Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SushmaYour feedback matters!
I'm pregnant and I'm awaiting my 45th day scan. I feel pain in my left side of the lower abdomen. Please advise.
What is the reason for the irregular periods. And is there anything to worry if I get an irregular period?
I have a problem of getting my penis smaller day by day an my forehead is also not operated so the skin is becoming big day by day this is from last few month say 3 to 4 month .Please give proper solution.
I and my wife is planning to have a baby now. After detecting ovulation by means of temperature chart and ovulation detector strips, we had unprotected sex for 4 days in a row starting from 12th August 2017. Samiksha usually gets her periods around 28 to 30 days. This time she missed her periods which were supposed to happen around 28th to 1st August 2017. We thought she conceived and hence did not get her regular periods. Tried checking with pregnancy detector strips but the test results were negative. And very unusually she got her periods started from yesterday, 6th September 2017. Now I am confused whether it was a delayed period or an early miscarriage. Can some one please explain me why this happened? What may be the reason? When should we try again to conceive? Any precautions or tips?
Metabolism is the process through which cells inside your body participate in the disintegration of food nutrients into energy. This proves to be the driving fuel behind all essential functions of the body such as digestion, circulation, breathing, heart beat etc.
Check these 7 super facts about your metabolism.
1) body size decides metabolic need - the amount of nutrients required by your body in order to efficiently perform all its functions is determined by the size of the body. In addition, composition of the body also plays an important role, which refers to the number of fat tissues vs. Muscle tissues. Thus, a larger person is bound to possess a higher basal metabolic rate (bmr).
2) exercise aids in a higher metabolic rate - regular exercise goes a long way in boosting your bmr. Weight training increases muscle mass, thus making your body capable of burning calories at a faster pace.
3) crash diets often backfire - instead of causing rapid weight loss, crash dieting has been seen to have an adverse effect on the metabolic rate. This is due to the fact that it deprives you of certain essential nutrients and also fails to fulfill the daily minimum calorie requirement of the body.
4) aging slows metabolism - according to research, the metabolic rate begins its decline in your mid 20s and decreases approximately by two percent in a span of every 10 years. Increasing age leads to loss of muscle tissue and also results in reduced physical exercise; both contributing to a sluggish bmr.
5) men possess higher metabolic - it is a proven fact that men have a comparatively higher bmr than women. The efficiency of the body to burn energy is determined by the lean muscle mass, thus causing men to burn calories a lot faster than women.
6) your metabolism is linked to the thyroid gland - the thyroid gland, present at the frontal portion of the neck, acts as the control panel for a number of processes such as regulation of hormones, protein production etc. It completely controls metabolism as the rate of conversion of food into energy is under the supervision of the gland.
7) frequent meals aid higher metabolism - according to dieticians, taking small meals every 2-3 hours helps burn calories at a faster rate.
I am 25 years old female and have heavy bleeding and stomach pain in periods time and I did uterus scanning and report have 12 mm thickness endometrium now wat should I do?
Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is defined as a mood disorder that affects one's interaction and relationships with others. It generally develops during adolescence and persists into adulthood. It has been seen that those with a traumatic history of neglect or emotional, physical or sexual abuse are more prone to developing it. Though it affects people varyingly, these are some symptoms that help diagnose BPD.
1. Emotional instability - Intense feelings of rage, sorrow, anger, guilt and emptiness or loneliness are experienced by some sufferers of BPD. Extreme mood swings, lasting for a short span of time, are common in BPD. They may also have issues with their self-image where they cannot place themselves and don't know what they feel about themselves or who they are.
2. Disturbing thoughts - One may experience disturbed thinking and the range of severity is rather wide. One may question his or her existence and need constant reassurance to believe other, or hear voices that tell one to harm oneself or others. In some cases, hallucination and developing delusional beliefs become a common phenomenon that greatly upset the mental condition of the sufferer.
3. Impulsive behavior - Indulging in impulsive behavior is a common sign of BPD. Those suffering from BPD may develop suicidal tendencies and threaten to self-harm. Partaking in risky and irresponsible behavior such as gambling, drinking, drug abuse, having unprotected sex with strangers, going on unrestrained shopping sprees and shoplifting are not uncommon for those with BPD.
4. Intense but unstable relationships - Sufferers of BPD live in a fear of abandonment and feel that the people they love might leave them. They make all possible efforts to prevent being left alone. They may beg, cling and track their loved ones to avoid being left alone. The opposite may also occur and sufferers might feel that they are being smothered by others. This results in actively pushing away loved ones. A combination of these feelings leads sufferers to give out mixed signals which is confusing and often hurts them and their loved ones.
Related Tip: What Really Causes Personality Disorders?
My period is irregular doctor suggested me fertile medicine on second day of period n tenth day dupaston for ten days on eleventh day estil n progestil injection this all process for 3month during dis can I get pragnant. I want to be conceive please help what to do ?
Hello sir, I had unprotected sex with my partner on Monday morning ie Dec 5 th 2016, I just wanted to know can I get her I pill now? And any other natural methods to avoid pregnancy? Please help me .thank you.
My wife got chicken pox during 2 months of pregnancy what precautions do we follow please suggest shall we proceed forward or not.
My wife was pregnant now and it is 4 rd month now. As per reports, doctor said that she is having Thyroid problem. Initially, thyroid level is 6.75 (2 month), she took 50 MCG thyronorm. Again TSH test has been done and level went up to 9.15. So, doctor suggested to take thyronorm 100 MCG. We continued this dosage for 1 month. As per recent report, TSH level is now 0.88. Doctor suggested to continue Thyronorm 100 MCG. Please advise is this is the right dosage? Or we need to switch to Thyronorm 50 MCG? Kindly advise.
A person will die from lack of sleep far sooner than they will from starvation. It causes loss of vision, memory, dementia and hallucinations on the way.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and click on'share.