New Delhi-based Neurologist Dr. Sweta Singla has 14 years of experience as a Behavioural Neurologist, Headache specialist and Somnologist (Sleep specialist). She holds an MBBS degree from the University of Medical Sciences, Delhi, MD from Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi and DM in neurology from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. She is professionally associated with many medical consortiums like Movement Disorder Society, American Academy of Neurology, Indian Sleep Disorder Society and International Headache Society.
Currently she is working with Kalpavriksh Super speciality Centre, from MON-SAT 09:00 AM - 10:00 AM and 05:00 PM - 08:00 PM and also with Metro Hospital & Heart Institute on MON, WED, FRI between 10:30 AM and 11:30 AM. She offers her medical services such as Electroconvulsive Therapy Treatment, Radiofrequency Neurotomy procedure, Surgery of facial nerves, Brain suite treatment, Brain tumour surgery, Cerebrovascular surgery, Cerebrovascular surgery, Csf Rhinorrhoea repair procedure etc.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sweta Singla
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sweta SinglaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
. Sweta Singla has a very positive attitude towards all the patients. Our family physician personally recommended Sweta Singla for my brain suite. I must say the hygiene was maintained very nicely in the Kalpavriksh Superspeciality Centerthe lab in the Kalpavriksh Superspeciality Center was very clean and well managed. Sweta Singla guidance has helped me immensely and has helped gain confidence. Sweta Singla has in depth knowledge and ensures that she explains the problem in detail.
It was nice experience with Shweta mam... She was not into earning money by different tests and all.She read psychology of Patient
She is very good doctor,
I was having this neurological problems, but the symptoms were not very visible. I am so much benefitted with her treatment, that i am perfectly fine now. Even though there was a long queue, still the staff was very pleasant. One of my cousin's referred to Sweta Singla. Even though it's been more than a year, still if I sometimes feel pain and call her, and Sweta Singla still takes my call in case of any emergency. It was amazing, the Kalpavriksh Superspeciality Centerl was so nicely made. Sweta Singla is really like god send person. Almost all doctors suggested surgery for it, but I did not wanted to go for it for my neurological problems. In order to diagnose my problem completely she asked me a number of questions.
My previous experiences were not so good, but Dr Singla has completely changed my opinion as she is very helpful and humble. The Kalpavriksh Center have proper facilities for disabled patients as well. Thanks to her I am much better now. Due to my paralysis my daily activities were suffering. A friend of mine referred to her for treatment . I was quite impressed with her concept of holistic healing.
As someone I knew, consulted Dr Sweta Singla and they referred us as I was suffering from acute headache. Finally with her treatment, I am completely cured from the disease. Sweta Singla has a broad knowledge in the field of Neurologist. The staff was very attentive to my needs. During the treatment, she supported me a lot. She is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts.
I have consulted so many doctors but nobody till now was able to understand my concern properly, until i consulted Dr Sweta. Thanks to her for giving the best suitable tremor treatment. During the treatment, she supported me a lot. I am perfectly fine after her treatment.
Kanagasabapathy K A
Doctor was very patient to get holistic view from patient. logical approach towards the problem. Open , objective to support patient. Will go to places as she moves on. God bless
I consulted Dr Sweta for dementia of my mother. I am really impressed with the way she went about diagnosis and analysis of my mother's problem
it so mind relaxing she was very kind and very clear with the explanation I was happy that I was able to meet her
Very helpful advise ,according treat . I m deeply thankful to doc
The word epilepsy brings to mind visions of people frothing at the mouth and rolling on the ground. However, epilepsy affects each patient in a different way. This can make it hard to recognize at times. In the more serious cases of epilepsy, an epileptic attack can make a patient injure himself or develop other life threatening conditions. In rare cases, epilepsy can even cause death. Thus it becomes imperative to understand how to deal with epilepsy.
Treatment options for epilepsy can be categorized as medication, surgical procedures and dietary changes.
Medication for epilepsy is prescribed on the basis of the symptoms presented and the type of epilepsy the patient is suffering from. In most cases, seizures can be controlled with a single type of medication, but in others, the doctor may need to prescribe a combination of medicines to control epilepsy. These forms of medication do have side effects and hence any reactions to the medication must be immediately brought to the doctor's notice. The dosage for epilepsy medication may need to be varied with time. An epileptic patient should never discontinue medication on their own.
Depending on the type of seizures and the area of the brain affected, a doctor may advise surgery in cases of severe epilepsy. Surgery can help reduce the number of seizures experienced or completely stop them. Surgery to treat epilepsy is of many types. Some of the common procedures are:
1. Surgery to remove tumor of any such conditions that may be triggering the epileptic attacks
2. Surgery to remove a small section of the brain from where a seizure originates. This may also be referred to as a lobectomy.
3. Multiple subpial transaction or a surgery that involves making a series of cuts in the brain to prevent the seizures from spreading to other parts of the brain.
4. Surgery to sever the neural connections between the right and left hemispheres of the brain.
5. Surgery to remove half the brain's cortex or outer layer
A diet rich in fats and low in carbohydrates can help reduce seizures. This is known as a ketogenic diet and aims at making the body break down fats instead of carbohydrates. It can cause a buildup of uric acid in the body and thus should be practiced only under the guidance of a dietician. In cases where epileptic attacks are triggered by malnutrition and birth defects, taking vitamin supplements can help lower the frequency of seizures.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Migraine is a type of headache and is characterized by headache on one side of the head. In many cases of migraine, the pain is experienced all over the head and not just on one side. The pain is throbbing in nature. Migraine is mostly caused due to excess stress. Going out in the sun, improper sleep, exposure to loud noise and disruption in eating patterns are other common causes, which lead to migraine. Homeopathic medicines are widely used for treating migraine headaches and provide an effective remedy.
Here are some homeopathic medicines used for curing migraines of different types:
- Belladonna: This is the best homeopathic medicine for migraine which is accompanied by intense throbbing headache. A sense of fullness is also felt in the head, and the headache worsens when exposed to sunlight. Belladonna is also used for migraines developed due to exposure to cold air or catching a cold.
- Glonoinum: This form of homeopathic medicine is used for migraines where there is an excessive congestion in the head. The patient might feel that the head would burst, and it seems to be bigger. Heat is felt around the head, and the eyeballs get protruded. Glonoinum is also used to treat migraines, which occur because of long exposure to the sun.
- Spigelia: This medicine is very effective for curing migraines felt on the left side of the head or left-sided migraine. The headache is usually located over the left temporal area of the head, forehead and eyes. The patient may have the sensation of a tight band being tied around their head.
- Sanguinaria Canadensis: This is a perfect homeopathic medicine for treating right sided migraines where the pain and throbbing are felt on the right side of the head. The pain usually starts from the back of the head and settles over the right eye, affecting the entire right side of the head. The medicine is also prescribed in case of headaches, which occur during the morning and increase during the day. Migraines in women after menopause are also cured by this medicine.
- Iris Versicolor: This is an effective homeopathic medicine for treating migraine where intense nausea, vomiting and acidity are observed. The vomiting is acidic, sour and bitter in taste and a burning sensation in the alimentary canal is also felt.
- Nux Vomica: In case of migraines characterized by gastric problems, this medicine is used. It provides an effective cure for migraines, which occur due to indigestion, constipation and piles. When the migraine worsens after intake of spicy food or alcohol, this medicine provides quick treatment.
Homeopathic medicines are very efficient for curing migraine headaches and there are medicines for all types of migraines occurring due to different causes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.