Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sushma RanaYour feedback matters!
Acne problem on my face from a long period time but after taking lot of wrong treatment my skin is now very bad to look so what should I do for a better skin.
Dear Doctor, I have an doubt that I am taking Tablets for Diabatees since 2010, controlled my diabeties. Any side effect for taking medicines for long period ? .
How to prevent heart deceases? Or heart attack? Any preventive measures are there to avoid it? Pls advice.
I am 20 years old and I am suffering from whitening of hair as a serious issue. Let me know how to fix the issue then consuming some vitamin tablet or something like that.
I am 30 years old person now I have hair fall problem due to more sebum secretion and dandruff problem.
I am losing natural color of my hair front and near by ear right and left hair going white Please help me I am too much tired becoz of before age I am looking older. And one more thing I do not want to do color die. Suggest natural trick and reason also One more thing my stomach area also have increase fat day by day I want to reduce my belly area and stomach too.
Iam 20 year old. For the past 3 years iam getting pimples on my face. How to stop it. Tried everything. No use.
I am over feared. When I become feared or anxious my foot and palms will become cold as ice. I likes loneliness. Sometimes I am afraid and sometimes brave of everything. I usually dreams. Maybe all the time, even in sleep. Day dreaming is too a problem. My body does a thing and my mind thinks about something else. One day I was reading something in public (a big article) I read it continuously but my mind was somewhere else. But I finally woke from day dream (without closing eyes. And found out I finished quater of the article.
My friend had unprotected sex with her boyfriend on 27th August and she took ipill (ecp) after 7 hours of intercourse. After 4 days I.e. On 1 september she started bleeding which continued till 4th September. Then she did home 4 urine pregnancy test after 21 days of intercourse, 28 days, 35 days and 42 days of intercourse. All the test came NEGATIVE. She did a beta hcg test on 18th October which was 51 days after intercourse. The result was <1.2miU/mL. Then after 5 days i.e. On 23 October she started bleeding which continued till 29th October. Last month also she bleed from 23 November to 29th November. This month also bleeding started from 21st December. Question 1: Pregnant or not? Question 2: are these the actual periods?
Dear Dr. My wife is suffering from vaginal itching and lot of whitish liquid flows from the vagina, is this the problem of itching or both are different problems can you please let us know how to cure it.
Hi Doctor, My friend and her girlfriend indulged in protected sex 2 weeks ago. My friend is 110% sure that, nothing was released inside. Her gf's periods also started normally, on the desired date. Its just that the flow is not as expected and little slow and also the pain which used to happen every time is less. His girlfriend recently got up from up from a heavy dancing routine and sickness. Doc prescribed her heavy dosage of antibiotics and other medicines and she also remained in work related tension few days back. Can you please tell the possible reason of this low period flow? Thanks.
I have oily skin and pimples and acne refuse to go, often they comes out again and again I did many treatments for it but they dont go away I need solution?
Dry mouth or Xerostomia is characterized by the drying of the mouth as a result of reduced saliva secretion. Secretion of an adequate amount of saliva helps in chewing & swallowing of food which in turn creates a healthy oral cavity. A recent study showed that women have more chances of getting a dry mouth as compared to men. If not diagnosed on time, dry mouth might lead to mouth infections, severe damage to the teeth enamel and gingivitis.
The symptoms of dry mouth include, but are not limited to:
- Craving for water in regular intervals.
- Swollen tongue.
- Dry eye.
- Significant trouble while swallowing, speaking or chewing along with disturbing bad breath.
- Severe headaches and formations of ulcers in the mouth
1. This condition might occur as a side effect of:
a. Other serious conditions such as GERD, Alzheimer's disease, HIV/AIDS etc.
b. Side effects of medical treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy; this might result in significant damage to the salivary glands.
c. Side effects of drugs prescribed for diarrhea, nausea, asthma, obesity, depression, Parkinson's disease etc.
2. Abnormal consumption of marijuana, crystal methamphetamine and tobacco might cause dry mouth.
3. It can occur during pregnancy and breastfeeding, dry mouth can be a common occurrence because of acute dehydration.
4. Sleep apnea, snoring and breathing through your mouth instead of the nose on a daily basis might induce dry mouth.
5. Severe damage to the nerves might result in dry mouth conditions.
- A healthy amount of water consumption, about 3 liters every day, will help to keep the mouth wet.
- Application of toothpaste and mouthwashes containing fluoride twice a day will help to keep the mouth moist.
- You should change the dosages of medicines after consulting your doctor if Xerostomia is primarily occurring as a result of side effect of the drugs.
- Prescribed dosage of medicines such as "Pilocarpine" might induce increased saliva secretion.
- Try breathing through the nose instead of your mouth to avoid Xerostomia.
Polycystic ovary disease or PCOD is a variant of hormonal disorder which is known to affect 1 out of 10 women. PCOD is a condition in which a woman has numerous small cysts in the ovaries. It can lead to unregulated hormonal cycle and may also trigger high blood pressure, diabetes, acne, infertility and growth of hair on the cheek, chin and chest.
How may PCOD be helped with diet?
Though there is no way to reverse the effects of PCOD, it can be managed with adequate exercise and well-regulated diet. So, if you are disturbed by the effects of PCOD, you can try these tips to help your situation.
Eat more fruits and vegetables: Many health experts are of the opinion that fruits and vegetables can eliminate toxins from the body. You should also avoid dairy-based products as they can trigger insulin levels aggravating acne and other skin problems.
- Eat lean meat but stay away from red meat: In 2013, a study reported that consuming red meat can increase the risk of infertility and therefore, you must try to avoid it. You must also limit the consumption of sugary foods and drinks.
- Stay away from saturated and hydrogenated fats: Saturated fats are available naturally in some foods such as pork, lamb, beef, cheese etc. and they can cause a hike in your cholesterol and blood sugar levels. It is therefore suggested to check the labels of food products to make sure that the baked foods you are consuming are free from saturated and hydrogenated fats.
- Pick a food with low glycemic index: Women who are suffering from PCOD suffer from insulin resistance and as a result, should consume the foods that are meant for diabetics. So your foods should be rich in fibre content with a limited amount of carbohydrates and processed foods. Foods made of whole wheat and whole grain should be avoided. You can eat brown rice, wheat pasta and poha made of brown rice.
- Drink lots of water: Women suffering from PCOD can experience water retention. So, you should eat small and frequent meals along with a lot of water all through the day.
Besides following all these tips, it is crucial to workout for about 30 to 60 minutes in a day for reducing your insulin resistance, which may make you overweight and even obese. This, in turn, would cause irregularity of hormonal levels and host a lot of other problems.