Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sweena Arora
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sweena AroraYour feedback matters!
I am 24 year old female. I am having pain in my both breasts and it occurs every month. I feel shame to tell anyone. Its been more than 4 years. Is it a sign of Breast cancer. Kindly tell.
My friend underwent medical abortion which was totally painless and no much bleeding. Only a clot or 2. Is the abortion an incomplete one? What has to be done to pass the remaining tissues.
Hello, I made an intercourse on saturday and since sunday I am bleeding little. What should I do as I am having itching also.
Asthma, the long term inflammatory disease, affects the airways of lungs. A number of symptoms, including obstruction of air flow into the lungs, which can cause breathlessness, coughing, wheezing, allergic reactions and swelling of the tubes, points to it. The causes include genes as well as pollution in the environment which is resulting in an increasing number of cases. The diagnosis is usually done with a spirometry and the treatment is a long term process.
Women who suffer from asthma have to be especially vigilant during pregnancy as it can lead to a number of complications including less air passage to the foetus. This can result in a slow rate of development and certain anomalies in extreme cases. So how can a pregnant lady manage asthma? Here are a few tips:
- Involve Pulmologist: To begin with, the obstetrician and the pulmonologist must both be well aware of the situation. The pulmonologist must be given detailed information with regards to allergies as well as past treatment and medical history so that the treatment is done systematically to prevent an asthmatic attack and any complications to the foetus.
- Lung Function: During pregnancy, the doctor must monitor lung function carefully with monthly check ups to ensure that the right amount of oxygen is reaching the foetus. This is done because the severity of asthma changes in most women during pregnancy. A spriometry or peak flow metre can be used to measure the lung function. Also, the foetal movements must be monitored on a monthly basis, or rather, once every 28 days, to be more specific.
- Influenza: Flu is a common outcome of asthma, especially when it becomes severe during pregnancy. The onset of flu or influenza must be prevented at all costs with the help of a flu vaccine that will be effective at least for a season at a time. It is a pregnancy safe injection.
- Triggers: There are many things that may trigger an asthmatic attack or an allergic reaction that can lead to the same. Ensure that you do not suffer from these triggers by avoiding dust, pollen, tobacco smoke and varied other substances that can lead to choking and wheezing.
- Medication: One must ask the doctor about pregnancy safe inhaled corticosteroids that one can take during pregnancy if and when the need arises.
It is recommended to take medication for asthma during pregnancy only after a consultation with the doctor. Also, do not reduce the dose of the medicine unless your doctor has recommended a change.
In-vitro fertilization (IVF) is a fertilization technique through which the sperm and an egg are fused in a laboratory. The embryo is grown in a lab for a span of 4-5 days and then transferred to a woman’s uterus. This process is extremely effective and increases the chances of fertilization. There is a four-step process of IVF as discussed below:
- Ovulation induction: The first process involves the inspection of the ovary and subsequent release of the eggs. Among other observations, the doctor observes whether the ovaries are functioning well, hormones are present in adequate quantities and blood pressure is normal. If there is a shortage of ovary, women are advised to consume fertility medicine for a while. More the number of ovaries produced, better are the chances of successful embryo formation. In case egg formation causes a bother, one can talk to their doctor regarding donor eggs being used for the process.
- Retrieval of the egg: During this process, a doctor might suggest pain medication in order to negate any discomfort that a woman might face. A thin needle is then passed through the vaginal wall. Along with vaginal ultrasound and gentle suction, fluid from the follicles is taken out. The egg is separated from the follicular fluid and is placed in the culture dish that contains nutrient media. The dish is then placed in the incubator for further processing.
- Fertilization: The next process is to ensure that the egg fertilizes properly. In order to do this, a healthy sperm cell is obtained from the partner or a wishful donor. After a careful inspection, the most active sperm cell is combined with the egg and placed in a chamber. The sperm and the egg are taken to a common place and the two are mixed in the incubator. A healthy embryo thus develops.
- Embryo transfer: The final process involves the transfer of the embryo. This is the most complicated step in this procedure. A little glitch can jeopardize the whole procedure and threat the success rate. Out of all the embryos, the healthy one is selected. Inside the vagina, a speculum is then placed and the healthiest embryo is transferred into the uterus. This is a strenuous process and complete bed rest for more than a day is advised by doctors.
- Pregnancy: Post the IVF process, a woman might take a couple of weeks to get pregnant. If the procedure becomes successful, your pregnancy test will come as positive. Many, though, return a negative test result. This only signifies that the procedure has failed. On an average, it takes 2 attempts for IVF to become successful. This is not a high-risk procedure and the same can be taken as many times as you want. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.