Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Bloating and flatulence can make you feel really uncomfortable, and even ruin your self- confidence.
If you experience these issues often, you may need to change some unhealthy habits, and start consuming some more nutritious foods. If you already eat a healthy diet, then you should consider reviewing the foods you commonly eat, as some of them may be the cause of these issues.
Constipation, gases and bloating may result from stress, consumption of unhealthy foods, as well as a reduced number of good bacteria in the intestines.
If you often have a bloated belly, the reason for it may be in the consumption of the following foods:
1. Soft drinks
Soft drinks release carbon dioxide which leads to bloating of your belly.
Beans contain oligosaccharide which is not easily processed in the body. Therefore, you need to soak beans before you start cooking them, in order to cause the loss of some of these sugars.
3. Dairy products
Bloating and gases may also be a result of the excessive consumption of cheese, milk, or yogurt. Therefore, you may need to replace them with soy, almond, coconut or flax milk.
4. Salty foods
You need to be careful and choose foods which are not high in salt and limit the intake to 2, 300 mg on a daily basis, as it leads to water retention in the body.
5. Apples and pears
Apples and pears contain soluble fibre, and if you have a sensitive stomach, you may find it difficult to tolerate. However, this does not mean that you should completely eliminate these foods from your diet.
6. Asparagus, broccoli, cabbage
These three are extremely healthy for your body, but you need to consume them in moderate amounts, as they have raffinose, which is a kind of sugar is not digested until it reaches the large intestine.
7. Hard candies and chewing gums
Swallowing will do no favour to you in these cases, so you would avoid chewing gums and hard candies, as they make you swallow even more. Moreover, they contain artificial sugars which may lead to serious gastrointestinal issues.
However, this article will also offer you help in order to reduce stomach bloating and improve the function of your digestive system.
The 10 foods below will provide amazing results:
1. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is believed to be the best and most effective remedy in the case of gases and bloating. It boosts digestion by stimulating the digestive juices. All you need to do is to add 1-2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and consume the mixture in order to solve these issues.
These fantastic fruits contain protein-digesting enzymes which prevent bloating of the stomach and boost digestion. Furthermore, pineapples have powerful anti-inflammatory properties which will also provide significant help.
3. Chamomile tea
Due to its strong anti-inflammatory, carminative and antispasmodic properties, chamomile tea can provide effects. Namely, it relaxes every single body tissue, soothes mucous membranes, and eliminates stress, which is one of the major reasons for the occurrence of bloating.
This is why chamomile tea is given to small babies in order to relieve the spasms and bloating of their belly.
Raw parsley is fantastic in the case of indigestion, as well as in the case of halitosis. This natural diuretic will effectively reduce all discomfort. All you need to do in order to cure bloating, discard salt deposits and melt excess pounds, is to sprinkle some chopped parsley over your meals.
Lemons are extremely effective, just like apple cider vinegar, but they additionally contain large amounts of vitamin c. Every morning, add the juice of half lemon to a quart of water and drink it. This will completely solve your bloating issues.
Papaya contains papain, which is a protein-digesting enzyme which effectively reduces gases and bloating. Moreover, this fruit will also kill the microorganisms responsible for your stomach bloating.
Add fennel and fennel seeds in the regular diet to reduce gases and relieve bloating, since they act as antispasmodics in the colon. Namely, fennel will trigger the flow of the bile, relax smooth muscles in the digestive tract, and will effectively reduce pain due to indigestion.
Ginger contains another protein-digesting enzyme known as zingy bain, which is extremely effective in the case of gastrointestinal issues. Hence, in order to relieve bloating and gases, you need to add some ginger root to your meals regularly.
9. Peppermint tea
Numerous different studies have confirmed that peppermint tea can give remarkable effects in the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome. This healthy tea soothes muscles in the digestive tract.
10. Caraway seeds
These beneficial seeds have strong carminative properties, so they stimulate the development of healthy bacteria in the intestines, which will result in a tight and flat belly. Moreover, they will effectively prevent gases.
Hi I am 30 years old. Married. It's been six months and I always have bad thoughts about my husband. And keep asking questions always.
Dr. Mujhe 3 saal se constipation hai. Mai veg khati hoon 4 litter pani piti hoon. Mera stomach saaf nahi hota bad breath bhi ahti hai mujhe. I'm very disturb Dr. please advice me. Kya mere liver mai problem hai.
I am unable to increase my weight. My weight is very low when compared to my height. How can I increase my weight?
I am having a fleshy oedemic appearance over the right hand thumb for 4 years. What should be the best treatment to get rid of this fleshy look?
I am 18 years old. I am suffering from a huge amount of hair loss from one year. Please tell me what should I do?
Dairy is a well-known food group that supplies necessary fuel to our bodies. This fuel comes in the form of nutrients like protein and calcium, along with various other minerals. These substances help us in building stamina, immunity and endurance as well as precious muscle and joint strength. Yogurt or curd is a highly beneficial dairy product. In Ayurveda too, it has been recognised as a food that can help in keeping the organs in a well-functioning state. Here are the reasons why this is considered as a superfood.
- Bacteria: Fresh yogurt that has been made at home has a number of healthy bacteria. There are many kinds of bacteria that can enter and reside in one’s body. While some of them may cause infections, there are others that are vital for the healthy functioning of the body. The bacteria contained in yogurt are especially beneficial because they aid the digestion and keep the Agni or digestive fires burning. At the same time, these bacteria also kill the harmful virus that can infect the body. This helps in building better immunity as well. In fact, in most Indian homes, people usually have a bowl of curd or buttermilk after their meals, as this aids digestion and strengthens the immune system.
- Healthy Carbohydrate: Yogurt is a healthy carbohydrate that can be used for a diabetic diet. This can help patients suffering from diabetes in getting a dose of protein rich dairy that does not affect the blood sugar levels. It is also a good choice for patients suffering from high cholesterol, as it helps in keeping the lipid levels at a minimum even as it gives plenty of strength to the body and its bones.
- Brain Food: Ayurveda recognises yogurt as one of the top brain foods. This ingredient is known to enhance the memory. It also helps in better nerve and brain functioning. This food also helps in increasing the brain capacity which keeps it alert and sharp.
- Vata Balance: Yogurt is a fermented food that is good for the balance of the Vata Dosha. If this Dosha is thrown into a mode of imbalance, it can lead to various ailments like thyroid disorders and digestive problems. Having yogurt gives much comfort to the intestine and helps in balancing the digestion. This Dosha also creates blood circulation problems when it is not in a balanced state. Yogurt helps in keeping this Dosha in balance.
- Muscles and Joints: The protein and calcium elements of yogurt make it a superfood in terms of muscle and joint strength. This is also related to the Vata Dosha. Having plenty of yogurt can help in preventing such problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.