Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. T A KhanYour feedback matters!
Hello sir I have a habit of chuing gutkha. So my mouth not opening fully any medicines for this problem. Please tell me how to solve my problem.
Hello, l am 21 year old, recently i've treated with rootcanal and crowning (zirconia) for front teeth. And now I am facing cold sensitivity while drinking water. So please suggest me. What should I do?
Hello Sir. Mere Teeth main se Kabhi Kabhi Blood Nikalta hai. , Please uske Liye mujhe Koi Treatment Batayen jisse meri ye Problem Solve ho sake ,
We have put together a list of 25 tips for good oral health, to keep you smiling throughout.
We will be sending you one tip a day. Here comes the first one
1. Clean in between your teeth using interdental brushes or floss. This will help to clean a higher portion of tooth and prevent buildup of plaque.
Dear Sir I am suffering from bleeding from teeth last 1 year and pain what to do please tell me. Thanks.
Here are few myths and common queries that our patients ask us regarding mouthwashes:
1. All mouthwashes are equal:
Mouthwashes can be classified as cosmetic and therapeutic. Rinsing with cosmetic mouthwash will loosen bits of food from your teeth, lessen bacteria in mouth, temporarily reduce bad breath and leave a refreshing taste in your mouth. These products can't make a greater claim than that. Therapeutic mouthwashes contains active ingredients like chlorhexidine, fluorides, cetylperidinium etc, which have proven active against fighting plaque and bacteria (s) in mouth for longer duration.
2. Mouthwash is harmless:
Many mouthwashes contains high amount of alcohol which may cause dry mouth and ironically in turn causing bad breath. Alcohol free mouthwashes are also available. Active ingredients like chlorhexidine causes temproary altered taste in mouth and is not recommended to be used for longer duration.
3. Mouthwash cures bad breath:
Mouthwashes temporarily curtains bad breath. Causes of bad breath are variable and should be accessed before unjustified use of mouthwashes.
4. Mouthwash can replace brushing:
Mouthwash acts as an add-on, not replacement for brushing and flossing. Use of mouthwash in conjunction with brushing and flossing will improve overall personal oral hygiene.
5. A little swish will do:
Generally we swish mouthwash in a few seconds because of its bitter taste or lack of knowledge. Mouthwash should be diluted as per the instructions given by the manufacturer and should be swished vigorously for 30 seconds.
My mother is 46 years old and she is suffering from too much tooth pain. She is facing the problem of sensitivity .it's like diet me jhanjhanahat and face pain during eating too. please help.
Sir, my age is only 18 and my hair is becoming white almost what I have to do, my teeth is become yellow even after proper brushing what I have to do now.
It often happens that one or more tender areas inside your mouth make eating, drinking or talking painful. They might deprive you of a spicy meal or of the pleasure of drinking a cup of hot chocolate. Little sores (know more about the mouth sores) that come in the way of your otherwise content life are mouth ulcers. Mouth ulcers are white or yellow open sores with an itchy red ring around them. They can appear on your lips, at the base of gums, on the soft palate, at the sides of your tongue and in the hollows of your cheeks.
They are formed on non keratinized mouth tissues and can create a constant burning sensation. Ayurveda focuses to improve a person's health through a diet regime, the use of herbal compounds and through the implementation of health practices which are mostly unheard of. This traditional branch of medicine can prove to be very effective if tried out under the supervision of a reliable practitioner. It is because of its usefulness, governments of several countries across the world endorse researches in the field of Ayurvedic medicine.
Take care of mouth ulcers in the following ways:
- Use a decoction of leaves: It is good to gargle with the liquor of a few kinds of leaves; certain leaves can relieve you of the burning sensation. Leaves of the guava tree or mehendi and aamla leaves can be boiled in combination with alum to extract a thick decoction. Washing your mouth repeatedly with this decoction will help you to treat ulcers.
- Remedy constipation: Constipation (know more, how to get relief from constipation) has been steadily associated with mouth ulcers. To remedy this problem one can take Triphala Choorna.
- Avoid anything piquant: Compromise on taste and turn away from hot and spicy food. Not having anything hot and peppery results in immediate relief. Tea, coffee, curd, pickles and even tobacco or alcohol should not be consumed during this period.
- Try Licorice: Chewing a piece of licorice can help you in getting rid of oral ulcers. Licorice is known to counter any kind of mouth decay. It also benefits the health of your teeth. When this is boiled in water, you can sip on to the resultant sweet drink and almost forget pain.
- Try Chebulic myrobalan: Chebulic myrobalan needs to be consumed in its powdered form. You can add honey to soften the powder. Use of this compound will surprise you with is effects.
- You may apply Irimedadi taila: Direct application of this oil on the ulcers can be of great use.