Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Swaranjeet sapraYour feedback matters!
My wife have a infection so we have problem in sex, she has lost off pain when we sex, and Also white blooding problem pls answer.
Had pregenancy test twice after xxx its negative, last periods were on 9th march, got normal spotting on 19th april. Bt no proper bleeding. What I am going through? am I pregnent. Or having polly cyst syndrome. Please help. i am just dying out in fear.
Hi I had unprotected sex on 24th December 2016 at 2: 30 AM and took the I pill at 12: PM (that is within 6-12 hours )and I have my cycle on 14th every month but I get periods in 5 days after taking the pill. It didn't happen this time but today at 1: 30 PM I went to the washroom to pee and saw 2-3 blood spots in the pot and thought them to be my periods but after 20-25 minutes I went to the washroom again and there was no blood neither in the pot nor on the pad till now that is 4: PM. There are just 2-3 blood spots on the pad that is it. The flow on the first day is usually less but not as less as this. Is this implantation bleeding, what shall I do?
The human body experiences various types of aches and pains from time to time depending on injuries and other kinds of joint, muscle and nerve pain and various types of these pains include somatic pain, visceral pain, and neuropathic pain.
While somatic pain refers to the pain that comes from injuries caused to muscles, connective tissues and joints; visceral pain happens due to inflammation and excessive stretching of organs. Finally, neuropathic pain is a more long lasting kind, which can be caused by conditions like cancer, HIV or Shingles. The pain can be acute or chronic. Read on to find out more about pain management.
- Somatic Pain: This type of bone pain is usually localised and can increase with movement, becoming sharper with increased motion. Somatic pain can usually be treated with the help of analgesics, which treats the area suffering from pain, especially for pain that takes place due to surgical incisions and other dull aches or sharp pains that are localised. This kind of pain can also be treated with physiotherapy, acupressure and other exercises based on the area of pain.
- Visceral Pain: While this kind of pain can be treated with the help of medication, it also usually improves and fades with time. The medication for this kind of pain usually alters the neurotransmitters of the brain that convey pain signals and trigger pain in the body. This medication also helps in bringing down the inflammation for pain improvement.
- Neuropathic Pain: This kind of pain is usually accompanied by irregular limb movements and discomfort as well as motions like twitching. It is a more permanent kind of pain that lasts long and causes greater discomfort than the above two kinds of pain. Neuropathic pain can be treated with the help of anticonvulsants, which usually help in preventing the nerve pain and irregular movements that can trigger from this kind of pain. It also impacts the serotonin level and other chemicals in the brain for better nerve pain management and act as an anti-depressant as well.
The various kinds of pain discussed above can be treated in different ways, both in medicated and non-medicated ways, however, the method will depend upon whether the pain is acute or chronic.
Dear sir, I have a friend, her husband was died due to blood cancer in last Apr 15. Presently she has 2 child. She I lived with her child and parents. I just want to confirm, is there any symptoms or chances of cancer with her and her children. Is cancer is STD diseases, is transmitted during sexual intercourse. This is require because we re worry about her next marriage. Can she marry once again. Pl give valuable reply. Vishal.
My period started on day 29 of my cycle.Its cramping.I am 38 years of old ttc for 2 years.No pregnancy now.What could be my next step?
She is pregnant, about from 3 months, vomiting tendency and stomach swells sometime, wants to eat very less. Please advice.
My friend Jyoti (21) is suffering from menstrual pain badly since her first period when she was 15. Her periods are normal in cycle and bleeding. Can it be eliminated? She takes anti spasmodic when pain occurs. Sometimes she vomits also. Please tell me the treatment in detail. What are the reasons of this pain?
My wife is conceive for 2 months now she was feeling heavy hungry from last week. But she is irregular of having food. Now she is not feeling hungry at all but other symptoms are same like vomiting, dizziness n all. So my concern is now baby is healthy or anything wrong for baby??
Birth control is a method by which unwanted pregnancy is prevented. Partners can plan their childbearing in a better way using the increased levels of awareness about birth control.
Methods of birth control:
- Intrauterine devices (IDUs): These are most effective methods of birth control. The intrauterine device (IUD) is a long-acting and reversible form of contraception for women. It is of two types: Copper IUD (contains copper) and Hormone-releasing IUDs (progestin hormone is released into the womb slowly). It is a small device that is fitted inside the womb and it provides contraception by preventing fertilization of the egg.
- Sterilization: This is a process of birth control that renders a woman incapable of conception or a man incapable of sperm delivery. The process is conducted with the consent of the individual and can be done using either surgical or non-surgical methods. In both the cases, tubes carrying sperms (in males) and fallopian tubes (females) are either cut or blocked.
- Condoms: These are the most commonly used measures for birth control. Male and female condoms act as barriers and prevent the sperm from reaching the uterus.
- Oral contraceptive pills: These pills are the most popular measures of birth control used by women across the world. This is the most convenient way of postponing pregnancy. However, it is very important that the side effects of the contraceptive pills be noted. The side effects cause changes in the body, such as irregular bleeding, increase in the breast's size increased levels of blood pressure as well as eventual infertility.
- Contraceptive Injections: In this method, one hormone injection is administered, the effects of which last inside the body for a time period of 8 to 12 weeks i.e. 2-3 months. The contraceptive injection has the similar effects as that of contraceptive pills on birth control. Evidently, the shot is irreversible, which makes the woman infertile for a period of three months. However, similar to the pill, protection from STDs is not offered by contraceptive injections. But these injections can guarantee 99% safety and surety on being used.
- Natural Family Planning: Even though it is not any external pill or device, Natural Family Planning is also a method of birth control. It relies on the knowledge of timings of the menstrual cycle (periods) so that the couple can avoid sex during the time period when the woman is fertile. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi I am confuse for taking protein for my wife in pregnancy for 5-6 month please let me know if I taken amway protein which one is best.
Good Evening. Please do not discard my request. Please read my problem completely. 3 years back my mother suffered TIA attack something like paralytic stroke after treatment she recovered and takes Telma 20, Deplatt 75, Calaptin 40 mg and Avas 5mg. Everything was going on well even though she had little weakness and did not get her complete strength. But however after 3 years suddenly last week she complained of pain in Right hand a pulling like tight feeling then suddenly she felt her Right hand is very weak and is not like her left hand and felt tingling sensation in fingers of Right hand and lost grip in her Right hand. We were very much worried as to what is this after 3 years again. So we took her to Apollo hospital where Dr. asked for few tests like Lipid profile, ECG, 2D ECHO and Carotid doppler some ultrasound tests. All her tests showed normal. So Doctor said nothing to worry reports are normal but it was again a symptom of TIA Paralytic stroke attack. Doctor changed Deplatt 75 to Deplatt 75 A. Which has (aspirin). Our Doctor said nothing to worry its just come and gone. But this put my family and especially my mother in a lot of fear as to why this stroke effect had come back after 3 years when BP and other reports are normal. I need your help to please tell me is anything serious going to happen to my mother? Is it any indication to serious health problem? She again lost her strength and her confidence of recovery and is having sleepless nights from 1 week. Please assist me. Will my mother be completely cured or will these attack keep coming and going. Please advice if any risk involved. Thanking you Shalini.
They have cyst in right breast n operated in 2010, now she is suffering from itching and pain in scar. What should i do now?
Is it safe to have anal sex with my wife or is it harmful. What can i use so that she has least pain while having anal sex ?
I want one sex arousal tablet. My husband has no mood in doing sex. Its been 3 years . We are not being able to have sex because his penis is not hard. Other levels all ok for him . Sperm count is excellent. This is the last month I am having hope that with same medicine taken he would get mood also and his erection would be long before penetrating and after also he should stay for a while so that We can conceive.
Hello sir Me and My gf having sex on date 4th July but no discharge of sperm occurred but now my gf have heavy white discharge from her vagina why and what is the treatments?
Hello! I am a 22 year female. I am facing menstrual irregularities ever since i attained menarche. Moreover, I also have a problem of PCOD. I have tried getting treated for the same but in vain. Now, I haven't had my menstrual cycle since 6 months and since a month i notice a dark to light brown colored vaginal discharge on daily basis. I am already very overweight. Please help me out with the problem of mine.
Adding naturally sweetened foods like sweet onion, sweet corn and sweet potato to your meals instead of the regular processed sugar to sweeten food is a brilliant idea. Not sure how? Read on…
1. Sweet Potato
It is loaded with the benefits of Vitamin D that enhances energy levels, moods and helps your heart, nerves, teeth and immune system build healthy bones. Sweet potatoes are high in Vitamin C and produces collagen which maintains your skin’s youthful elasticity. They also contain magnesium which is an anti-stress and relaxation mineral.
This rich vegetable is so versatile you can use it roasted, pureed, steamed or grilled for different purposes. Sweet potatoes make a great salad when you add it atop a plateful of leafy greens, carrots, bell peppers and onions. It acts as an ideal alternative to burgers, when you add it as filling to whole wheat sandwiches, bagels or tortilla wraps.
2. Sweet Onion
Sweet onion contains flavonoids, which reduce the risk of heart diseases, help in proper digestive function, and keep your bones healthy when consumed on a regular basis. The sweet vegetable also comprises of anti-inflammatory agents. Fresher and milder than regular onions, sweet onions have a higher water content and lesser levels of sulphur compounds.
You can caramelise or sauté it for toppings, use it raw in salads as well as add like an alternative of onions in Indian as well as continental dishes.
3. Sweet Corn
Sweet corn comprises high levels of thiamine, or vitamin B1 a nutrient vital for brain cells and cognitive function. It is also an excellent source of folate or vitamin B9 which lowers the risk of heart attacks, strokes and peripheral cardiovascular diseases. Hundred per cent consumption of the daily requirement of folate can reduce the risk of heart attack by 10 per cent.
Sweet corn adds as a great ingredient in any dish be it raw salads, gravies, sandwiches, pasta or rice recipes. You can even add melted butter, salt and pepper to a bowl of warm sweet corn for a healthy evening snack.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.