Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Swati ChhabraYour feedback matters!
Teeth need to be maintained well be it natural or artificial. While the natural teeth have their own built-in safety mechanisms, the artificial ones do not and the onus is completely on the owner to care for them. Dentures can be fixed or removable (partial or complete). For best appearance and proper functioning, these need to be cared for as listed below.
Removable dentures, whether partial or complete, do the following with your removable dentures.
1. Remove and rinse dentures after eating: Take out your dentures and wash it under running water to remove food debris.
2. Handle with care: Especially if your denture has clasps, be sure to not bend them as it may alter the fit. While removing and wearing it, be careful to not drop it, the denture can break.
3. Mouth rinse: Rinse your mouth each time after you remove the denture and before each time you put them back in.
4. Brushing: Use a soft-bristled brush for regular cleaning of teeth and tongue. If no teeth are present, use a soft gauze pad and plain finger massage to clean the gum line and bone on which the denture sits.
5. Soak dentures: When not in the mouth, always place your dentures in a bowl of water. Solution for soaking dentures are available, to be used for overnight denture soaking. When left in open air, the material used to make the denture is affected and may not fit properly over a period of time. Rinse them thoroughly before putting it back in the mouth.
6. Clean your dentures: Rinse the dentures at least twice daily. This will help remove food and plaque.
7. Denture adhesive: When using a denture adhesive, extra cleaning around the area that fits into the gum and bone should be done.
8. Regular dental visits: Visit your dentist regularly to ensure that dentures are fitting properly, functioning as expected and the other parts of the mouth are constantly checked for general health. Ill-fitting dentures can lead to irritation, sores and infection and so should be immediately attended to.
Some things to avoid if you are a denture user are as follows:
1. Soaking the denture in hot water: The denture material can get warped when it is soaked in hot water and have spots on it, which impacts the looks of it.
2. Hard toothbrushes: Always use a soft toothbrush
3. Toothpastes with whitening agents: In most cases, the denture cleanser and normal water and sufficient to clean dentures with a soft brush.
4. Fixed dentures: These are easier to manage than the removable ones. However, periodic visits to the dentist for regular check up is a must. A visit every 6 months is ideal to maintain proper oral hygiene. In addition, regular brushing, flossing, and rinsing are to be continued.
I CONSULT DIENTIST MY 6 TOOTH R MISSING BY BIRTH SO MY QUESTION IS WHAT WILL BE THE COST OF CLEANING AND FILLING,IMPLANT AND WHAT I DO DENTURE CAP OR IMPLANT ?
I am 20 year old boy when I drink cold water so feeling pain in the roots of the teeth jaw. please suggest me.
I am 23 old man. I have a problem of mouth ulcer from 3 years. Pls give suggestions to cure and prevention.
I am 40 year old man and have mouth dry problem. From one month my mouth is always dry and all the time I use water. I tested my blood for sugar, triglyceride and cholesterol but all are normal. What should I do? Could you please assist me? Thanks,
I had dental treatment 2 years ago. It was ortho treatment. After treatment I am facing problem of yellowness in teeth. And sometimes bleeding in gums. What can I do to get rid of it?
I have a mouth ulcer from last 4 days, tried smyle tube, glycerin and becosules capsules. But no effect. I also feel constipation. What medicine can help me for speedy recovery.
Age 48, diabetic, getting blood along with saliva after weakup, that also two r three splitings only, one of my teeth is loose, what is the case and remedy.
It's about dental, my teeth is white but it's not perfect white I want my teeth perfectly white, Have any solution for this?
1. Bleaching (intracornonal/extracoronal)
5. Composite veneers
7. Emax crowns
Please don't buy or gift chocolates instead gie them nuts & Dry fruits.