Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sweta MittalYour feedback matters!
I am 32 years old pregnant lady &completed 7 month on 21 june 15. At the time miner bleeding occur. My playcentta low throw 3 month pregnancy. Suggest me precaution &urgent medicine in that condition please.
Winters can often be gloomy, which is why the Spring Equinox comes as good news for those counting the days until warmer weather. It is the time when equator passes through the center of the sun and the days become longer. The spring equinox does not only mark as the beginning of the spring, but has great influence over our health.
- On an average, we need 8-10 glasses of water a day to stay hydrated. This helps ensure proper blood circulation that takes nutrients to all the calls of the body, aids digestion, maintains proper functioning of the heart and brain and helps remove toxins from the body. Drinking water also helps improve metabolism and can, therefore, help you manage your weight. However, sometimes, you need to drink more water. The spring equinox is one such time of the year when the body needs more water.
- The equinox refers to the passing of the earth’s equator plane through the centre of the sun. There are two equinoxes in a year; once in march and once in September. On an equinox, the length of the day and night is almost equal. The equinox in March is known as the Spring Equinox or Vernal Equinox and occurs typically around the March 20. This marks the end of winter and the beginning of spring in the Northern Hemisphere.
- For a few days before and after the equinox along with the day of the equinox, the sun is directly overhead and very strong. Thus, it is essential to drink a lot of water and stay indoors as far as possible. If you must go out during the day, carry an umbrella or wear a car. The strength of the sun’s rays can dehydrate the body very fast causing nausea, heat strokes and blackouts. In addition, the heat can also make you sweat excessively thereby increasing the amount of water expelled from your body. An easy way to check your body’s hydrated levels is to check your urine. A pale yellow, straw-like colour indicates good hydration while a darker yellow means that your body is dehydrated.
- While drinking water is important, drinking water the right way is equally important. Drinking a bottle of water at once may give you the impression that you have drunk enough water, but in reality, the body cannot absorb so much water at one time. Instead, you should space out your water intake and drink throughout the day. Juices, soft drinks, tea, coffee etc cannot be used as a substitute for water. The caffeine in tea and coffee can actually dehydrate your body further and hence should be avoided at this time. If plain water does not sound appealing to you, you could infuse it with herbs like basil or fruits and vegetables like strawberries, oranges, lemons and cucumbers to add flavour.
Washing your face often and showering twice a day can also help hydrate your skin and cool you down. Alternatively, you could fill a spray bottle with water and spritz yourself from time to time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
My wife left breast slightly bigger than left. She haven't any pain or problem in breast. What is reason of different breast? Is it normal?
Female infertility is not really a rare condition, it happens to one out of six couples. Infertility is a condition in which a woman is unable to conceive despite efforts. There can be a number of causes for female infertility, including problems with ovulation, uterus, fallopian tubes or ovaries. Age can also be a contributing factor to infertility. Following are the reasons that might be responsible for female infertility
- Ovulatory problems
- Cysts in the ovaries
- Hormonal imbalance
- Excessive alcohol or drug usage
- Eating disorders like bulimia or anorexia
- Excessive weight
- Enormous stress and pressure
- Thyroid gland issues
- Very brief menstrual cycles
- Damage of organs of reproductive system
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Scar tissues or adhesions of some sort
- Presence of polyps in the uterus
- A previous serious infection in the fallopian tubes or uterus
- Chronic medical illness relating to the reproductive system
- A previous ectopic pregnancy
- A birth defect in the uterus or fallopian tube
- The DES syndrome where in the infertility can occur to the offspring due to the medication DES is given to a mother in order to prevent miscarriage or premature of the child.
- Abnormal presence of cervical mucus can make it more difficult for sperms to reach the egg.
Now that the part about the causes has been discussed, it is essential to discuss the treatment. Are there really ways to reverse infertility in women to make them fertile? Well, in some chronic cases it is not possible; however, some are treatable by the following methods:
- In the case of hormone imbalance or endometriosis or short menstrual cycles, hormones are taken to treat the problems.
- Medications can be taken to stimulate ovulations.
- Fertility enhancing supplements can be used.
- In case of infection in any of the reproductive parts, antibiotics can be taken to remove them
- In order to remove blockage or scar tissues from the uterus, fallopian tube or pelvic area, minor surgeries can be performed.
Yes, there are some tips for prevention of infertility
- Taking all the steps required to avoid sexually transmitted diseases.
- Avoid intake of illicit drugs
- Having regular checkups with the gynaecologist
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- Exercising regularly
- Having a healthy sexual relationship
This article is a short walkthrough on female infertility and answers most of the commonly asked questions. In case you have further questions, you can always consult a medical practitioner near you.
Hello doctor I have not got my menstrual cycle since last 6 weeks and I had undergone pregnancy test also it was negative please suggest me proper remedies Thank you.
My wife she is 48 years now. She is complaining of severe pain in her Right side Breast. Also she is going through mane pause. What is the reason & to whom shall I take her for check up.
How long I have to take below medicines: Pulsatilla 30-6 pills, thrice. Sepia200 -6 pills, at bed time Also, do I need to stop taking these medicines during menstruation?
I am 21 years old female, My partner is 26 years old, I am suffering from timing problem for all night my husband time is below one minute but my satisfaction time is minimum three minute, please help me which medicine i should start or how to increase my partner time or how to decrease my time please help me I need good suggestion.
Vaginal issues are usually connected with anomalies when it comes to discharge and even hormonal imbalances. A lot of ladies experience irregular vaginal bleeding or spotting between periods at some point in their lives. However, the periods might at times be irregular. Sometimes the bleeding is irregular and can occur at any age. Abnormal vaginal bleeding outside your menstrual cycle is called metrorrhagia and should be reported to a doctor immediately. In case it is accompanied by light-headedness, extreme pain or fever, urgent medical intervention might be needed. The bleeding is said to be abnormal when you are suffering from:
- Unexpected periods
- When your menstrual flow is lighter or heavier than usual
- When it is not expected like before age 9, when you are pregnant, or after menopause
Causes: Some of the most common causes for this abnormal bleeding could be:
- A growth in the uterus or cervix
- Medication change
- Premature delivery
- Vaginal dryness
- Hormone imbalance
- Polycystic ovary disorder (PCOS) , a hormonal imbalance.
- Contraceptive pills
- Possible pregnancy
Medical Help: Since abnormal bleeding could be a cause for concern, one must consult a doctor. Neglecting to see a specialist can worsen the problem. There is no home treatment for unusual vaginal bleeding. The treatment might depend on a number of factors. It includes the cause of bleeding, your age and whether you have children. Most of the women can be easily treated with medication while some of them might need surgical attention. With a few types of vaginal bleeding, it might be all right to hold up to check whether the draining stops or not. Check your symptoms to choose if you need to see a specialist.
Medication: Medicines for treatment of abnormal vaginal bleeding depend upon the cause. Some of the treatments are as follows:
- In case the reason for the bleeding is absence of ovulation (anovulation), specialists may prescribe progesterone.
- In the event that the reason for the bleeding is a precancerous or change in the coating of the uterus, progesterone medicines are prescribed.
- In case the reason is polyps or other kinds of growth, they are then removed surgically.
- In these cases, oral contraceptives can enhance cycle control and diminish dying.
- If the bleeding is excessive and cannot be controlled by any medicines, a surgical called dilation and curettage (D&C) might be vital.
- A hysterectomy is required when hormonal drugs can't control excessive bleeding.
A patient needs to make sure that only a professional should prescribe the medicines. One should not take over-the-counter medicines.
I had unprotected sex with my girl friend but every time when we started I cleaned my pennis with a towel. We did it continuously 6 times. But I never left sperm inside her. So can she get pregnant?
It has been over six months since I got married but still the act of sex doesn't feel complete and I lack stamina for continuing it long. Please suggest suitable foreplay techniques for a successful and complete experience. We are planning for a baby and in need of advice in this regard. Kindly help.
If you have a high metabolism, be intentional with your caloric intake to conquer your fast metabolism and putting on weight quickly.