Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sushma MittalYour feedback matters!
I had two time miscarriage. N my reports says I have rubella problem. That's why doctor give me rubella vaccine. And told me don't be pregnant for two month. Now my question is that after this vaccine can I be a pregnant if my first time Conceive or it take more times?
Over the years, infidelity has surfaced as the single most common reason that has the ability to shatter and dismantle a perfectly happy relationship. Infidelity can occur in any and every form of relationship and in each of them it is deemed as unacceptable and uncalled for. And each of them leaves the persons with feelings of betrayal, anger and guilt. There are 101 reasons for infidelity – even among the harmonious marriages - emotional disconnection from a partner is cited one of the most common causes. Feeling deprived of affection, appreciation, emotional support, feeling lonely and sad and the consequent feelings of anger and resentment all culminate into why people stray.
- Bad judgment - But it could be as simple as impulsive decisions and acts too. The primary relationship (that is, the relationship with the spouse or long-term partner) maybe perfectly harmonious, yet in a momentary attraction and a rash decision a person may sow the seeds for infidelity.
- Sexual dissatisfaction - Sexual dissatisfaction is stated as another important cause.
- Search for an emotional connect - Many a time, it's also the urge for attention, to be flattered, and to be attracted by someone, causes infidelity.
Whatever the reasons for one to stray away, the act shatters the trust of the betrayed persons, and everything they believe to be true about the partner. People find themselves crying a lot, not being able to concentrate, being upset, and feeling depressed. The most common and devastating outcome of infidelity is the end of a relationship. However, emotions change over time. Once the initial shock is over, there are steps one might try before walking out of the relationship-
- Ending the affair immediately - The first and foremost step that one must take in overcoming infidelity is to end the affair immediately. If your relationship is important to you, then it would require your complete investment both physically and emotionally. You must snap all contacts with the other person and concentrate on rebuilding your relationship with renewed faith and trust.
- Open discussion - If you want the relationship to work then you must have a completely free and open discussion with your partner. Coming clean about your past affair is imperative if you want to begin anew. Your partner deserves a complete, honest discussion and you must do it delicately and with a lot of care.
- Willingness to compromise - Beginning a relationship after confessing about the past relationships requires a lot of hard work and compromises. It will take a long time for the relationship to be nearly what it was before the infidelity and you should take complete responsibility for it, as well as have a willingness to compromise on certain issues.
- Marriage therapy - Apart from attempts to amend yourself, you can also take the help of a marriage therapist. A marriage counselor or a therapist can, through a series of sessions of discussions and sound counsels, avert the possible ending of the relationship. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
In mornings near to my period days, my face, hands and foot got swelling. This lead to headache in the noon. Happens before and after the periods.
I am 8 months pregnant now, that is 34 weeks pregnant, I had tiffa scanning on my 31st week, and it that report they mentioned placenta is anterior grade ll, what is its meaning, can I know the gender of baby through this. Please let me know asap, thanks & regards.
I am having continuous periods (for about 15 days now), in little amounts and then again it stops. I have an irregulatory issue but this time its a bit different where it starts and then stops. Its continuing for about 15 days now. I am 37 years old and a mother of a 8 year old daughter. Please advice as I am utterly tensed.
Ivf vs. Surrogacy: which is the better option?
Both IVF (in vitro fertilisation) and surrogacy are alternative methods of having a baby and can be resorted to when a couple cannot conceive the natural way. The reason behind the inability to conceive can be due various reasons ranging from infertility and low sperm count (in men) to damaged fallopian tubes and early menopause (in women).
You can opt for either surrogacy or IVF if you've been trying to conceive for more than a year without any results. But which of the two should you opt for? well, there are three things you must keep in mind before making a choice.
How does it work?
Surrogacy is opted for when the woman is unable to conceive by natural means, and when there's no possibility of her getting pregnant whatsoever. Surrogacy can be of two types- full surrogacy and partial surrogacy. Full surrogacy involves the implantation of sperms and eggs of the couple into the uterus of the surrogate mother; while partial surrogacy involves the fertilisation of the surrogate mother's egg by the sperm of the intended father. By opting for surrogacy the woman partner is unable to carry the child, a desire that is present in most women.
On the other hand, ivf works towards the treatment of infertility in one or both the partners, enabling the woman partner to conceive the child. Ivf involves the fertilisation of a woman's eggs by the sperm of the intended father in a laboratory dish. The developed embryo (or fertilised egg) is then implanted in the woman's uterus. This is a viable option for couples who want to have a baby on their own.
Chances of a successful pregnancy are usually higher with surrogacy when compared to IVF.
The risks involved
Risks of surrogacy include multiple births, ectopic pregnancy (implantation of the fertilised egg in the fallopian tube instead of the uterus, leading to miscarriage) and birth defects in the child, to name a few. Apart from that, the genes of the surrogate mother can affect the development of the unborn baby; hence, a surrogate mother has to be chosen with utmost care.
As for risks associated with IVF, ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (swollen and painful ovaries), multiple births, ectopic pregnancy and stress can take place if ivf is opted for.
The legal process
Surrogacy requires the fulfilment of complex legal processes such as determining eligibility, matching profiles of surrogates with intended parents, finding of a potential surrogate and more, which require proper legal counselling. Besides the cost of surrogacy in India is roughly inr 8, 25, 000.
Ivf does not involve any such processes and is easier to carry out. The cost of IVF in India can range between inr 2, 50, 000 to inr 4, 50, 000, making it a much more viable option.
Based on these factors, you can make the choice of a procedure that is best suited for you.
Related Tip: BUSTED: 4 Myths on IVF Infertility Treatment