Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Swana
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SwanaYour feedback matters!
My wife is pregnant of 29 weeks 2 days as on 24.01.18. She done growth scan on 24.01.18, the results shows BPD 7.8 cm (31w2d), HC 28.2 (30w6d), FL 5.55 cm (29w2d), AC 25. 7 cm (30w) and all other parameters and positions are perfect. Her 21 weeks 1 day scan (anomaly scan) report shows only 1-2 days advance growth, but this report shows 1-2 weeks advance growth. please doctors tell me it's normal? Is that means our baby will have little big head? Why 1-2 weeks advance growth showing? Is it for diet? Is all r fine? She is taking thyroxine 50 mg (Thyroid is under control for 1.5 years), GEMCAL D3, MCB, Metformin 500 for PCOd and LIVOGEN as last time hemoglobin report shows 10.2). We have done some test as per doctor's advice like serology etc. And last 15 days ago done PP and fasting sugar test which is also normal. But GTT not done.
Hi, Lady (32 yrs), healthy. Pregnant - 40wks 2 days, Amniotic fluid index -70, CTG (foetal heart beat )- normal. Tight and closed cervix. Getting treated in a international hospital abroad. At 39 wks 5 days Dr. tried oxytocin for 6 hours (mixed with lactate soln). Good contractions, good foetal heart rate but no improvement in cervix Today (40wks 2 days) - CTG - normal, amniotic fluid - 70. Drs asked to come back after 3 days. Patient walking a lot and hydrated well with water tender coconut. Drs at this hospital are reluctant to use misoprostol or cerviprime gel as they say its usage is banned in their hospital. Also they say these 2 medicines are dangerous and could lead to uncontrolled contractions. What should I do. Should I wait? I can wait for more days but should I also take a second opinion from other hospital which may use these medicines safely for cervical ripening followed by oxytocin shot for labour indication? Pls advise.
My friend is 16 years old. She had done oral sex with her BF. Now she is afraid that she would become pregnant because her BF inserted his finger in her vagina after masturbation. Tell me whether she will become pregnant or is there any other remedy?
Intra uterine insemination is a common fertility treatment which involves positioning a sperm within the woman’s uterus in order to help it fertilize. The primary objective of this treatment is to surge the number of sperms that are supposed to reach the fallopian tubes for multiplying the chance of fertilization. It offers an advantage to the sperms by minimizing its area of traversal, but the sperm must reach the eggs for fertilizing the ovum on its own. It is a minimally invasive method and much lesser expensive when compared to in vitro fertilization.
When do the doctors recommend intra uterine insemination?
The most common reason behind opting for intra uterine insemination is decreased sperm mobility and low sperm count. But there are various other reasons why gynecologists recommend this treatment and these include unexplained infertility, cervical scar tissues from past operations, cervical mucus problems, ejaculation dysfunction and several others.
On the other hand, intra uterine insemination is not recommended for women with conditions of pelvic infections, moderate to severe endometriosis and women with acute problems in the fallopian tubes.
How does the process of intra uterine insemination work?
- Before opting for the intra uterine insemination, doctors may recommend ovulation stimulating medicines which require careful monitoring of the eggs to determine when they are mature. The intra uterine insemination will be done between 24 and 36 hours after the rise in LH hormones which indicates high chances of ovulation.
- A semen sample is separated from the semen, and then the sperm is inserted directly into the uterus with the help of a catheter. This procedure improves the positioning of sperm cells into the uterus which, in turn, increases the chances of conception.
- The whole procedure takes about a couple of minutes and gives only minimal discomfort. Then the doctors closely monitor your signs and symptoms of pregnancy. In most cases, there is minimal risk of infection after the intra uterine insemination. Also, women who take fertility medications while having IUI also have chances to become pregnant with multiples.
What is the success rate of intra uterine insemination?
The success of intra uterine insemination depends on a host of factors. If a couple chooses to opt for this treatment every month, the chances of successful pregnancy are increased by 20 percent per cycle. But factors like age of the woman, use of fertility drugs, and the reason behind infertility play a critical role.
Since intra uterine insemination is a cheaper process compared to in vitro fertilization, the success rate of this procedure can sometimes be lower than the latter. It however in most cases gives good results. So, if you are interested in this treatment, you must consult with an expert gynaecologist for discussing your options. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Our brain is made of 75% water. It seems therefore logical that dehydration may have an impact on cognitive functions and mood.
- Several studies, performed in healthy persons, looked at the effects of induced dehydration on cognitive performance and motor function: fatigue, mood, choice reaction time, short- and long-term memory, attention, arithmetics…
- It appears that a 2% dehydration is sufficient to impair functions and performances.Some studies have suggested that adverse effects may even be present at 1% dehydration.
- Young children and adolescents, in particular, may be at risk of impaired cognitive function (concentration, alertness and short-term memory) due to insufficient hydration