Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sushma JindalYour feedback matters!
Vaginal candidiasis (yeast) is a recurrent problem. Even after maintaining proper hygiene. What can be done? Suggest some treatment plans.
I have taken ipill on 28th of March and my menses were scheduled on 10th of april which is delayed for 16days as of know. I took home pregnancy test on 18th which was a week later after the missed periods. It was negative and today I again repeated the test with early morning pee. After two weeks delay. Again negative. Please advice the reason for missed periods and is the test reliable as I have tested twice after one week delay of period and repeated after another week. Please advice. Thank you!
Can I be pregnant if I do sex wearing panty and my fiance ejaculate far away not on my panty? Please advise.
Her boobs were so small, she is 19 years old, she is trying to make her boobs big. Please give some exercise or some other tip to get big boobs.
My wife have some time problem of white water flow at the urinal place will you please tell me what is its causes as well as it will be effect in future when she will be pregnant?
Most couples dream of holding their first-born in their arms. But there are others who also dread the prospect of taking such a responsibility. Some are not sure and some cannot wait. It's important to know the fact that life certainly changes forever the moment a small bundle of joy enters your life. And there are many factors involved.
If you wish to know if you and your partner are ready to have a baby, check for these points:
1. You're excited
The first sign that you need to look out for, and which points out that you're ready to start a family of your own is you're eager and excited to welcome the newest addition. Reading baby books and blogs, thinking of ideas on how to decorate the room for your baby, or keeping yourself up-to-date on the latest parenting news may be certain signs that indicate your eagerness to have a baby of your own.
2. You're financially ready
Another indication that you may be ready to welcome a baby in your family is when you have every financial aspect sorted out, including investments and savings. The ideal financial plan should be such that you're able to add to your savings as well as build up a retirement corpus while still being able to sustain the lifestyle that you and your partner would like. Most importantly, sticking to the financial plan is as important as coming up with one.
3. You can empathise
A quality that every would-be parent needs to have is empathy. The ability to put yourself in another person's shoes is vital before you can bring another human being into the world. You and your partner may have different empathy levels, which you need to know beforehand as parenting also involves empathising with your child's pain fears, needs, and worries and so on.
4. You're ready to make a professional sacrifice
Having a baby also calls for making a professional sacrifice as looking after a baby is not an easy task. You or your partner may have to take a long break from work. It's, therefore, vital to see where you and your partner stand in your careers.
5. You have support
Having experienced people around you or people you can trust can help ease the days that usually follow on the arrival of this newest visitor. Your support could be in the form of your parents or in-laws who can look after your child while you go for work or take rest. Other support systems that you can consider are day care.
Above all, you need to be the best version of yourself before taking on this additional responsibility.
I am 21 years old female suffering from pcod. My doctor suggest me birth control pills (ginette35. Bt I did not get my period after having it. Now am on the 27th day. I yet did not get the period. What should I do now? Should I continue with the medicine or consult the doctor again?
People who have healthy sex life are not only happier but also healthier than those who don't. Here are 9 health benefits you never knew sex can provide -
1) Rocking Immune System: Regular sex ensures higher levels of what defends your body against germs, viruses, and other intruders.
2) Lowers Blood Pressure: One landmark study found that sexual intercourse specifically (not masturbation) lowered systolic blood pressure.
3) Great Exercise: Sex is a really great form of exercise. It is a muscular exercise that burns calories and increases your heart rate.
4) Lowers Heart Attack Risk: Great sex life is good for your heart. It not just raises your heart rate, sex helps keep your estrogen and testosterone levels in balance.
5) Reduces Pain: Getting an orgasm can block pain. Vaginal stimulation can block chronic back and leg pain, and can reduce menstrual cramps, arthritic pain, and in some cases even headache.
6) Improves Sleep: People usually dose of quickly after sex and tend to get a sound sleep.
7) Relieves Stress: Sexual arousal releases a brain chemical that revs up your brain's pleasure and reward system. Sex and intimacy relieve you of stress and boost your self-esteem and happiness too.
8) Reduces Risk Of Prostate Cancer: A study, published in the Journal of the American Medical Association revealed that men who ejaculated frequently (at least 21 times a month) were less likely to get prostate cancer.
9) Helps Women's Bladder Control: Incontinence, a problem that affects about 30% of women at some point in their lives is helped with a regular sex. Good sex is like a workout for their pelvic floor muscles. An orgasm causes contractions in those muscles thus strengthening them
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
Diabetes is a condition wherein one suffers from high blood sugar levels. Gestational diabetes is a form of diabetes which occurs only during pregnancy. It is certainly possible to bear a healthy child, provided certain lifestyle modifications are adhered to. Once the baby is born, the condition usually tends to disappear. However, this does make you prone to Type 2 diabetes (a condition wherein the body is unable to utilize the insulin effectively).
High blood sugar levels during pregnancy can affect the baby. It usually gives rise to complications such as high blood sugar levels in the baby, impaired functioning of the pancreas in order to produce insulin, and excess sugar deposits in the form of fats. The baby might also become predisposed to jaundice and other breathing difficulties.
Pregnancy causes the placenta to produce hormones that impair the functioning of insulin. The pancreas too does not produce the required amount of insulin. Both these factors contribute to the rise of sugar levels in the body.
There are certain factors which may put you at risk of being affected by gestational diabetes –
A family history of diabetes
Past history of the condition
There are measures one can adopt to reduce risks of this disorder. Shed the extra pounds and maintain optimal weight levels. An active lifestyle would ensure proper utilization of the insulin by the body. The main goal of treating gestational diabetes is to get the blood sugar levels back to normal. This can be done by:
Insulin Shots: Insulin shots help normalize and regulate high blood sugar levels. Another advantage is that these shots do not affect the baby.
Diet: A healthy eating plan helps prevent sudden surge in blood sugar. You have to be conscious of the type of foods you eat and be mindful of the portions you eat. Processed foods should be avoided; instead the focus should be on natural foods.
Being Physical Active: Pregnancy does put certain restrictions on your mobility and your ability to perform certain exercises. Hence, an exercise plan should be designed accordingly. In times such as these, cardio vascular exercises, such as brisk walking, swimming or Yoga should be enjoying maximum priority in your list of the doable exercises. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
I am 27 old male. Just New married couple I m asking. Kya ek baar sex karne se women pregnant ho jati hai. I need time answer on urgent basis.
HI, I have got 1st pregnancy in 2nd month abortion and 2nd pregnancy I got a miscarriage in 24th week what kind of care I have to take for next to achieve my child.
Sir, I am married but we have no child is the first time in my life and a new couples and Please suggest what to do?.
Hi, My wife is pregnant for 1 month. She is getting stomach and vomit. Please give me idea how we can reduce it. We are consulting with a doctor but no relief so far. Please suggest.
What are Autoimmune Disorders?
It is a disorder of the immune system where the immune system can get ‘hyperactive’ or on the other end of the spectrum can become exceptional slow in its response to germs and bacterium, leaving the individual vulnerable to a host of infections and diseases.
When in ‘Hyper mode’ the body’s immune system starts producing antibodies (White Blood Cells) attacking and damaging the body’s own tissues (Red Blood Cells) beyond repair. Treatment of the Auto-Immune diseases generally focuses on reducing the activity levels of the immune system so as to let the Red Blood Cells multiply and heal the body to an extent.
Not all Auto Immune diseases are life threatening or terminal in nature. Some are even classified as “commonly occurring” disorders in the larger population. Examples of these would be –
1) Psoriasis – A Skin disorder where overactive immune system blood cells called T-cells collect in the skin. The immune system activity stimulates skin cells to replicate rapidly, producing layers of silvery scaly plaques on the skin. These often look like ‘Dandruff’ and can be seen all over the individual’s body, accompanied by severe itching and skin irritability. Psoriasis is often triggered due to stress and hormonal imbalances along with other environmental factors such as poor hygiene, inadequate diet, lack of sleep etc. Along with oral medication, lifestyle changes such as reducing stress at work or home, making sure one gets at least 8 hours of restful sleep per night and regular head and body massages are known to help reduce the severity of the problem to a great extent.
2) Rheumatoid Arthritis – The hyper immune system produces antibodies that attach themselves to the joint linings and then start to eat away at the cartilage and tissues causing swelling or inflammation and a sharp stabbing continuous pain. Oral medication along with gentle cardio (slow walking) and stretching exercise routines such as Yoga, Tai Chi and Pilates are known to have countered the ill-effects of this movement restricting disorder, to a large extent.
3) Aggravated Thyroid – An aggravated thyroid is a result of the excessive antibodies produced by an overactive immune system which attack the thyroid gland and slowly destroy the cells that produce the all-important thyroid hormone. Prolonged negligence or when left undetected for long, it often leads to Grave’s Disease (linked to hyperthyroidism) or Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis (linked to hypothyroidism.) The former can lead to weight-loss, bulging eyes, rapid heart-rate, and chronic fatigue while the later often causes sudden weight gain, depressed state of mind, dry skin and severe constipation. A good way to avoid diseases of the thyroid would be to maintain a healthy active lifestyle and a stable healthy body weight. It is also recommended that one goes in for regular preventive health check-ups for early detection of any thyroid related disorders.
A little can go a long way in limiting ill effects of autoimmune disorders.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.