Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in New Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sushma SuriYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years female. Had intercourse at the 6th day of my period and used condom. Since then i'm feeling very weak, dizzy and have severe headache too. After few days I also had dark brown discharge and also have lower abdominal cramps. I'm really worried, whether i'm pregnant or not?
My periods not come in this month I will waiting for this for last 15 days So what should I do? Please advice.
1. Eat Frequent and Small Meals
Overeating has to be avoided to keep the metabolism in a high calorie burning state. Taking frequent and small meals, like five to six small meals throughout the day would be ideal.
Reports suggest that breastfeeding helps in burning upto 500 calories a day, which would aid in losing those pregnancy pounds.
3. Drink lots of water.
Hydration is helpful for weight loss, helping digestion and suppressing appetite. Normally skin coils back quickly, when it is pressed. If it does not happen, it may be sign of dehydration. Target at least for eight-ten glasses a day depending on weather.
Sugary or deep fried foods are to be avoided. Keep washed and cut fruit and veggies on hand for easy picking. Try frozen grapes or apples with peanut better for a satisfying alternative. Store your cupboard/refrigerator with high-fiber an low fat snack and dump the chips and ice-cream. The likelihood of eating unhealthy food increases if it is stored and easily accessible.
5. Eat lean protein
fatty meats may be replaced with leaner options like chicken and fish. In case of meats. Red meats are better than white meats. Fish is a rich source of omega 3 fatty acid which is helpful in many ways. Vegetarian options like soya chunks and skimmed mild are also good source of low fat proteins.
6. Think Ahead
With a baby at home it is sometimes hard to get time for cooking. Instead of bringing in outside food frequently, spend a few hours on sunday preparing food for the week if a maid is not available. Then divide it into individual servings and freez them. Help may be taken from family and friends to help you come back to action.
7. Get moving
A physiotherapist may help about easy exercise. Whenever it's time to get moving, take small steps to get started- try a walk around the neighborhood or look for local classes like post-partum yoga or aerobics, or even small walks with baby in a stroller. Try to bet 30 minutes of exercise, at least three time a week.
8. Load up on fiber
fiber not only makes you feel full, it also clears the bowels. Eat lots of soluble fiber foods such a oatmeal, fresh fruits and vegetables would be ideal.
Hi, I am a 39 year old healthy female. I prefer oral contraceptive pills" diane 35. What to do if I forget to take a pill on any particular day?
I am 26 years old female. I have sex with my husband on 23rd march and did not take any precautions. And I am not pregnant too. And my period should come on 11th and that day very little blood I have seen but after that its not flowing. This is the second time it has happened. What is my problem? At the age of 23 I have aborted a baby by operation.
Hi doctor. I had an medical abortion on april 1st. So. Severe bleeding with cramps. And on april 9th I had unprotected sex which was an accident though. So I took postpone 72 (single) at 11th hour after sex. I started to bleed on april 15th with clots and it lasted for 4 days with mild cramps. What could that be. Will the pill work out? I took a pregnancy test on april 19th but had had a positive test. Will tat be the left over hcg of the previous pregnancy? Im so much worried. Pls give me a clear Picture of what is happening. I don want become pregnant now. Help me pls.
There are certain glands in the vaginal walls and uterine cervix of a woman, which cleanse the vagina by producing a small amount of fluid. This clear or milky white coloured vaginal discharge is normal for a healthy woman if it doesn’t smell unpleasant. But if you observe that the colour, consistency, odour or amount of your vaginal discharge differs from usual, it may indicate an infection or a disease.
Here are 6 common factors behind abnormal vaginal discharge.
1. Bacterial vaginosis
Bacterial vaginosis is a medical condition characterised by agray discharge, which has a lingering fish-like odour. Moreover, if you experience irritation and burning sensation in the vagina, which is increased by intercourse, it’s a strong indication of bacterial vaginosis.
2. Yeast Infection
It often happens that your vaginal area’s natural bacterial balance is disturbed due to certain factors such as use of antibiotics, decreased immunity, stress, uncontrolled diabetes or consumption of excessive sugary foods. This results in yeast overgrowth in the vagina, known as simply yeast infection or candidiasis. It’s characterised by a thick and whitish-grey discharge from the vagina.
Caused by the bacteria Neisseria Gonorrhoea, this sexually transmitted disease (STD) is an infection, which causes vaginal discharge of an intense odour. Other symptoms of this disease include feeling of pain while urinating, chills, fever and irregular discharge of menstrual fluids. If left untreated, gonorrhoea can transform into a pelvic inflammatory disease and can even lead to infertility.
4. Genital Herpes
Genital herpes, a sexually transmitted disease (STD) that leads to formation of small watery blisters on the vaginal area, and causes irritation, itching and pain while having intercourse or urinating, may also be the cause of a vaginal discharge of watery texture.
5. Atrophic Vaginitis
After menopause, there’s a considerable decrease in oestrogen levels of the body along with the occurrence of changes in tissues of the vaginal cavity. This medical condition, known as atrophic vaginitis, can lead to a watery vaginal discharge, which can sometimes get bloody. Some other symptoms of this disease are vaginal inflammation and thinning or atrophy of tissues.
6. Infected IUD
In some situations, it may happen that the intrauterine device (IUD- a form of contraceptive) inserted in the body of a woman can get infected. This results in a purulent discharge (pus) from the vagina. Getting the IUD removed as soon as possible is the best thing to be done in this situation.
My wife is 7 weeks pregnant. We have done all blood test. TSH value is :- 3.5.Dr. Has told that it is slightly high. It should be below 2.5.But in thyroid report it shows normal range is around 4.5 - 5. Another Dr. Whom we prescribed this blood reports did not prescribed" thyroxine". But the Dr. Whom we are consulted for pregnancy has prescribed" thyroxine"daily in morning empty stomach. Kindly tell me what would be normal range for TSH for my wife who is pregnant? My wife do not have any thyroid issue before pregnancy. Her value before pregnancy was TSH :- 1. 7.Is this medicine normal for our baby? Thanks in advance for answer. Please guide properly. Why every Dr. Have different point of view?
According to Ayurveda, Panchakarma therapy aims at detoxifying the human body. “Pancha” means five and ‘karma’ means treatment. This comprises of 5 methods that are used to address the troublesome ‘doshas’ in the body. The excess doshas would be expelled and the ‘ama’ (toxins produced in the body) would be eliminated from the system through the body's own organs elimination channels (urinary tract, colon, sweat organs, digestive tract and the lungs).
The features of ‘Panchakarma’ include herbal enemas, herbal and oil massages as well as oil showers. Ayurveda prescribes Panchakarma as a regular treatment for the upkeep of mental and physical cleanliness and balance.
Similar to other medicinal procedures, for Panchakarma Therapy you must consult a qualified Ayurvedic physician who can decide the individual's ‘prakriti’ (established nature of the patient), the nature of the problem and the proper dosage of the recommended treatments.
This therapy makes use of a large number of therapies. Sometimes, a combination of two or three processes can be administered. The five different therapies are:
- Garshana: Garshana medications involve a dry lymphatic brushing of the skin either using a silk glove or a fleece. This improves blood circulation and cleanses the skin so that the oil and medication can seep naturally into the pores of the skin.
- Abhyanga: This home based oil massage helps the mind and body to unwind and separates the polluting influence as well as stimulate both blood and lymph flow. It helps in toning the body, improving circulation, restoring energy and providing relaxation.
- Swedana: It comprises of a typical steam treatment and is used to calm the head and heart, while the body warm. It also eliminates mental and physical toxins that are deeply embedded in the tissues.
- Pizichili: A non-stop stream of warm herbal oil is soothingly poured over the body by two Ayurvedic specialists as they back rub the body in impeccable harmony.
- Udvartana: This is a deeply infiltrating lymphatic massage which uses a paste to restore the natural radiance while eliminating other toxic elements.
I have severe stomach ache and vomiting s during periods of first day. I will get periods regularly once a month. I have been suffering since 3 years.
I had intercourse 4 days after periods and then after 3 days of sex I started ovulating can I be pregnant.
Sugar (cane sugar) is not only a big industry, but has been a part of many of our traditional foods. Somehow, today sugar has been given a tag of being an 'unhealthy' food. What we don't realize before we demonize a food is the reason behind it being called as 'unhealthy'. Sugar in small required amounts does not cause any health issue. What we don't realize is the amount of sugar that we are unknowingly consuming through foods like packaged cereals, juices, health drinks, pastries, burgers and even the so called 'low fat' packaged foods marketed as healthy foods. Excessive sugar in these forms can definitely become harmful. So, rather than banning sugar from your diet, try to make better food choices.
The steps you can take to reduce sugar intake in a week are
- Stay hydrated and avoid health drinks and packaged juices: Replace so-called health drinks and packaged juices with fresh drinks like lime water, coconut water, herbal teas and home-made fruit drinks like raw mango juice / aam panah and Water. The natural electrolytes will stop any craving for excessive sugar laden foods.
- Limit caffeine intake: Drinking coffee in the morning causes caffeine kick which spikes the energy levels in the body. As soon as this spike wears off, there is an intense sugar craving in the body.
- Eat more complex carbohydrates: Increasing consumption of complex carbohydrates such as whole grains and yams helps in stabilizing blood sugar levels in the body. This happens as they are digested slowly and help in controlling sugar cravings.
- Restrict salt intake: Excessive salt consumption can increase cravings for sugary foods. Eating too much salt can cause the body to balance out the flavors thus leading to increased sugar cravings.
- Exercise: Exercise causes perspiration in the body which helps in flushing out the salt and making the body alkaline thus reducing sugar cravings.
- Limit processed food intake: Eating naturally occurring foods such as grains and fruits are healthier than eating packaged foods. Packaged foods generally contain both added sugar and salt which tend to increase sugar cravings and promotes weight gain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Me and my boyfriend had sex but he didn't cum inside me. Is there any point to worry? Or do I need to take pill?
I am there, I hv 1yr 8 months old daughter. I want to stop breastfeeding. Can you suggest me some tips.
hello. I am physical attached to my b. F. But not do sex can you tell me is in that condition I am pregnant or not.
Due to my scanty periods I was advised to go for: 1: pelvic ultrasound before my periods, 2: OGTT on the second day of periods 3: LH/FSH on the third day of periods, I had my periods on 26/12/2015 exactly 28th day from my last periods as usual. The ultrasound suggests that both ovaries show multiple small follicles arranged peripherally with increased stromal echogenecity. Impression being: polycystic pattern of ovaries. For OGTT three blood samples were taken. First was while fasting then I was given 75gm of glucose, second sample was taken exactly 1 hour later and the last blood sample 1 hour after that. Results are: Fasting: 99.76 mg/dl 1 hr glucose: 156.80 mg/dl 2 hr glucose: 185.83 mg/dl LH: 3.28 mIu/mL FSH: 5.21mIu/ml The tests were advised because the doctor doubted PCOS. I won't be able to visit the doctor as of now. Can you please help me if I have this problem and what is the next step I have to take? And any medicines suggested? For further reference I stand 165 cm tall and weigh 75 kgs. And always get my periods on time. But they are very scanty. Just 2-3 days of cycle.
I am 23 years old I am in live in relationship with my boy friend. I am taking tablet krimson 35 from 4 months but last month I stopped to take it, this month I dont have menstruation is there any chance of pregnency. Please rply mi n give some advise for it.
Period is on but few drops only. Not regular one. Bloated can't breathe. Stressful month. Burning vagina.
Aloe vera is one of the most popular medicinal plants that have been in use for thousands of years. It is particularly famous for the treatment of skin injuries although it offers a host of health benefits. This short stemmed shiny plant stores moisture in its leaves and is widely used in the pharmaceutical, cosmetic and food industries. The gel within the aloe vera stem contains bioactive compounds found in plants such as vitamins, antioxidants and amino acids.
Some of the notable health benefits of Aloe Vera include the following,
- It contains antibacterial and antioxidant properties: Aloe Vera is known to contain the most beneficial antioxidants called as polyphenols. These polyphenols, as well as other similar compounds found on aloe vera, can prevent the growth of bacterial infections in human beings.
- Helps in healing cuts and burns: Aloe Vera can also be used as a topical medicine by applying the gel on the skin. It has been used since ancient times for the treatment of sores, cuts and burns which also includes sunburns. Aloe Vera is the first FDA approved ointment that got the status of an effective over-the-counter medication in the year 1959. It can, therefore, be used in first and even second degree burns.
- Prevents dental plaque: Tooth decay, as well as gum diseases, affect almost all individuals over the world. One of the best ways to steer clear of the oral infections is to prevent plaque buildup which is the bacterial biofilms on the teeth. The aloe vera mouthwash is as effective as chlorhexidine solutions in reducing the problems of dental plaque by killing the harmful yeast called Candida albicans and bacterium named Streptococcus mutans.
- Aids in the treatment of canker sores: Most people have experienced mouth ulcers or canker sores at least once in their lifetime. It mostly affects the area underneath the lip or inside the mouth and can be very painful at times. Several studies show that aloe vera gel helps in accelerating the healing process of canker sores.
- Reduces constipation: The latex of aloe vera has been found beneficial in the treatment of constipation. The latex is the sticky yellow residue underneath the leaf skin and contains aloin and barbaloin which offers effective latex effect.
- Prevent formation of wrinkles: Topical aloe vera gel assists in slowing down the ageing process with regular usage. Using aloe vera gel regularly helps in boosting the production of collagen and improves skin elasticity within three months of regular usage.
- Lowers down blood sugar levels: There was a time when aloe vera was used as a conventional remedy for diabetes. Aloe vera helps in enhancing insulin sensitivity as well as managing blood sugar levels. It has been used in numerous animals and humans affected with type 2 diabetes and the results are impressive enough to regard it as an alternative treatment option.
Along with these benefits, aloe vera juice is regarded as a sustainable way of weight management which has made it a well-favoured choice of overweight people all over the world.