Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sushma Passi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sushma PassiYour feedback matters!
Procrastination is a phenomenon that all people are familiar with. It is the squandering away of time in the pursuit of meaningless fulfillments at the cost of important targets and responsibilities. The more urgent tasks are constantly being put off for a later time.
In some cases, it becomes a chronic problem that can lead to severe difficulties in life. When one keeps delaying the confrontation of essential commitments, it can have a tremendous negative impact on life in the form of failure, stress, and embarrassment.
Whether you are a chronic procrastinator or an occasional one, there is always room for improvement. Following are a few examples of ways in which you can keep procrastination at bay:
1. Make a list - This is the simplest and most effective way to avoid procrastinating. It is helpful if one lists down all the necessary things that need to be done. Having a visual reminder of tasks and goals can increase motivation to accomplish them at the earliest.
2. Set a deadline - Time management is the most important aspect of avoiding procrastination. For every task that you set yourself, chalk out a time frame within which it must be completed so that no time is wasted.
3. Fragment your goals - Consider breaking your tasks into a set of mini-tasks and tackling each of those at a time instead of trying to accomplish the entire thing at one go. The larger the task, the more overwhelming it appears. Mini-tasks are easier to complete and hence this method can help in the prevention of procrastination.
4. Reward yourself - Devising a reward system that lets you celebrate accomplishments can act as a boost to morale and provide motivation for working consistently. Treat yourself after every achievement as a prize for all your efforts.
5. Eliminate all distractions - There will always be distractions all around that keep you from focusing on your goals. These add to the tendency to procrastinate and must be identified, and removed from the environment in which you are required to work.
6. Start right away - As the saying goes, there's no time like the present. Taking immediate action is the only real way to avoid procrastination. Identify your goals and get started on them at the earliest in order to achieve the fruits of your labor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
I have white vaginal discharge. It's start after my period and still now. My period date is over. No itching but a burning sensation is present. What can I do?
Now i'm enjoying sex life from last 1 year with my girlfriend. Now my girlfriend's vagina little bit loose compare to beginning. My girlfriend asking me how to tight vagina at home with home remedies please suggest me what should I do?
To avoid pregnancy lube or pills which is better ,is their any natural ways like eating natural foods.
Today I went intimate with my girl friend and she felt that I put some sperm in her vagina. Although I ejaculated outside her vagina. Now I worried and I am not sure about her complaint. When can I go for pregnancy test.
Is it essential to surgery in case of cyst in overy (size 8.0 to 8.5 cm). I want to avoid surgery, and want to recover with medicine. Thanks.
I'm 18. I had i-pill on 4 th may and my periods ended on 3 rd may.in June my periods was in time it was normal and lasted for 4 days. But in July I've no periods yet. Few days ago when I again had sex it bleed a little for a while during sex and no more blood was seen after few minutes. I also had history of pcos and came over my delayed periods with medication few months ago. What might be the reason for my delayed periods now? Why did it bleed that way during sex? What should I do?
Exercising during pregnancy is beneficial not only for the expectant mother but also for the growing fetus. The effects of exercise at this time can be seen immediately and last a lifetime. Unless a woman suffers from a medical condition, she should have at least 20-30 minutes of moderate exercise a day when pregnant. Here are a few ways you can benefit from exercising when pregnant.
- Energy Boosts- Carrying a growing fetus can take away a lot of your energy leaving you feeling tired and listless. Exercising strengthens your cardiovascular system and circulatory system this giving you more energy to get through the day. It also strengthens and tones your muscles so that the effort needed for any activity is reduced.
- Improves your Sleep- Though exercise gives you a boost of energy, it also tires the muscles, thus making it easier to fall asleep at the end of the day. This is important, especially in the later stages of pregnancy where finding a comfortable position to sleep in becomes difficult.
- Lower the Risk of Pregnancy-related Complications- Regular exercise when pregnant can help reduce the risk of suffering from complications like gestational diabetes and preeclampsia. Even if you are suffering from these complications, regular exercise can help manage the condition and treat it.
- Reduce Discomfort- During pregnancy, your muscles shift and skin stretches to accommodate the growing fetus. Regular exercise can help strengthen the muscles and reduce the aches and pains associated with pregnancy. While walking can improve circulation, swimming strengthens the abdominal muscles.
- Make Childbirth Easier- Childbirth is considered by many to be the most painful part of pregnancy. If you choose to have a natural delivery, it requires stamina, focus and determination. Exercise tones the muscles and build stamina thus making it easier to push the baby out. Exercise is also said to reduce the time taken for child birth.
- Fight Stress- Pregnancy plays with your hormones a lot can lead to mood swings and depression. Exercise boosts serotonin or happy hormone levels. This helps raise your spirits and fight stress.
- Get back into shape after childbirth- Pregnancy is characterized by weight gain that can be difficult to lose after child birth. However, if you exercise regularly when pregnant, this weight gain is restricted and the excess kilos are easier to lose. This is because your muscles have been toned throughout pregnancy and the weight gain is more muscle oriented than fat. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
दुनिया भर में सर्पगंधा की कई प्रजातियां पाई जाती हैं. लेकिन यदि बात इसके औषधीय पौधों की करें तो इसमें सभी लगभग एक समान ही हैं. हलांकि अलग-अलग क्षेत्रों के हिसाब से इनमें कई गुण अलग-अलग भी हैं लेकिन कुछ गुणों में समानता भी है. सर्पगंधा का वैज्ञानिक नाम रावोल्फिया सर्पेंटीना है. जैसा कि नाम से ही स्पष्ट है सर्पगंधा, सांप के काटने में बहुत उपयोगी साबित होता है. इसकी जड़ का औषधीय इस्तेमाल बहुत व्यापक है. आइए सर्पगंधा के फायदे और नुकसान को जानने की कोशिश करते हैं.
1. सांप काटने में
सर्पगंधा का इस्तेमाल विभिन्न प्रकार के जहरीले पदार्थों को निष्क्रिय करने में किया जाता है. इसलिए सर्प दंश के उपचार में भी यह बहुत महत्वपूर्ण भूमिका निभाता है. इसके अलावा सर्पगंधा का उपयोग ज्वर, अतिसार और हैजा जैसी समस्याओं के उपचार में भी किया जाता है. सांप के काटने सांप काटने के उपचार में सर्पगंधा की जड़ का एक से दो तोला पानी के साथ घीसें. फिर इसे जिस व्यक्ति को सांप ने काटा है उसे पिलायें और जहाँ सांप ने काटा है वहां पर इसका लेप करें. ऐसा करने से विषाक्तता कम होती हैं इसके अलावा सर्पगंधा की ताजी पत्तियों को पांव के तलवे के नीचे लगाने से भी लाभ मिलता है.
2. नींद ना आने पर
नींद ना आने की बीमारी जिसे अनिद्रा कहा जाता है. उसमें भी सर्पगंधा काफी लाभदायक साबित होता है. इसके अलावा बेचैनी, थकान और अनिद्रा जैसी समस्याओं में भी काफी राहत देने का काम करता है. यदि आप भी अनिद्रा के शिकार हैं तो सोने सोने से पहले एक चौथाई छोटा चम्मच सर्पगंधा चूर्ण को घी के साथ मिलाकर सेवन करें. ऐसा करने से आपको अनिद्रा में लाभ मिलता है.
3. ह्रदय रोग से सम्बंधित विकारों में
हृदय रोग से संबंधित कई तरह के विकारों को दूर करने में सर्पगंधा की भूमिका महत्वपूर्ण होती है. सर्पगंधा हमारे दिल की गति को सामान्य करता. इसके अलावा सर्पगंधा की जड़ों कारस दिया और उच्च रक्तचाप के लिए भी अत्यंत महत्वपूर्ण औषधि है. सर्पगंधा धमनियों के साथ होने स्ट्रोक और दिल के दौरे जैसी स्थिति हो को भी कम कर सकता है.
4. पीरियड्स के दौरान
सर्पगंधा महिलाओं के अनियमित हो रहे पीरियड्स को नियमित करने में भी काफी मददगार साबित होता है. इसके अलावा पीरियड्स के दौरान होने वाली विभिन्न परेशानियों को भी दूर करने में इसकी भूमिका होती है. इस दौरान होने वाले अवसाद मैडम सूजन आदि को भी यह सर्पगंधा दूर करता है.
5. गठिया के उपचार में
सर्पगंधा का उपयोग गठिया पीड़ित भी कर सकते हैं. जोड़ों में होने वाले दर्द को भी सर्पगंधा की सहायता से दूर किया जा सकता है. इसके अलावा सर्पगंधा का उपयोग मोतियाबिंद, शीघ्रपतन और जल्दी स्खलन आदि के उपचार में भी किया जाता है. यदि आप भी इन समस्याओं से दो-चार हो रहे हैं तो इसका इस्तेमाल करें.
सर्पगंधा के नुकसान
- तनाव से पीड़ित व्यक्ति इसका इस्तेमाल नहीं करें.
- गर्भवती महिलाएं और स्तनपान कराने वाली माताएं सर्पगंधा का इस्तेमाल करने से बचें.
- कई लोगों के लिए सर्पगंधा का इस्तेमाल पेट में जलन जैसी समस्याओं को जन्म दे सकता है.
- शराबी लोग भी इसका इस्तेमाल करने से बचे. क्योंकि इससे नींद आने की समस्या उत्पन्न हो सकती है.
- सर्पगंधा में पाए जाने वाले रसायन की वजह से कुछ लोगों को नाशिक खून बने उल्टी होने जी मत लाने और भूख न लगने जैसे समस्या हो सकती हैं.
- कोशिश करें कि किसी चिकित्सक की सलाह से ही सर्पगंधा का सेवन करें.
Hi all. Am 8 weeks pregnant now. My lmp on 4th feb 2017 and ovulated on 20th feb. My menstrual cycle was irregular and by using come50 mg tablet I conceived. On 3rd apr I went for my 1st ultrasound but doc said that the fetal pole and yolk sac are not seen. Gestational sac measures 18 mm now and it showing 6 weeks growth only. So they told me to come after 2 weeks for scan. Is this normal. Am worrying alot. please help me.
Uterine fibroid of 18 mm seen in pelvic ultrasound in 8 weeks of pregnancy. What may be the effect of this fibroids in my pregnancy?
Can I be pregnant if I had 5 motnhs normal periods? the area aorund naval is hard, I can feel the muscles tight there. But I dont have any pregnancy symptom. I have gained little belly fat. I did a pregnancy test last week and it was negative. I did ultrasound when I thought I was 2 months pregnant. It was normal, no pregnancy. Is it pscychological? or any chance of pregnancy?
Keep getting boils on my uvula though they get cured but the frequency had increased to almost once a month.
I was detected with pcod 2 years back .I felt that my weight is gaining so I started gaining and dieting ,the progress is reduced slightly .is I have to do gyming and dieting throughout the life .my weight is now 49 kg and height is 147 cm is my weight is ohkk or I have to decrease and upto what kgs I have to decrease. Plzz tell me and I am a mbbs student so I don't get enough time so is discontinuing gym lead to weight gain.
Hello mam I am 25 years old and I am in a relationship with my husband. Recently during my periods time .1st day I have seen brown blood coming and 2 nd day I have seen red blood and 3rd, 4th and 5th day I have seen brown blood. May I know the reasons and is there any abdomen scanning required before consulting a doctor.
I'm 37 years old female. And my period is delayed 3 to 4 months. Since one and half year i'm facing this problem.
I am 26 year old, female married my menstrual cycle before two months short. What the reason of causes.
The part of the woman’s reproductive system where the eggs are stored and released for fertilisation, are known as the ovaries. The ovaries also produce various hormones. When a female patient has to go through a procedure to remove the ovaries, this surgical procedure is known as an oophorectomy. The patient may have to go through this procedure for a number of reasons. Let us find out more about the procedure and the recovery of the patient thereafter.
Causes: There are a number of reasons as to why a patient may have to go through this procedure. One of the most common reasons include pelvic diseases like ovarian cancer which makes it imperative to remove the ovaries so that the cancer does not spread to any other part of the uterus or the rest of the body. Also, when the endometriosis becomes particularly painful and severe, the patient may have to go through a hysterectomy to remove the uterus and an oophorectomy to remove the ovaries. Most of the times, these two procedures go hand in hand. Also, when the patient is suffering from breast cancer, the doctor may deem it fit to remove the ovaries to stop the spread and growth of the cancer. Other hereditary diseases may also be treated with this procedure.
Preparation: In order to prepare for the surgery, one will need to go through a series of imaging tests like an ultrasound as well as an MRI scan which will help the doctor decide on the kind of procedure that needs to be carried out. Most doctors will ask you to stop eating at least a day before the surgery and to ingest a solution so that the intestines are properly cleaned out. Also, if you are taking any kind of medication, you will need to stop taking the same before the surgery.
Procedure: The procedure can be done either with one large incision or with multiple small incisions, depending on the area and the severity of the problem that is being treated. The surgeon will insert a small tube bearing a camera into this incision, which in turn will beam the images on to a screen in the operating theatre. The ovaries will be separated from the blood supply before the tissue surrounding them will be placed in a pouch. This pouch will be pulled out through the smaller incisions.
Recovery: How soon you recover depends on how soon you choose to sit up and start walking after the surgery. One can get back to normal life within a few weeks or a month after the surgery by taking small steps every day. Complete recovery takes about six weeks. f you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.