Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SushmaYour feedback matters!
Last month I was sex with my classmate. Now she is pregnant. We decided to abort it. How can abort by natural home made things? please help me.
Benefits of carom seeds (ajwain) for digestion, pain relief, and skin!
Carom is a prominent Indian herb that, apart from being used in cooking, comes loaded with many health benefits. Check out these unbeatable benefits you must have carom every day.
1. Cures acidity: powdered mixture of carom seeds, cumin seeds, and dry ginger powder relieves of acid reflux and acidity.
2. Treats constipation: carom seeds when consumed with lukewarm water help in treating constipation.
3. Relieves asthma: concoction of carom seeds helps in expelling mucus from the body and eases the condition of acute asthmatic patients. When consumed with jaggery, it effectively treats bronchitis.
4. Subsides renal pain: concoction of carom seeds helps in subsiding renal pains that may be due to an infection in kidneys or even liver.
5. Eases toothache: mix 1 teaspoon of carom oil with equal amount of clove oil. Floss your teeth and gums with this mixture to cure mouth odor, tooth ache or decaying.
6. Treats skin ailments: make a paste of carom seeds to apply over skin eruption, pimples, boils. This paste can even render relief to eczema patients.
7. Regulates pms: soak carom seeds over night and grind finely. Drink this to regulate scanty or excessive flow during PMS.
8. Benefits in arthritis: massage carom oil over painful joints and get relief from rheumatic pain.
9. Cures diarrhea: acute diarrhea can be easily cured with carom seeds. Prepare a brew of carom seeds to be consumed two times a day.
10: lightens facial scars: mix carom seeds powder with curd to be applied over acne scars. Follow this remedy consistently for 10 days and scars will start getting lighter.
11. Acts a mosquito repellent: mix carom seeds powder with mustard oil. Now smear this mixture over cardboard pieces and tie them at convenient places inside the room. This will keep irksome mosquitoes at bay.
12. Treats piles: the pain of piles can be effectively minimized by consuming carom seeds powder with buttermilk, seasoned with rock salt, after meals.
13. Enhances sexual ability: grind roasted carom seeds along with clarified butter and few tamarind kernels. Add 1 teaspoon of this powder to one glass milk with a dash of honey. Drink this every night. Over the time, this would enhance the sexual ability.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.
Related Tip: 6 Kitchen Spices That Heal Big Time
My daughter is 8 months old pregnant, suffering from severe legs pain and suffocation. Please advise. Hb 10.0 and our doctor is simply laughing when complained.
Sir, We had a safe sex on October. After that my girlfriend had a regular periods on that month and on November. But Now Dec 19 is her exact date of period. But it has not yet come. Is there any chance to get pregnancy?
I got my periods after 15 20 days of intercourse and after that now its been more than 40 days I have not got my periods. Is it possible that I am pregnant?
Gestational trophoblastic disease is a rare condition. It only happens when trophoblast cells abnormally grow inside the uterus. Also, this only happens after conception. These cells surround the egg which has been fertilized in the uterus. It is also worth note that the trophoblast cells usually connect the fertilized eggs to the uterus' walls and also form a part of the placenta. It is only when there is a tumor that this disease is diagnosed. There are many forms of gestational trophoblastic disease. Here they are:
- Complete hydatidiform moles
- Partial hydatidiform moles
- Invasive moles
- Placental-site trophoblastic tumors (PSTT)
- Epithelioid trophoblastic tumors (ETT)
It is worth note that most of these diseases have different stages. The stage of how far the cancer has developed can be found out using the following techniques.
Testing for cancer:
- Chest X-ray: This is simply an X-ray of the chest.
- MRI: An MRI is an abbreviation of magnetic resonance imaging. It makes use of a form of magnet which transfers radio waves to a computer to find out what is going on within your body.
- CT scan: This is similar to an X-ray except that more detailed and larger pictures inside the body can be taken and the scan has a slightly different procedure. There are several ways to treat it depending on how far the cancer has spread into the body. Here they are:
- Surgery: Surgery is usually done while the mole is still non-cancerous. The chances of the mole becoming cancerous are increased by pregnancy. Therefore, it is crucial that you do not become pregnant until the surgery is complete.
- Chemotherapy: This is a less-ideal option but has to be taken if the mole has become cancerous.
Paneer, also known as cottage cheese, is a dairy product which is made by curdling the milk with the help of lemon or vinegar and then draining the liquid. Not only is it delicious and an integral part of some of the most popular dishes of Indian cuisine, it is also a very good source of calcium, protein and healthy fats that help in improving the functioning of the body.
Here are some of the surprising health benefits of this Indian dietary staple:
- Diabetes-friendly: The carbohydrate content is low in paneer, which makes it a very good option for diabetics. Consumption of paneer does not cause a surge in the blood sugar level as it is digested slowly by the body.
- Improves bone and teeth health: Protein is a good source of calcium and phosphorus that helps in improving the health of the teeth and bones in the body.
- Helps in weight loss: Cottage cheese is a great source of conjugated linoleic acid that helps in boosting the metabolism of the body, thus aiding weight loss. Plus, it lowers the risk of cancer by reducing the amount of bad cholesterol in the body.
- Contains high amounts of protein: Enriched with vegetable protein, which is the basic building component of muscles and bones, paneer is known to keep your muscles and bones in good health. Besides, the protein in paneer is essential for brain development and the development of the fetus, making it another reason why it should be a part of your diet.
- Improves metabolism: Paneer contains high amounts fiber, which helps in improving the digestive process of the body. It also adds bulk to the stool and helps in feeling full.
- Controls blood pressure: It regulates blood pressure as it contains potassium, which helps in lowering blood pressure by controlling the effect that sodium has on your body.
- Boosts the immune system: Paneer contains compounds that help in strengthening the immune system, thereby preventing disorders like common cold, cough and bronchial asthma.
Does weight of a women affects in getting pregnant, and if so to what extent. And remaining all health reports are normal. Please explain
I am 4 months pregnant. I went for ultrasound found 15 mm stone in gal bladder .also found pancreatic infection .admitted 3 days in hospital. Infection is under control. Discharge from hospital. Now I have pain on my right side of stomach and when I am puking its Green coming out. Vomiting is green in color. What should I do?
Today I got 1 day of periods. Usually I got 35 average days of length. Really it's hard to find the fertility day. I am planning to get conceive. The symptoms of the fertility day is hard to find. When I start my intercourse and when I stop it before my periods date reach. Den which time is best to get in intercourse is it night or early morning. Or can I get in both tym.
I had sex with my Friend. Well not fully intercourse. According to me my penis even not entered in her vagina, but not sure. We haven't used any protection. Please guide me earliest symptoms of pregnancy. And how to avoid it at the earliest.
Mera questions ladies specialist se hai mere ko three month ka beby hai last 15 days back mere ko mc aaya tha phir aagya 1 month me 2 time jisse. Mai weak Phil kar rahi hu Kya aysa common hai ya nahi agar nahi to Mai Kya kru please answer me Koi medicine btaye.
I was suffering from late periods since last 2 months as I had unprotected sex since 2 months but he didn't ejected semen inside me so I took warm water & haldi & turmeric to induce periods ans I had periods but after this month's last period I am suffering from vomiting & I am eating imlis alot. please tell me if I am pregnant or not? I didn't take any pregnancy test. please help me !
Hello doctors ! I am 27 years and weight 63 kg suffering mild PCO and on Clomipure 50 Mg from past one month and this is my second cycle. My doctor suggested me to use ovulation kit, say my last period begins on 4th july and I started to test on 17th july at 12: 30 Am which was negative and then I tested for next two days but at evening around 6: 15 pm and all negative. Whats the possibility of getting ovulation and conceiving. I am little but worried.
How to know the heartbeat of baby without any medical instruments? How to prepare for normal delivery during pregnancy?
Is it wrong to eat raw rice? will it affect pregnancy? or results in any other serious problems. Kindly advise.
I am 26 year old woman and have no health issues to worry about. I also enjoy a healthy and active sex life. However, for the past few days I have noticed excessive white discharge from the vagina for no rhyme or reason. I want to know if it is a matter of concern.
Frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis) is stiffness, pain, and limited range of movement in your shoulder camera. Gif. It may happen after an injury or overuse or from a disease such as diabetes or a stroke. The tissues around the joint stiffen, scar tissue forms, and shoulder movements become difficult and painful. The condition usually comes on slowly, then goes away slowly over the course of a year or more.
What causes frozen shoulder?
Frozen shoulder can develop when you stop using the joint normally because of pain, injury, or a chronic health condition, such as diabetes or a stroke. Any shoulder problem can lead to frozen shoulder if you do not work to keep full range of motion.
Frozen shoulder occurs:
After surgery or injury.
Most often in people 40 to 70 years old.
More often in women (especially in postmenopausal women) than in men.
Most often in people with chronic diseases.
How is frozen shoulder diagnosed?
Your doctor may suspect frozen shoulder if a physical exam reveals limited shoulder movement. An x-ray may be done to see whether symptoms are from another condition such as arthritis or a broken bone.
How is it treated?
Treatment for frozen shoulder usually starts with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (nsaids) and application of heat to the affected area, followed by gentle stretching. Ice and medicines (including corticosteroid injections) may also be used to reduce pain and swelling. And physical therapy can help increase your range of motion. A frozen shoulder can take a year or more to get better.
If treatment is not helping, surgery is sometimes done to loosen some of the tight tissues around the shoulder. Two surgeries are often done. In one surgery, called manipulation under anesthesia, you are put to sleep and then your arm is moved into positions that stretch the tight tissue. The other surgery uses an arthroscope to cut through tight tissues and scar tissue. These surgeries can both be done at the same time.
Can frozen shoulder be prevented?
Gentle, progressive range-of-motion exercises, stretching, and using your shoulder more may help prevent frozen shoulder after surgery or an injury. Experts don't know what causes some cases of frozen shoulder, and it may not be possible to prevent these. But be patient and follow your doctor's advice. Frozen shoulder nearly always gets better over time.