Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sushmita MisraYour feedback matters!
I am over weight and want to be on liquid diet, raw veggies, fruits,whole grain food and low fat diary. But my concern is my baby is just a year old and she is on breastfeeding. If I go on this diet will my milk supply decrease as the caloric intake should be for a lactating mother is more then 2000. If possible give me a 2000 calorie diet plan for a day.
I am suffering from pcod for last 2 years. And my weight has been abnormally increasing. How much ever I do exercise and dieting my weight nt getting controlled. My weight at present os now 78 kgs and my height is just 5: 2. So pls help how to reduce my weight. At present I am not using any medicines for pcod.
Now I am 18 weeks 1 day pregnant. My belly is not as much big now but my GP told to take NT scan. I took that scan when I am 15 weeks. The result of the scan is everything normal the nuchal translucency measure is also normal. But why belly is not big enough that's my doubt. What I thought is my baby's growth is normal or not.
Vaginal yeast infection occurs when too many yeast cells grow in the vagina, causing inflammation. It can spread by sexual contact but is not considered as a sexually transmitted infection. A yeast infection results in soreness or itching in the vagina with a burning sensation while urinating.
Causes of yeast infections in the vagina:
The vagina contains a balanced mix of yeast and bacteria; but if the balance is disrupted, it can lead to yeast infection. The reasons for overgrowth of yeast infections are:
- If antibiotics are used more than usual, they can decrease the level of lactobacillus bacteria present in the vagina, changing the pH of vagina
- Having high estrogen levels during pregnancy by using high dose birth control pills and hormone therapy can lead to the overgrowth of yeasts.
- Having diabetes, especially when the blood sugar level is not checked and tends to be high
- Having a weak or impaired immune system
- Being overweight and having poor eating habits, including foods high in sugar level
Risk factors associated with the condition:
A number of factors can increase your risk of getting a vaginal yeast infection.
- Using antibiotics heightens your risk of developing vaginal yeast infection as it disrupts the balance between yeast and bacteria. Excessive intake of antibiotics can kill healthy bacteria, leading to overgrowth of yeast organisms.
- Having a weak immune system with conditions such as poorly controlled diabetes and HIV can lead to an overgrowth of yeast in the vagina. Corticosteroid medicines also weaken the immune system.
- Wearing pants that are tight-fitting, nonabsorbent and undergarments that trap warmth and moisture
- Having high estrogen levels due to an imbalance of hormone levels during pregnancy or menstrual cycle can also lead to vaginal yeast infection.