Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Sweety BhatnagarYour feedback matters!
I brush my teeth twice a day but still my mouth smells badly after a gap of six hours. Please suggest something?
I am looking for a good dentist. My son who is 3.5 years old, has carries in front teeth. Is that curable?
I have huge pain in my teeth and my gums are bleeding so what should I do in that case. Consult me a good advice for my problem.
It is recommended to use a rinse with anti-plaque properties. It helps to reduce the amount of plaque mass in your mouth at any one time. Your best bet is a rinse that contains chlorhexidine. Since such products are only available by prescription, you should ask your dentist whether one would be right for you. Some over-the-counter rinses such as Listerine has been shown to be effective in preventing plaque buildup, but they don’t work as well as those with chlorhexidine.
My 21 month daughter have bottle tooth decay in front four teeth. Cavity is growing very fast. What should I do for her. I am so worried.
I have a certain issue with my jaw bone. I just had my molar teeth and to reduce the irritation, I kept playing with my tongue and push the molar teeth. After few days, I started experiencing a bit of pain on the other side of my jaw bone. I first thought it maybe due to a TMJ issue but as it turns out, it is not. I sometimes have pain in the jaw/lower ear side area but no popping sound while opening mouth or swelling. This is also very occasional but when it happens, the pain is excruciating. Are there any home remedies to ease the pain or consulting a dentist/physician is the only option?
You may not look forward to a dental examination, but you can't avoid it. A dental checkup every six months is crucial to your dental health and to maintain that beautiful smile. Skipping a dental checkup may save you time and a little discomfort now, but can cost you much more pain, time and money in the long run.
Here are 6 reasons to maintain a regular dental check up schedule:
- Fight Cavities: A clean up is a big part of a dental examination. No matter how well you brush and floss, there will always be spots that you miss out on. With time, plaque and tartar can build up in these spots leading to cavities if not addressed in time. The worst part about cavities is that you can feel them only once the tooth has been damaged. Thus, if you skip your dental examination, you may need a filling instead of a simple cleaning.
- Prevent gum disease: Plaque and tartar affect not only your teeth, but your gums as well leading to diseases like gingivitis and periodontitis. These are marked by shrinking of the gums that makes teeth sockets loose and eventually lead to tooth loss. Gum disease treatment can be very painful and expensive hence it is best to get plaque and tartar cleaned regularly before they begin to cause a problem.
- A brighter smile: Your daily cup of coffee or tea can stain your teeth with time. Wine and cigarettes also contribute towards making your teeth look dull. A professional dental cleaning can help remove these stains and give you a brighter smile.
- Find hidden problems: X rays are also an important part of a dental examination. An X-ray can detect problems that lie under the surface like misaligned teeth, bone decay, tumors and cysts. These problems rarely show any symptoms in their early stages and hence without an X-ray you would have to wait for it to advance to a more painful stage before seeking treatment.
- Boost overall health: Regular dental checkups can also lower your risk for heart disease and stroke. In addition to checking your mouth, a dentist will also check neck, jaw and lymph nodes during a regular check up for swelling and other abnormalities. This can help in the early detection and treatment of a number of diseases.
- Detect oral cancer: Oral cancer is easily treatable if diagnosed in its early stages. However, the only way to diagnose this correctly is by visiting the dentist. A test for oral cancer is pain free and takes hardly any time.
So, think about it. Visiting the dentist may make you a little uncomfortable but in the long run is well worth.