Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sweety Bansal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sweety BansalYour feedback matters!
Hi After my period a white liquid secrets from my vagina regularly. Say 1-2 times in a weak. I am now of 20 and my weight is 38 kg. Is it normal for a women or this is anything serious. please help me.
Hi, I am married for 1.5 years and my age is 30. In this 1.5 years, I had physical relations with my wife for only thrice. Last time we had in Apr 2015. She is not having any interest to involve in same now whereas I have. How can we reconcile? I don't want to pressurise her.
My doctor advised me for mychiro tablets for pcos Its been 2 months that I'm having it Is this tablets is a birth control pill or not. Can I conceive while consuming them.
Doctor, I had sexual intercourse with my wife 5 months back and it was protected But this month she has missed her periods Does that mean she is pregnant lately?
Sir. yesterday morning I just feel like gastric when I went to toilet it didn't come out completely then I try to make pressure then something like blood comes out and sometimes jelly type semi liquid. Please Suggest
There are lots of benefits espoused by doctors all over the world about getting adequate sleep. Lack of sleep can have an adverse impact on your daily work life balance and health. Thus, you should never let it happen. If you sleep more than six hours a day it can have a lot of benefits, some of which are mentioned below:
1. Better health: Studies have shown that having a good night’s sleep can help your body avoid serious health problems like diabetes, obesity, heart attacks and various other cardiac problems.
2. Lesser Pain: According to research, if you have chronic or acute pain from an injury, then sleeping for more than six hours can help you get better pain relief. It has been proven in multiple studies that good sleep can be an excellent supplement to pain medications. However, being in pain can make it harder for you to sleep. You should use pain relievers in such cases which can aid sleep, but ensure that you have more than 6 hours of shut eye.
3. Lower risk of injury: If you have adequate sleep then there are chances that you won’t feel tired during the day while you are out at work. This can prevent accidents if you are driving or even within the household. Deprivation of sleep has lead to many accidents in the past and continues to do so till today.
4. Better mood: Adequate sleep can help you to stay in good mood and research has found sleep has a direct effect on regulating your emotions. This is due to the fact that sleeping for more than six hours a day can prevent you from being exhausted at work.
5. Better memory: Sleep loss can be the reason you have become forgetful. Studies have shown that your brain processes and consolidates the memories from throughout the day while you sleep. So if you don’t get enough sleep it may affect your professional life as you may tend to forget important things that you should remember.
6. Stronger immunity: Sleeping for more than six hours will give your body the strength required to fight diseases.
7. Better weight control: Lack of proper sleep can increase your weight. You would feel hungrier and would crave for high calorie foods since lack of enough sleep causes the levels of leptin to drop in the body. Leptin is the hormone, which is responsible for how satisfied you feel with food and a drop in its levels will result in you wanting to eat your more. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Now I am 16 week pregnant. I am beta thalassemia trait and my husband is negative .is my baby affected by beta thalassemia? What are the tests to diagnosed whether the baby is affected or not?
My gf had taken abortion pills last month on 16th. Then bleeding lasted for 8 days. But in this month her periods have not come yet. She has also taken pregnancy test and it's negative. From last 3-4 days she has some white discharge from her vagina which is not thick and does not have any smell. Is it normal to have white discharge or is it a sign of pregnancy or infection. What steps should we take.
After my 17 days c-section I feel difficult in passing stools. I feel very hard and pain. I have 17 days baby.
I had unprotected sex with my girl friend. Its been 15 days and her periods is supposed to start somewhere between 2nd to 5th of december. Is there any natural method to terminate pregnancy in case if she is. Or if she is pregnant then what medicine is required to terminate pregnancy. Please guide me in this matter.
I am aged 57yrs having sweetening,thrusting,tension, hypertension,BP90/140,using Tab Telvas-40 & Tab Nebicard 10 also attain Menopause 12 years back
Hello Doctor, I (Age 21) had unprotected sex on first day of my periods. But ejaculation did not happen inside vagina. But we are worrying about pregnancy. To avoid mishaps, we are planning to go for I-Pill. Is there any issue on taking contraception pill on periods? Also please explain any permanent damages, if any.
Hello Doctor, My wife is pregnant (1 month 10 days) and 23 years old. She is suffering from fever from last 3 days and we have consulted with one doctor (Small clinic). The doctor has prescribed following medicines. 1. Auxime (Cefixime 200mg) - Antibiotic table (Daily 2 times) 2. Dolo 650 - Fever Tablet - For every 6 hours3. Folic acid tablets Please suggest whether Antibiotic tablet is harmful for pregnancy or not?
Hello , I am 38 years old. I am having pain during sex from last a few months and also can not control my rine for a long time. On and off I also feel severe pain in left side of the abdomen, that I can not even walk properly due to pain. My lower abdomen also increased or becomes fatty from last a few months. Can you please guide me whether these could be any dangerous signs for any type of disease?
I'm taking fertility treatment from this cycle. Doc gave 2shots of fsh 150. My egg grew well and I was given trigger injection for ovulation. She said to have intercourse each other day from the next day for 3 days. Me and my husband had sex on the 1st day but didn't continue for the other days. What are the chances of getting pregnant.
My wife age is 33 years and having sugar and done a angioplasty 3 years ago can she became a pregnant. Presently medicine is taken what should I do?
What are the latest advancements in male contraceptions?
The drawback of surgical approaches (such as vasectomy), especially patient compliance and the low success rates with condoms has spurred research on hormonal contraceptive dosage forms. There is a dearth of investigations in the development of pharmaceutical preparations. Evolving technology in the 21st century as well as improvement in living standards further underline the need for new male contraception approaches, especially those that entail new drug delivery methods.
Here are few areas where male contraception is being researched and used in some countries
Hormonal contraception for men is possible, and we are at the threshold of an important breakthrough. Combined testosterone plus progestin administration is more effective and safer than testosterone alone. Combination of testosterone plus an anti-androgenic progestin has several advantages over other formulations. In combined therapy, single injection formulation may have better compliance.
- Conventional male contraception
- Abstinence (doesn't work well)
- Male condom
There are other methods being developed but not sure they are there yet. But for guys? Their options are stuck in a time warp. If a man wants to take pregnancy prevention into his own hands, his choice basically comes down to condoms, a vasectomy, withdrawal, or abstinence. That’s why it's so amazing that scientists are finally developing some real advancements when it comes to male contraception.
Researchers writing in the April issue of the Open Access Journal Contraception published a rundown of the top emerging options. A few hold real promise, particularly a daily or weekly pill that would deliver a dose of artificial hormones to a guy’s bloodstream, which would then act on reproductive hormones to stop sperm from being produced. Like the female hormonal pill, the male hormonal pill would be reversible. But also like the female hormonal pill, there appear to be side effects, among them acne, weight gain, and even trickier to work around, changes in testosterone levels that trigger a plunge in libido.
Non-hormonal techniques are also being developed, particularly a vaccine that immunizes men with antibodies to halt sperm production. This so-called male birth-control shot is encouraging, because it targets sperm directly (rather than targeting other hormones in the body) and doesn’t have the testosterone-lowering side effects of a hormonal pill. Each injection would last for long intervals (experts aren’t yet sure how long), but the pregnancy-preventing effects would be reversible, if and when a guy decides he’s ready to be a dad.
So when can you expect to see men rushing out to the pharmacy counter to pick up their new birth control Rx? “I think we may see a novel male contraceptive within 10-12 years, That may seem far off, but hey at least it’s finally within sight. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.