Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sushma Gupta
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sushma GuptaYour feedback matters!
It was good
My niece had protected sex which was incomplete though cus he dint put it in completely but he came. She also had an ipill as she was scared. A week later he came n then he fingered her but he dint touch his cim his fingers wer dry. She constantly fears of being pregnant all the time amd does not concentrate. She also sees a drop of white discharge from nipples while squzeeing even before she was with a guy. Is there any reason for her to worry cus if she continues she will go mad. Plis she is very sure she can not get pregnant but still fears. Also is the nipple discharge normal? Please help.
Hi, What is maturation Cycle occur in female and how to get to chances of conceive.Please suggest something for that.
Myself and my wife planning for a baby by next month. Is that advisable to have a tattoo now? Will it affect the pregnancy?
I am 30 year old man I have married before two year but my wife cannot pregnant yet I am taking treatment of her we take many sonogrsphy but no result found please give me suggestion ?
It may happen sometimes that you suffer from an undiagnosed medical condition in spite of appearing healthy outwardly. However, your body gives you constant warning signs to indicate that something is wrong with your health. Here are some signs which may be early symptoms of some severe health issues and should not be ignored.
1. Sudden weight loss - If you are not suffering from obesity and you have lost excessive weight in the past 6 months you need to consult your doctor. This sudden drop in weight can be caused by underlying conditions like hyperthyroidism, liver disease, cancer or diabetes, interfering with the way your body absorbs nutrients.
2. Persistent high body temperature - Persistent fever can ring an alarm indicating an underlying cause like UTI or tuberculosis. Lymphomas, which are cancerous, may also be responsible for this persistent fever. If your temperature continues to be 103 F or more or if you continue to have fever for more than 3 days you should consult a doctor immediately.
3. Difficulty in breathing - If your breath is short it can be due to a hidden health problem. Extreme temperatures, obesity, and strenuous exercises are mainly responsible for this shortness of breath. However, if these are not the causes of your breathlessness, you might be suffering from bronchitis, asthma, the blood clot in the lung, pneumonia or any other heart or lung diseases.
4. Bowel incontinence - If you notice unexplained changes in your bladder movement such as blackish stool with blood spots, prolonged constipation and frequent urge to have a bowel movement you should consult your doctor. This sudden change in bowel habits can be caused by a bacterial or viral infection.
5. Personality changes - If you are experiencing deterioration in your thinking skills, have sudden behavior changes and face difficulty in focusing or shifting attention you might be suffering from some severe problem caused by an infection, mental health conditions, poor nutrition, and effect of certain medications.
11 Best foods to eat during chemotherapy:
These healing foods may help minimize chemo side effects.
1. Carrots give chemo a boost
Carrots are a chemotherapy superfood. Certain plant compounds, which are also found in parsley, can make chemo more effective by stopping a mechanism in the body that can sometimes interfere with cancer treatment, according to a recent study by the new zealand institute for plant and food research. Researchers hope these foods “could be used to complement conventional treatments to potentially deliver better results for patients.
2. Gravy combats dry mouth
If your dry mouth—a common side effect of chemo—makes swallowing difficult, try moistening your food by covering it with sauces, gravies, or even low fat milk. Liquefying foods in a blender will also help your meal go down a little easier.
3. Rice and bananas for diarrhea
Bland foods like rice, bananas, cooked apples, and dry toast will help bind your stool if you have diarrhea from chemotherapy. Avoid fatty foods, raw fruits, and whole grain products, which can make diarrhea worse. You can also try these home remedies for diarrhea.
4. Whole grains battle constipation
On the other hand, if you are constipated, drinking plenty of fluids and eating foods high in insoluble fiber, such as whole grain breads or cereals, dried fruits, and dried beans or peas, will aid your digestive system. The national cancer institute (nci) recommends drinking eight to 12 cups of liquid a day for those undergoing cancer treatment. Here are other sneaky ways you might be making yourself dehydrated.
5. Small meals help with appetite loss
Loss of appetite is a common side effect of chemotherapy, but instead of forcing yourself to eat three big meals, eat five or six smaller meals throughout the day to stay properly nourished and energized. Adding protein supplements and higher-calorie foods to your diet will help you sustain a healthy weight. However, always consult your doctor to personalize your diet according to your condition, diagnosis, and needs.
6. Ginger candy eases nausea
Chemo often leaves you with a queasy stomach, but ginger candy and lemon drops work like a charm. Suck on them before eating, or sip on some flat ginger ale or cola during your meal. This will help ease your dizziness and settle your stomach. These are more natural remedies for an upset stomach.
7. Custard for mouth sores
Mouth sores can make it painful to eat even the softest of foods. If treatment has left your mouth in pain, try pureed foods that are easy to swallow, such as custards, rice, eggs, porridge, and soups. The blander the better, since salt or spices can make sores even more painful. Avoid sharp or crunchy foods like crackers, chips, and raw vegetables, as well as spicy foods like hot sauces, curry dishes, salsa, and chili peppers, which also irritate sores.
8. Orange juice prevents dry mouth
Ward off dry mouth before it takes hold by filling your diet with plenty of sweet and tart foods. According to the nci, drinking liquids like lemonade and orange juice will help you produce more saliva because their tartness stimulates your saliva glands. However, do not eat or drink these foods if your treatment has left you with a sore mouth or throat, as they will make your symptoms worse. These are other fruit juices that are healthier than you thought.
9. Onion and garlic boost your immune system
Grilled, cooked, or raw, onions and garlic are highly recommended as cancer fighters, as their high levels of antioxidants have been shown to stimulate the immune system’s natural defenses against cancer. In fact, cornell researchers found that strong-flavored onions could even inhibit the growth of some cancer cells. Here are more foods with cancer-fighting abilities.
10. Lean protein maintains energy and muscle
The nci recommends eating more protein when undergoing chemotherapy to give you energy and keep your muscles strong when treatment is draining. Opt for lean proteins like eggs, fish, tofu, and chicken. Many people with cancer find that red meat takes on an unpleasant metallic taste.
11. Selenium-rich foods fight cancer
Brazil nuts, seafood, oats, and brown rice are all great sources of selenium, a cancer-fighting mineral. A study published in the journal of biological chemistry found that selenium compounds boost the immune system, allowing it to fight certain cancers like leukemia and melanoma. However, avoid eating shellfish and raw fish.