggs, cholesterol enters your body. However, eggs also give a signal for the liver to stop producing the cholesterol it usually produces. The increase in the intake of cholesterol compensates for the decrease in the cholesterol produced by the liver and therefore keeps the blood cholesterol levels constant.
- Eggs have choline: Choline is an incredibly important nutrient for your body. This is because it helps build cell membranes and is also crucial when it comes to the production of certain signalling molecules in the brain. A single egg has about 100 milligrams of this nutrient and therefore is one of the best sources of it.
- Eggs are good for your eye: Eggs have two very important nutrients for your eyes. These are Lutein and Zeaxanthin. These nutrients stop degenerative processes from occurring in the eye.
- Eggs have high levels of Omega-3 fatty acids: Eggs that are boiled have a high level of Omega-3 fatty acids in them. Omega-3 fatty acids are crucial for reducing the chances of you suffering from heart disease due to the fact that it reduces your triglyceride levels.
- Eggs are an excellent source of protein: This is the biggest reason to eat eggs. Eating eggs helps you to lose weight, optimizing bone health and lowering blood pressure.
- Egg may reduce the risk of stroke: Studies have shown that eggs are not only good for your heart, but they also reduce the likelihood of suffering from a stroke. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Dear sir, I am a girl of age 20, height 5'7" and weight 68 kg. I get my monthly periods often earlier 3-4 days every month now I want to ask you is it any problem and one more thing is that White fluid comes out of my vagina everyday in small quantity, Does it harm me?
My wife was detected cyst on left ovary. On 04.09.14 her left ovary was removed along with uterus. After that she had been suffering from acute acidity with sleeplessness. Medicine prescribed Pantacid DSR and Jolfresh 5 mg. Even after taken medicine for last one & half month still sleeplessness continue. She becomes restless or morose throughout the days. Please guide. Path test noted cyst benign.
Hi, I am female aged 28 years. My periods are pretty regular with a 29-day cycle.(99%accurately). But I have been observing since a year that in the month we do the intercourse (try to conceive), my period would be delayed by 2-3 days. In the months we don't, the periods are pretty much regular. Does this mean that I am being conceived and unable to sustain that and thus resulting in a period at last? I could feel the ovulation spotting in the months we did the intercourse and we are very accurately trying for the same around those days. What can help me to sustain the formed pregnancy?
Hi. I had bought a nebulizer and its medicine (sodium chloride and asthalin). The dosage of the medicine was written in the nebulizer handbook that I lost. I have searched on Google and haven't found what amount of sodium chloride and what amount of asthalin am I supposed to used.
I had tubactomy one year back n my period is regular nw this month only I have less period only 2 3 drops my husband live with only 2 days before my period. please why it's happening it never happen before. I check by scan not have pco not have a thyroid then.
Not everyone can conceive a baby easily. The inability to conceive a baby despite having intercourse during the fertile window in a woman’s menstrual cycle for over a year is termed as infertility. Infertility does not affect only the physical health of a woman, but also her mental and emotional well-being as well as the couple’s social health.
In some cases, infertility can be treated with Ayurveda. According to Ayurveda, a couple needs to be both physically and mentally strong and healthy. Ayurveda believes that a lack of nutrition in the shukra dhatu or the person’s reproductive tissue is the cause of infertility. This can be triggered by indigestion, anxiety, depression, insomnia and the presence of toxins in the body. Some of the ways Ayurveda can be used to treat infertility are as follows:
- Eat cool foods: Spicy food can affect the quality of shukra dhatu and lower the quality and quantity of both sperm and ovum. This is because shukra dhatu requires a cool environment to promote fertility. Hence, eat food that is easy to digest and which has a cooling effect on the body. Men can benefit from foods like asparagus, dates and almonds, while foods like quinoa and pineapples can help a woman conceive easily.
- Shirodhara therapy: Shirodhara involves the movement of liquid over the forehead in a rhythmic manner at specific points. This stimulates the hypothalamus, pituitary and pineal glands and aids in the secretion of hormones including follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH). When it comes to women, FSH stimulates the ovarian follicles into releasing an egg without which it would be impossible to conceive a child.
- Fight stress: One of the effects of stress is reduced libido. Prolonged exposure to stress is often a major factor that contributes to infertility. When it comes to women, stress makes a woman ovulate less regularly. In men, stress can affect the sperm production and affect testosterone levels. To fight stress, try deep breathing exercises like alom vilom or keep a little time aside each morning for a walk or light exercise.
- Lodhra: This herb is very beneficial in treating women with infertility. It stimulates FSH and luteinising hormones (LH) and lowers the risk of a miscarriage. It also increases chances of conception. Lodhra should be taken twice a day along with honey and milk.
- Lifestyle changes: Ayurveda is not only about herbal medicines but also following the right lifestyle. Bad habits like smoking, drug usage and alcohol not only affect a person’s overall health but also interfere with fertility. Hence, when trying to conceive a child, quit these bad habits and try following a healthier lifestyle that involves following a routine, eating right and exercising regularly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
For healthy sex life hypertension must be in well controlled & for that regular medical check-up by qualified doctor is must. many patients don't take care for regular monitoring, once blood pressure is in good control. good healthy lifestyle is very very important.