Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Syed Monajatur RahmanYour feedback matters!
My wife not co-operating to have sex. How to encourage her to have sex with me. Please help me. Am 55 years. She is 45 years. Hope you give me good advice.
Wife had miscarriage recently. Blood group of wife is o-ve. My blood group is b-ve. Does my wife need to take any injection or meditation for conceiving? After how many months should we try for pregnancy? And after how many days should we start doing sex, and if after next period should we start sex then should we use condom or wat? After miscarriage, the foods was removed via tablets.
My wife takes freedom 5 IUDfor avoiding pregnancy for 5 years. Now she has a little bit of bleeding after the insertion of that IUD. Is it safe as the direction was that there will be little bleeding for some days? Or it is the better option for avoiding pregnancy while having unprotected sex?
Contrary to what most girls have been led to believe about the hymen being a flat tissue that covers the vagina and is ripped during penetrative intercourse, the truth is that hymen is a fringe of tissue around the vaginal opening. It is not an intact tissue draping across the vaginal wall because without any outlet for the menstrual blood, girls would get periods only after they lose their virginity. (Know more about Irregular Periods)
Here are a few mind-boggling facts about the hymen.
- Just like labia, every woman's hymen varies in color, size and shapes.
- It is elastic and stretchy in most cases. Vaginal delivery makes the hymen less visible by smoothening and stretching it.
- Despite popular belief, the pain women experience when they have sex for the first time is not due to your hymen breaking, but because your vaginal muscles are too tense and/or you're going at it too rough and fast without adequate lubrication.
- Simple exercises such as walking, riding bicycles, doing splits as well as horseback riding may rip your hymen long before you have had intercourse.
- Hymens should not be perceived as the indicator of sexual activity because they are extremely stretchy and stay with you your entire life. Even sexually active people have hymens.
- If you do not resort to any sexual activity (including penetration during masturbation), the hymen returns to its default position in your vulva.
- Very few women have an imperforate hymen in which the opening is too small for penetration whether by tampons, fingers, sex toys or an erect penis. A simple surgery needs to be conducted in such a case where parts of the hymen are snipped away.
- There is a growth in hymenoplasty, also known as hymen reconstruction surgery, in the past few years because hymen is viewed as an indicator of virginity and there have been cases of annulment, public humiliation, torture and even death because they believe that the hymen is not intact due to sexual activity; therefore making hymenoplasty an effective solution.
- Although, not an indicator of the amount of sexual activities performed, one must seek immediate medical attention after being sexually assaulted because it can be examined to prove sexual abuse. (Learn more about Sexual Activity Affects Vaginal Health)
Vulvodynia refers to a condition, in which you have chronic pain near your vaginal opening. This area is known as the vulva. Vulvodynia is an extremely painful condition, which also causes a lot of irritation and burning in the vulva. There is no known cause of vulvodynia and it has been said that vulvodynia can go on for months or even years. It is such a painful condition that having sex or even sitting down for extended periods will be troublesome for you.
Here is everything you need to know about Vulvodynia.
There is only one symptom of vulvodynia and that is when there is pain in your genital area. However, the type of pain you experience may be characterized by burning, stinging or itching among other sensations.
The cause of vulvodynia is not yet known. However, there are certain factors, which increase the risk of contracting vulvodynia. Here are the factors.
- Injury or irritation to the nerves around the vulva.
- Vaginal infections
- Sensitive skin
- Changes in hormone levels
Vulvodynia itself cannot be cured, only the symptoms of vulvodynia can be relieved. Relieving symptoms is not a very quick process either as it takes weeks and sometimes even months for the symptoms to
improve. Some of the treatments which can be used to treat vulvodynia include.
- Medicines: Certain medicines relieve the symptoms, which vulvodynia causes. These medicines include steroids and anticonvulsants so that your pain will be reduced. Antihistamines are known to reduce itching.
- Surgery: When vulvodynia is localized to a particular area, surgery can be used to remove the skin and tissue of the area which has been affected by vulvodynia.
- Anesthetics: Local anesthetics can be given so that your pain is reduced for a short while. A good time to apply local anesthetics would be 30 minutes before having sexual intercourse. This is because most local anesthetics used to treat vulvodynia come in the form of ointments. If your partner comes in contact with this ointment, then he will also be feeling numb.
- Pelvic floor therapy: Many times, vulvodynia is caused by the tension in the muscles of the pelvic floor. Exercises to relieve those muscles often ease the pain caused by vulvodynia.
Related Tip: "Causes and Symptoms of Vulvodynia"
Me and my boyfriend had sex he used condoms, but it was my first time and after 4 days I puked and the previous meal I had was chaat is it cause of the meal or the sex? Am I pregnant now?
While making love is much more than getting a climax, it is one of the most pleasurable moments a man or a woman can feel. However, for many women, climaxing or achieving orgasms isn’t as easy as for men. In fact a significant number of women haven’t been able to achieve orgasm even once due to a variety of factors. Even women who want to orgasm face difficulty in achieving orgasms on a regular basis.
Here are some tips to help if you are one of these women.
- Attentiveness towards one’s own body: Women are often raised to be very conscious about their bodies and sexuality in general. This affects their view of sexuality even when they are in a committed loving relationship. Hence, many women are unable to communicate with their partners openly about their needs. It is important that you indulge in masturbation or some forms of self pleasure to understand what your body responds to and then be able to communicate it to your partner.
- Foreplay is king: This is a major part often missed by the partners of women who are unable to orgasm. Foreplay helps the woman get aroused; longer the foreplay, longer the arousal. A longer arousal will help you in being lubricated better, which will decrease painful sensations and will help achieve orgasms. It is also important that you talk to your partner and ensure that you have enough foreplay.
- Stimulation of the clitoris: While there is debate within the medical circles about the efficacy of various types of orgasms such as vaginal or pelvic orgasms; most women do feel clitoral orgasms as it is one of the most easily stimulated areas with thousands of nerve endings. Thus, you should ask your partner to rub, touch, or lick your clitoral region as this is one area where achieving orgasms would be easier than other parts of the genitals as well as a whole body orgasm.
- Variety is the essence of love making: Women tend to be able to orgasm with a variety of activities rather than one type of sexual act. It is thus, important for you to tell your partner the various things that you may be interested in trying out. If you can try out multiple positions and techniques, it will increase your chances of being able to orgasm.
- Take the help of toys and lube: Lubrication in the form of commercially available lubes as well as sex toys can help you achieve orgasm much quicker and it would be a good idea to include them in while making love. You can also go solo with these sex toys to achieve orgasm during masturbation as this would help in achieving orgasms even during sex with a partner.
We are married for 4 years now, We have not been able to have sex, She is not having the feeling of having sex, she is not at all interested on having sex. When I tried to make her in mood she is not responding and she gets irritated and get angry and then I completely get disappointed and leave it. She is having the fear of the vaginal opening the pain she is not at all ready to have sex bcoz of that. She get angry and start behaving very wild. So I have tried to apply the gel also she she is not having the feeling to respond to the same. Due to which I am totally disturb and not at all happy with my married life. I would like you to help or advise me in this situation how should I react and also I want her to have get her behaviour change and she should enjoy to have sex with no fear in her mind. Also I would like to how can open her vaginal opening without having her pain bcoz of that she is getting and behaving wild and I am able to have a enjoyable sex. I stay in pune. Or suggest a lady doctor (sexologist or gynecologist) can openly speak to her and try to remove her fear. So I can have my happy married and sex life.
Mera period ka date chala gaya hai 15 din ho chuka hai avi tak hua nahi hai. 1 month pahale sex kia tha lekin jis karan se problem ho sakta hai aisa kuch nahi hua tha. Mujhe bohut tension ho raha hai kya karna chahiye avi. Please help kijiye.
I am thirty four year woman and I gave birth to 1 child when i was twenty two through normal delivery. My problem is whenever I excite or cough or sneeze or run I get my urine leaked. Will you please help why is it so and what is the remedy ?
My vagina. Area is all swollen up. And is dry. And itching alot. It is secreting mucus every 30 min and which cases me itching and pain. Also my urine is extremely hot. And which causes me extra pain. As. My mom told me I applied boro plus and after they it was horrible pain and it was almost burning .Please help me. Due to urgent office meetings lined up this week I am not able visit doctor.
I am 26 year old female. My period is due. My husband fingered me and I bled. Also after sex I bleed. It feels like my period is on but there is no blood. I was diagnosed with an ovarian cyst earlier this year. But after taking birth control pills for a month that was ruled out. M worried.
I'm four months pregnant. Can I sit folding my legs? I feel comfortable in that way .N I'm feeling comfortable turning left side n sleeping. Is that ok? Can I drink filtered coffee?
Respected doctors. I am pregnant with 7 mnth but I can not able to sleep comfortable. When I sleep it on left or right side very severe pain start on my leg n back so why is happening with me .i m really afraid I can not able to walk becoz of this pain.
Had periods on 15th june and had unprotected sex on 26th june I think his sperm were inside my vagina took ipill within 24-hrs I do not want to be pregnant please do reply.
I am 10 th week pregnant. Can I take supplements of amway if yes then wht kind of tablets can I take.
Healing benefits of saffron
The benefits and medicinal properties of this highly priced spice, make it a valuable culinary ingredient worldwide. Modern research suggests that saffron can be used as an aphrodisiac, diaphoretic [to cause sweating], carminative [ to prevent gas] and to bring on mensuration. Some other benefits are mentioned hereunder:
1. Protects against cancer: saffron contains a dark orange, water soluble carotene called crocin, which is responsible for much of saffron's golden color. Crocin has been found to trigger apoptosis [ programmed cell death] in a number of different types of human cancer cells, leukemia, ovarian carcinoma, colon adenocarcinoma, and soft tissue sarcoma. Researchers in mexico who have been studying saffron extract have discovered that saffron and its active components display an ability to inhibit human malignant cells. Not only does the spice inhibit cells that have become cancerous, but it has no such effect on normal cells and actually stimulates their formation and that of lymphocytes [immune cells that help destroy cancer cells].
2. Promotes learning and memory retention: recent studies have also demonstrated that saffron extract, specifically its crocin, is useful in the treatment of age related mental impairment. In japan, saffron is encapsulated and used in the treatment of parkinson’s disease, memory loss and inflammation.
3. In delayed puberty: in under developed girls, saffron has an overall stimulant effect. A pinch of saffron crushed in a table spoon of milk is useful to stimulate hormones and bring about desired effect.
4. To increase vitality: in low libido saffron aids as a sexual stimulant and can be consumed in a dose of a pinch in a glass of milk at bed time.
5. In patchy baldness: saffron mixed in liquorice and milk makes an effective topical application to induce hair growth in alopecia.
6. Protection against cold: saffron is a stimulant tonic and very effective to treat cold and fever; saffron mixed in milk and applied over the forehead quickly relieves cold.
7. Food additives: saffron is an excellent replacement for synthetic food additives- for eg: instead of fd and c yellow no 5: a synthetic food coloring agent that is a very common allergy trigger, saffron’s glorious yellow could be an acceptable hypoallergenic choice.
With these benefits known to us, this culinary treasure has to be used and especially in the winter months. Here are some serving ideas:
1. For a wonderful marinade for fish, add saffron threads, garlic and thyme to vinegar.
2. Use saffron to give cakes, pastries and cookies a buttery golden hue and a rich aroma.
3. Cook biryanis with saffron combined with cloves, cinnamon, indian bay leaves and nutmeg for a memorable treat.
4. Crush a tiny piece of saffron into a glass of champagne or sparkling apple cider and turn the drink into a golden elixir.
5. Coffee spiced with saffron and cardamom is a soothing and heart healthy drink.
6. Add saffron and cinnamon to whole milk or yogurt and honey for a simple version of the famous indian yogurt drink, lassi.
Saffron as a spice, is generally regarded as safe, however it is not recommended during pregnancy and nursing. It also must also be pointed that large doses i. E. More than 1 or 2 table spoons can be toxic, although saffron poisoning is very rare.