Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SwanaYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor, My wife had a miscarriage on Sept'2014 and after that we didn't do any family plan yet. We asked the doctor about the reason, but they didn't confirmed the exact reason. She is having hypothyroid. Can you please suggest if we can do the family plan again and what are the precautions we should take at the beginning. Any food habits we need to follow? Thanks in advance.
My wife has suffering from swelling on face only which keep moving on different place and eyes for last 1 month. Allergy tablets prescribe by local doctor had been already taken but no cure kindly advise for right treatment and consultation.
I have irregular periods, and also coming daily mth, but I don't have children what will do for this?
Hello doc. I got red spots but not getting bleeding.In my usual cycle I used to get bleeding after spots but dis tym I got at 42 day. But no bleed. Nd I even not getting symptoms of pregnancy. Last 19 Nov I got periods wr are planning baby. After missed abortion, nd after 2 months we are trying for baby nd November month 3 Rd attempt. M worried. please suggest.
Hello doc, my this month period is not not yet started my date was 7th Nd I checked pregnancy test but it's negative, I been to doc Nd she gave premature some kind of tab, she said after taking this my period will start, but it's been I week it's not yet started doc Nd suddenly I'm feeling that my stomach was bloating from fews days I have taken omee tab for gas I have taken from Medical store, even I feeling fever Nd cold from last week. Present cold is not there then also my feel my voice is like I have full. Please help me out doc. Or suggest me gud tab so my period can start. Even I have cough frm 1 week it's not curing.
I am taking yamini pill & my breastfeed baby gets irritated & refuses to sleep & crying. Is it side effect of yamini or other issue?
Ayurveda is an everyday life science that cures a number of maladies based on the use of herbs, yoga, oil massages and a number of lifestyle tweaks. Ayurveda uses everyday tweaks in order to reach the root cause of the ailment and cure it. Therefore, it makes use of a lot of everyday items that can make changes in the doshas that create an imbalance. Ginger is one such ingredient that has a number of health benefits as per Ayurveda. It is a root spice or flowering plant with an orange brown hue. Read on to know more.
- Healing Digestive Properties: Ginger has a number of healing properties thanks to its chemical composition as they make it ideal for patients suffering from digestive problems such an irritable bowel syndrome. It also helps in improved production of the digestive juices which can help in flushing out toxins or Ama. This spice also keeps the digestive fires burning due to the heat that it emanates.
- Nutrition: Ginger also helps in better absorption of nutrients, vitamins and minerals from the food that we eat. This helps in better weight management as well as better digestion, which can prevent a number of diseases including cancer.
- Stress: Brewing a cup of green or white tea with a hint of Ginger can instantly spread a wonderful fragrance throughout the home and calm your senses by enveloping them. The fragrant properties of Ginger also have a healing effect which can lessen and prevent stress.
- Nausea: Small doses of Ginger are especially helpful for pregnant women who are suffering from acute and excessive morning sickness or nausea.
- Muscle Pain: Ginger can be used to reduce pain and soreness in one's muscles. It can be brewed as tea or taken in small slivers after a particularly intense workout. It is also known to help in relieving pain experienced by patients suffering from arthritis and other ailments related to joint and muscles. This condiment also helps in reducing the inflammation in the joints due to its proven anti-inflammatory properties.
- Diabetes and Heart Disease: Ginger is known to dramatically reduce the blood sugar level. It shows a reduction in the markers for oxidized lipoproteins, which also lowers the risk of high cholesterol and heart disease.
- Menstrual Pain: Just a gram or two of Ginger can be ingested on a daily basis to get relief from severe pain during menstrual cramps in women.
Ginger can be used to season foods like salads, curries and stir fried vegetables and also for preparing tea so that some quantity can be ingested every day.
I am 30 years unmarried girl, PCOD sufferer kindly suggest me what should I do as I have gained 15 kg weight
Hi sir/madam my question is my girl friend is increasing her weight regullarly and even the periods are also not coming. According to her words she told me in one year she got 2 tyms. With this irregular periods can she be pregnant. Please give me neccesary answer so that she should get proper periods and lossing weight also. Thank you.
Hi Doc. I got some white fluid sometimes. Is that normal or some problem. Also want to understand why it happens. Does it cause any infection? Please suggest some alternative if it is a problem.
My girlfriends period gone 14 April. Yesterday I'm sex with her without protection on 30 April so any chance to she get pregnant?
Homoeopathic first aid medicines
* any sort of bruised injury- arnica montana
* injury to ligaments - ruta graveolens
* injury to nerves- hypericum perfoliatum
* fracture - symphytum officinalis
* head injury- natrum sulphuricum
* lacerated injuries (operation) - staphysagria
* when pain of remote injury remains- rhus toxicodendron and calcarea phosphorica
* eye injury, bruise or blow- symphytum
* strain to eye ligaments and muscles- ruta graveolens
Homoeopathic medicines act best when given based on symptom similarity.
9 month running of my pregnancy. For few days I am suffering from cold & feel very weak. Does it harm my baby? What can I do. Suggest me.
How to reduce sodium consumption through diet
Minerals and salts are important parts of our daily diets. These minerals play significant roles in the functioning of the human body but, if found in excess, they might adversely impact your health. One such mineral is sodium, which is abundant in most food sources.
Sodium is present in every food in the form of salt. Most forms of meat, canned vegetables and soup, junk food and pickles are some examples of food which are naturally high in sodium. Apart from this, any cooked food will have salt crystals within it. Medical research has shown that most people consume more sodium than what is recommended.
Ill Effects of Sodium Intake in Excess
- The most common problem caused by the excessive consumption of sodium is high blood pressure.
- High blood pressure, apart from being the cause of strokes can also affect internal organs like kidneys and cause renal failure over time.
- It can also be detrimental to the heart and be a contributing factor to heart conditions as well.
Here are some of the ways through which you can reduce sodium intake through changes in diet.
- Increasing the intake of fruits within the diet - Inclusion of more fresh fruits in your diet will reduce the amount of sodium consumption. Canned and processed fruits may increase sodium consumption and hence should be reduced.
- Changing to fresh unprocessed meats - Certain processed and packaged meats such as in snacks and fast foods should be avoided as they have high sodium content. Hence, consumption of fresh meat instead of processed meat is an effective way to reduce your daily sodium intake.
- Including more leafy vegetables in your diet - Leafy green vegetables such as kale, spinach, and celery have a lot of water and also help reduce the sodium intake in your body.
- Drinking plenty of water - Sodium levels can rise within the body when it is dehydrated. Thus, it is prudent to always keep your body hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Mustard Oil Versus Refined Oil