Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sushma ChawlaYour feedback matters!
The paleo diet includes whole, unprocessed foods that resemble what they look like in nature.
Our ancestors were genetically the same as modern humans. They thrived eating such foods and were free of diseases like obesity, diabetes and heart disease.
Several studies suggest that this diet can lead to significant weight loss (without calorie counting).
A paleo diet meal plan-
- Eat: meat, fish, eggs, vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, herbs, spices, healthy fats and oils.
- Avoid: processed foods, sugar, soft drinks, grains, most dairy products, legumes, artificial sweeteners, vegetable oils, margarine and trans fats.
- Avoid these foods
Avoid these foods and ingredients:
- Sugar and high fructose corn syrup: soft drinks, fruit juices, table sugar, candy, pastries, ice cream and many others.
- Grains: includes breads and pastas, wheat, spelt, rye, barley, etc.
- Legumes: beans, lentils and many more.
- Dairy: avoid most dairy, especially low-fat (some versions of paleo do include full-fat dairy like butter and cheese).
- Vegetable oils: soybean oil, sunflower oil, cottonseed oil, corn oil, grapeseed oil, safflower oil and others.
- Trans fats: found in margarine and various processed foods. Usually referred to as “hydrogenated” or “partially hydrogenated” oils.
- Artificial sweeteners: aspartame, sucralose, cyclamates, saccharin, acesulfame potassium. Use natural sweeteners instead.
- Highly processed foods: everything labelled “diet” or “low-fat” or has many weird ingredients. Includes artificial meal replacements.
Foods to eat on the paleo diet-
Base your diet on these real, unprocessed paleo foods.
- Meats: beef, lamb, chicken, turkey, pork and others.
- Fish and seafood: salmon, trout, haddock, shrimp, shellfish, etc. Choose wild-caught if you can.
- Eggs: choose free-range, pastured or omega-3 enriched eggs.
- Vegetables: broccoli, kale, peppers, onions, carrots, tomatoes, etc.
- Fruits: apples, bananas, oranges, pears, avocados, strawberries, blueberries and more.
- Tubers: potatoes, sweet potatoes, yams, turnips, etc.
- Nuts and seeds: almonds, macadamia nuts, walnuts, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and more.
- Healthy fats and oils: lard, tallow, coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil and others.
- Salt and spices: sea salt, himalayan salt, garlic, turmeric, rosemary, etc.
Try to choose grass-fed, pasture raised and organic if you can afford it. If not, then just make sure to always go for the least processed option.
These are perfectly healthy in small amounts:
1. Wine: quality red wine is high in antioxidants and beneficial nutrients.
2. Dark chocolate: choose one that has 70% or higher cocoa content. Quality dark chocolate is very nutritious and extremely healthy.
What to drink when you’re thirsty -
Glass of water
- When it comes to hydration, water should be your go-to beverage.
- These aren’t exactly paleo, but most people drink them anyway:
- Tea is very healthy and loaded with antioxidants and various beneficial compounds. Green tea is best.
- Coffee is actually very high in antioxidants as well.
A sample paleo menu for one week -
1. Breakfast: eggs and vegetables, fried in coconut oil. One piece of fruit.
2. Lunch: chicken salad, with olive oil. Handful of nuts.
3. Dinner: burgers (no bun), fried in butter, with vegetables and some salsa.
- Breakfast: bacon and eggs, with a piece of fruit.
- Lunch: leftover burgers from the night before.
- Dinner: salmon, fried in butter, with vegetables.
- Breakfast: meat with vegetables (leftovers from night before).
- Lunch: sandwich in a lettuce leaf, with meat and fresh vegetables.
- Dinner: ground beef stir fry, with vegetables. Some berries.
- Breakfast: eggs and a fruit.
- Lunch: leftover stir fry from the night before. A handful of nuts.
- Dinner: fried pork, with vegetables.
- Breakfast: eggs and vegetables, fried in coconut oil.
- Lunch: chicken salad with olive oil. Handful of nuts.
- Dinner: steak with vegetables and sweet potatoes.
- Breakfast: bacon and eggs, with a piece of fruit.
- Lunch: leftover steak and vegetables from the night before.
- Dinner: baked salmon with vegetables and avocado.
- Breakfast: meat with vegetables (leftovers from night before).
- Lunch: sandwich in a lettuce leaf, with meat and fresh vegetables.
- Dinner: grilled chicken wings, with vegetables and salsa.
Im 21years old. I have irregular periods. After consulting doctor and after ultra sound I found a problem that I have vital pood. Doctor said that it is pcod and gave cycloset syrup iam using syrup since 3 months but there is no result my last period was on dec 21st till now there is no period. Please suggest me correct solution for my problem. Iam getting facial hair n hair loss. Suggest me some medicine and what is vital pood? Is it pcod or any thing else? Thank you.
My wife underwent d&c last month 26th as our baby was not having fetal pole and heart beat. Actual pregnancy week was 8th but the growth was only 5 weeks. After the d&c She was bleeding for some time and little bit of abdominal pain (bearable) for initial one week. She was OK. I have couple of questions 1. Whenever she gets tensed or travels, she feels little bit of same abdominal pain for a while and if the pain continues for two days some spotting is there. Is this normal? 2. What are the precautions we should take before trying for next baby and how long should be the gap?
Period cycle 34-37 days long. On an average 35 days long. But follicles on ovary also enlarged Ovary. But no Hormonal disbalance. What to do to conceive asap?
Last month my BF realise on my stomach and I immediately clean it. We didn't had sex and he didn't touch my part as well. And I got period next day too. Now my cycle is 21 days and this month five days has gone up. But my period did nt come Is it any possibility to get pregnant. Wat should I do.
PolyCystic Ovarian Disease (PCOD)
PolyCystic Ovarian Disease (PCOD) जिसे PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) की कहा जाता है, एक महिलाओ में पाया जाने वाला सामान्य विकार है। अनुमान किया जाता है की प्रजनन की उम्र वाली 90 लाख से ज्यादा महिलाओ को PCOD है तथा इनमे से 60 % से ज्यादा महिलाओ को पता नहीं है की उन्हें यह विकार है। कुछ सालो पहले यह समस्या 30 से 35 साल के ऊपर की महिलाओ में ही आम होती थी परन्तु अब कम उम्र की लड़कियों में भी यह ज्यादा प्रमाण में दिखाई दे रही है।
PCOD क्या है ?
महिलाओ में Sex Hormones के असंतुलन के कारण अंडाशय (Ovary) में छोटी-छोटी गाठ या cyst तैयार हो जाती है जिस कारण महिलाओ के मासिक धर्म (Menstrual Cycle) के साथ प्रजनन क्षमता (Fertility) पर भी असर पड़ता है।
महिलाओ में अंडाशय में सामान्य से अधिक मात्रा में Androgen Hormones की निर्मिति होने पर अंडाशय में छोटी-छोटी तरल पदार्थयुक्त cyst तैयार हो जाती है जो धीरे-धीरे आकार में बढ़ने लगती है। इससे महिलाओ में प्रजनन क्षमता कम हो जाती है और महिला गर्भधारणा करने में असमर्थ हो जाती है।
PCOD के लक्षण क्या है ?
PCOD से पीड़ित महिलाओ में निम्नलिखित लक्षण पाए जाते है :
अनियमित मासिक धर्म (Menstrual cycle) चेहरे / शरीर पर अधिक बाल मुंहासे (Acne) Dandruff पेटदर्द गर्भधारणा में मुश्किल आना यौन इच्छा में अचानक कमी आना गर्भ में छोटी-छोटी गांठ जो की Ultra Sound Scan करने पर दिखाई देती है बार बार गर्भपात सिर के बालो का अधिक झड़ना त्वचा पर डाग मोटापा
PCOD के क्या कारण है ?
PCOD होने की मुख्य वजह महिलाओ में Hormones की सामान्य से ज्यादा प्रमाण में निर्मति होना है। स्त्रीरोग विशेषज्ञों का कहना है की पिछले 10 से 15 वर्षो में महिलाओ में PCOD के प्रमाण में 50 से 60 प्रतिशत वृद्धि हुई है। इस असामान्य वृद्धि के कुछ खास कारण है :
असंतुलित आहार (Diet): पिज़्ज़ा, बर्गर जैसे शरीर के लिए हानिकारक junk food। ज्यादा तेलयुक्त, वसायुक्त और मीठा आहार।
रोग (Diseases) : PCOD होने के पीछे मधुमेह (Diabetes) और उच्च रक्तचाप (Hypertension) जैसे रोग भी एक बड़ी वजह है। अगर परिवार में किसी को PCOD का ईतिहास है तो अनुवांशिकता यह भी एक कारण है। Cholesterol का बढ़ना, HDL कम होना या उच्च Triglycerides के वजह से भी PCOD हो सकता है।
मोटापा (Obesity) : अत्यधिक junk food का सेवन और व्यायाम के अभाव के कारण आज की युवा पीढ़ी में मोटापा एक बहोत बड़ी समस्या के रूप में उभरा है। ऐसे तो मोटापा कई बीमारियो का घर है परन्तु मोटापे में शरीर में बढ़ी हुई अत्याधिक चर्बी के कारण Estrogen hormone की निर्मिति सामान्य से ज्यादा होती है, जो की अंडाशय में cyst बनाने के लिए जिम्मेदार माना जाता है।
तनाव (Stress) : आज के दौड़भाग के युग में बढ़ रहे तनाव के कारण लोगो का खानपान और दिनचर्या बिगड़ चुकी है। धूम्रपान, शराब, देर रात का खाना इत्यादि कारणों से भी hormonal imbalance होता है।
PCOD का निदान (Diagnosis) कैसे किया जाता है ?
PCOD का निदान करने के लिए निम्नलिखित परिक्षण किया जाता है :
Ultra Sound Scan of Pelvis / Vagina
LH : FSH ratio
PCOD का उपचार कैसे किया जाता है ?
दवा (Medicine) : डॉक्टर द्वारा दी हुई दवा समय पर डॉक्टर के निर्देशानुसार लेना चाहिए। दवा से अंडाशय में ovulation induction कर गर्भधारणा में मदद की जा सकती है। अगर आप मुंहासो के लिए इलाज करे तो अपने डॉक्टर को PCOD होने की जानकारी अवश्य दे।
वजन कम करना (Weight loss) : अगर आपका वजन बढ़ा हुआ है तो उसे कम करने का प्रयास करे। कई PCOD के मरीजों में केवल वजन कम करने से ही बेहद फायदा होते देखा गया है।
व्यायाम (Exercise) : व्यायाम करने से आपका वजन नियंत्रण में रहेगा और PCOD की वजह से होने वाली insulin resistant की समस्या भी कम हो जाएंगी। आप अपने उम्र और शरीर अनुसार चलना, दौड़ना, तैराकी या aerobic व्यायाम कर सकता है।
संतुलित आहार (Balanced Diet) : खाने में पिज़्ज़ा, बर्गर जैसे शरीर के लिए नुकसानकारी आहार लेने की जगह हरे पत्तेदार सब्जी और फल का समावेश करे।
जीवनशैली (Lifestyle) : चिंता, शोक, भय, क्रोध इत्यादि तनाव बढ़ाने वाली चीजो से दूर रहे। योग और प्राणायाम करे। हमेशा सकारात्मक विचार रखे।
शल्यक्रिया (Surgery) : जरुरत पड़ने पर PCOD के उपचार में शल्य क्रिया या operation भी किया जाता है जिसे Laproscopic Ovarian Drilling (LOD) या Laparoscopic Electrocauterisation of Ovarian Stroma (LEOS) कहा जाता है। इस Operation में Laser या Cautery से अंडाशय के cyst में छेद किया जाता है।
PCOD से पीड़ित महिलाओ में मधुमेह, उच्चरक्तचाप और कर्करोग होने का खतरा रहता है। जल्द उपचार आदि कार्यवाही करने से PCOD के दीर्घकालीन जाखिमो से बचाव किया जा सकता है।
Dr surbhi agrawal
consultant physician and diabetologist
Can beer be a healthy drink? Despite the common myths surrounding alcohol consumption and the adverse effects that it has on a person in the long run, a controlled and well-balanced intake of beer is not as bad as it would seem.
Here are a few reasons proving that beer can be healthy for you if taken in the right amount and quantity:
- In comparison to other alcoholic beverages, beer is relatively healthier for your kidneys. As a matter of fact, studies show that a bottle of beer can actually reduce the risk of acquiring kidney stones by up to 40%.
- Fiber, as we all know, plays a vital role in digestion. The presence of up to one gram of soluble fiber in just a 30ml glass of beer (dark beer, in particular) makes the beverage very beneficial for digestion.
- Fiber present in beer can also help reduce the level of LDL cholesterol (a harmful proponent of cholesterol).
- It has been proved that beer is a rich source of various B vitamins like vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12.
- The presence of both nicotinic acid and Lactoflavin in beer makes it an effective cure for insomnia.
- Beer is also helpful in the prevention of blood clots.
- The presence of high levels of silicon in beer is responsible for bestowing a stronger bone density.
- Studies have concluded that beer can also reduce the risk of suffering a heart attack.
- Unlike their non-drinking counterparts, beer drinkers are less vulnerable of experiencing dementia or Alzheimer's disease.
- Because of the presence of certain vitamins, beer has a ton of healthy nourishing benefits for the skin.
- Beer is also useful in fighting against stress.
What are the recommended safe limits of Beer?
- Men should drink no more than 14 units of Beer per week, these units should be spread out through the week and they should have at least two alcohol free days a week.
- Women should drink no more than 14 units of Beer per week, these units should be spread out through the week and they should have at least two alcohol free days a week.
- Pregnant women or women trying to conceive should not drink alcohol at all. If they do choose to drink, to minimise the risk to the baby, they should not drink more than 1-2 units of beer once or twice a week and should not get drunk.
Despite the above people with increased Triglyceride, Uric Acid should be restricted for consumption of alcohol. People with fatty liver patient with other medication for hypertension, etc. also should refrain from drinking.
People with diabetes who drink should follow these alcohol consumption guidelines:
- Do not drink more than two drinks of alcohol in a one day period if you are a man, or one drink if you are a woman.
- Drink beer only with food.
- Drink slowly.
- Avoid "sugary" mixed drinks, sweet wines or cordials.
Hello Doctor, My period is due today or tomorrow. I have had period symptoms from last 2 days and today morning I found brownish discharge on tissue while wiping. However I don't have cramps now. But period has still not shown. Still brownish discharge. Will I get my period? Also we have been sexually active and trying to conceive. Anything to worry?
L am 45 years old .Last month leave long period of mensuration it continued for 17 days my scan was ok endometrial thickness was 10 mm doctor had advice me to take sysron ncr for 17 days l had taken app. 13 days now after 18 days mughe dobara periods aagye hai koi tension wali bat to nahi is this only hormonal imbalance.
I have intercourse with my husband after my periods (2nd or 3rd of every month) and then I took an iPill for safety. After I took the pill I got my periods the next day itself (15th of the same month. Now I have not got my periods back on 2nd or 3rd of this month. So is my cycle changed to 15th of every month or am I pregnant?
My father got gun shot injury in 2003 at his back. After operation the bullet were taken out but he now limps a little bit. The problem is this that sometimes blood comes from urinal area and his belly is also coming out. How to reduce his belly fat..
Sir my girl periods were coming on 14 sep what she takes a pill to delay period on 14 n 15 sep n we have only anal sex on 16 sep. She did not loose her virginity bt while doing anal my condom got tear up but that time nothing has came from me .n after that she took unwanted 72 now I am very worried she is not getting her periods n I have read that after unwanted 72 bleeding happens what it is nothing happening in this case now I am confused whether she is pregnant or not. Plzz help me doctor.
According to contemporary medical studies, loss of sexual desire is more common in women than in men. As many as 3 in 10 women have reduced or limited sexual interest in any kind of sexual activity. While the medical term for this problem is Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD), it is generally understood as a loss of libido.
There are multiple factors that contribute to this problem including psychiatric or physical disorders, relationship issues, hormonal disorders etc. Let us look at the causes of this disorder at length:
1. Medical Disorders:
a) There are conditions such as endometriosis, fibroids and thyroid disorders that may have a negative impact on the sexual drive of a woman.
b) Certain medicines such as antidepressants, oral contraceptives, and medicines that lower blood pressure may also negatively impact the sexual drive in women.
2. Hormonal Disorders:
a) Dryness of the vagina and pain during sexual intercourse may affect sexual drive both mentally and physically.
b) After menopause, drop in the count of testosterone hormone also affects sexual drive which can result in loss of libido.
c) With advancing age, the level of androgens decrease, and hence results in a lack of sexual desire.
3. Lifestyle Disorders:
a) In some of the cases, lack of emotional support in a relationship plays a significant role in the loss of libido. Post baby 'coolness' may also act as a driving force for loss in libido.
b) In today's era, changing lifestyle is drastically affecting our lives. Following an unhealthy lifestyle may result in increased weight that may affect self-image, and indirectly may also affect the sexual desire.
c) Stress and job, family pressure and exhaustion may also influence sexual desire of a woman.
4. Psychological factors:
a) Increasing cases of depression, anxiety, frustration, stress is also an important cause of loss of libido in the contemporary society.
b) After childbirth, new moms tend to suffer from lack of sleep, insufficient lubrication of the vagina and exhaustion, which may affect her sexual desire.
The first and foremost step towards dealing with it is to make your partner understand your problem. Then, it is important to consult a doctor to find out the underlying cause, thereafter, treatment of the cause can normalize the condition. Since there are multiple causes of the problem, there are different ways by which the loss of libido can be easily managed and treated. Some of them are discussed below:
1. Treatment of Hormonal Disorders: The doctors will suitably treat problems like thyroids or recommend surgical treatment for fibroids to manage HSSD.
2. Change in Medications: Since some of the medications are responsible for the lack of libido, the doctors will replace the medications to reverse this lack.
3. Addressing the psychological factors: Your doctor will either arrange for suitable psychiatric sessions or ask your partner to coordinate mutually.
4. Sex Therapy/Relationship Counseling or Testosterone Therapy: While sex therapy or relationship counseling brings back the interest by effectively counseling the individual, Testosterone therapy involves off-label usage of testosterone hormone since it is not recommended by FDA.
Proper treatment and consulting a medical expert can reverse this disorder efficiently. So, talk about the problem more openly to seek proper guidance and cure. You can also submit your queries or seek for our advice in detail by writing to us.
My wife is pregnant first time. We got married 7 month before. Its her 27 weak. Today her blood report show, PDW: 7.6 & MPV :6.8 and her HB: 9.8. So can you please explain reasons for PDW? Her hepatitis B test is negative.
Hi doctor yesterday I fingered my girlfriend I have one doubt that when I put finger on her vagina it easily went on her hole I have doubt That her hymen is already broken or we can finger her when her hymen is already broken.
I am 37 years old. For the last few months my periods are lasting for 2 days. This month it is about one and half day what should I do. I am a housewife having 8 years old daughter.
Imagine water flowing through a pipe or a tube that has a lot of things passing through it. It would definitely have a cleansing effect, don't you think? Now, apply the same to your stomach which is also a tube through which all the food passes through. When you drink water, it runs through this tube and cleanses it of all the food debris that is along the walls. This helps in a big way by removing the debris and toxins and is one of the most effective cleansing mechanisms.
The Japanese, in particular, are known to have used this over the centuries. They drink neither cold nor hot water, but water at moderate temperature. If you incorporate the same into your daily lifestyle, it can do wonders.
Here are some other aspects of drinking water empty stomach that you might want to consider:
- Drink about 600 mL water on an empty stomach in the morning, even before brushing
- You can then brush and rinse your mouth, but do not eat anything for the next 45 minutes
- Eat a good breakfast after 60 to 90 minutes
- Again, do not eat anything after that for about 2 hours
This is a regimen which should be followed religiously as it comes with multiple benefits. The same have been listed below:
- Flushing effect on the stomach: This is one of the best ways to clear the bowels. If you are having problems with bowel movement, try water on an empty stomach and see the difference. And needless to say, clearing out the bowels first thing in the morning is one of the healthiest habits to have
- Colon cleanser: As food passes through the food pipe, there is a lot of debris along the walls. Drinking water flushes this debris out and leaves the food pipe walls clean and clear.
- Improve appetite: Drinking water on empty stomach empties the stomach, making way for a good appetite and a good breakfast, which is considered the best meal to have
- Prevents headaches: Dehydration is one of the major causes of headaches, as the cells crave for water for proper functioning. Drinking water, especially on an empty stomach, gives the cells their much-needed hydration, thereby preventing headaches.
- Detoxifying effect: Clearing out the bowels helps in releasing toxins from the body. Drinking water on an empty stomach helps fasten the process of bowels in the mornings which are also effective methods of removing toxins.
- Weight loss: If you need something to fill your stomach without having to add calories, drink up water. Doing this on an empty stomach is even more effective, as it also reduces bloating feeling and clears out debris and toxins. Water also improves metabolism and so helps in weight loss. Mixing lemon and honey to luke warm water and drinking it on an empty stomach can help reduce the waistline and keep you energized throughout the day.
- Skin care: Drinking water on an empty stomach clears up the skin pores and helps in keeping skin clear. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Although the cause of over 60% of birth defects are not known, there are things that you can do to help ensure optimal health for your baby.
There are a number of things you can do to increase the probability of having a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby. Some are more challenging than others because they may require that you break bad habits, but it is worth your effort.
Here are a variety of tips you can use to prevent birth defects as you contemplate starting or adding to your family:
- The first and foremost tip is maintaining preconception health; eating well balanced and nutritional meals, and taking a multivitamin daily that includes the recommended 400 mcg of folic acid.
- If you are sexually active and pregnancy is a possibility, make sure you take a multivitamin daily, which includes the recommended 400 mcg of folic acid and other essential B vitamins.
- Avoid all activities that could potentially lead to birth defects, including alcohol, tobacco, illicit drugs, and caffeine.
- Seek an annual gynecological and wellness exam.
- Obtain genetic counseling and birth defect screening, particularly if you have any family history of birth defects or if you are 35 years of age or older. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.