Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sushma ChaitanyaYour feedback matters!
My wife is suffering with itching on skin around vaginal area and skin became black. At present she is using clotrimazole solution and cetrizine tablet but no relief. Pl suggest furthermore medication for immediate relief. Regards.
I am a 23 year old newly married women. I have itching in my vagina and for last 4-5 days. What should I do??
Female ejaculation during foreplay. She discharge white water during kiss before sex. When you touch her vagina she discharge fluid after that she didn't recover for long time. She never had sex. She's virgin.please help
Hi, I am diabetic for 5 yrs. And mother of 5 month old baby and my delivery was c-section. Do I need any supplement like calcium or vitamins? If yes then which?
Knee replacement is a procedure where the weight-carrying surfaces of knee joint are replaced surgically to ease the pain or any disability. People suffering from osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or psoriatic arthritis undergo knee replacement. All these conditions revolve around stiffness and painful knee. This surgery is usually performed on people aged over 50.
Knee replacement is mainly of two main types:
- Total knee replacement where both the sides of knee joints are replaced
- Partial knee replacement where only single side of the joint is replaced
Procedure: In case of partial knee replacement with minimal invasion, a smaller incision, which is 3 to 5 inches, is required. This leads to minimal tissue damage and the surgeon can work between the fibres of the quadriceps muscles. Here, an incision through the tendon is not required. This may result in less pain, recovery time is reduced, and motion is better as scar tissue formation is less.
In total knee replacement, four steps are performed:
- Removal of damaged cartilage surfaces, which is at the ends of the femur and tibia, with a small quantity of underlying bone.
- Replacement with metal components, which help as a recreated surface of the joint
- Incision of knee cap with a resurface made of a plastic button, which is optional based on the case
- Insertion of a medical grade plastic spacer amid the metal components. This creates an effortless gliding surface.
After general or spinal anaesthesia, an incision of 8-12 inches is made in the front part of the knee. Joint part which is damaged is removed from the surface of the bones. The surfaces are then formed in a way to hold a metal or plastic artificial joint. The thigh bone shin as well as knee cap is attached to the artificial joint with either cement or a special material.
After Effects of the Procedure: After the surgery, patients may stay in a hospital for three to five days. Post surgery, notable improvement can be seen after a month or later. The patient is gradually relieved from pain with the construction of new gliding surface during surgery.
There will be slow progress in the movement. In the beginning, one may walk with a support of parallel bars and then with the help of crutches, walker, or cane. After full recovery in about six weeks, people can enjoy normal activities except running or jumping.
Presently, over 90% of total knee replacements function well even after 15 years of surgery. Hence, knee problem is no problem at all!
Hi I am 33+ and my weight is 80 kg. I am diabatic. I have a girl child but now I wan't 2nd issu. My fasting blood suger level 196 and p p is 270 how I plan my pregnancy.
My periods last happened on 25 May and they usually happen after 20 days. Stomach also paining like its a shoot up pain. Kindly suggest something. I'm single and 23 years old. Had tried curd rice too. Periods Was supposed to happen on 15 June but it's overdue☹️
How sonography is done for checking the hormones test? I am worried about it. Doctor ask me to do. Since I have irregular periods. I am 23 yes old.
Many back exercises can help strength the spinal column and the supporting muscle ligament's and tendons. Most of these back exercise focus not only on the back but also the abdominal muscle and gluteus hip muscles.they provided strong support for the spine, keeping it in alignment and facilitating movement.
strengthening exercise is important to rehabilitation success The most successful rehabilitation programs understand movement and function require strength.Strength exercise using resistance machine during rehabilitation is helpful because activity level can be accurate measured.
Spine extension exercise are back strength exercise that are very important in counter balancing the many forward bending exercise it can use to strengthen for back muscle, prevent back pain, and promote muscular development front to back .
1-Lie on your stomach with your legs together. Arms along your sides.
2-Lift your abdominal muscle away from the mat.
3-Exhale: Keep your abdominal muscles pulled in extend energy through your spine and out the top of your head to lift your upper body slightly off the mat.
4-Your shoulder blade will slide down your back as your arms reach behind you like they are being blown back. Your head is an extension of your spine. Your gaze will be down .
5- Inhale:Pause Exhale : lengthen and lower Your body to the floor.
Is it safe to have intercourse while in 4th month of pregnancy? If yes then till when it is safe? Is there any precaution to be taken in this phase? Please do respond.
I'm 34 years old women, though my period was regular since in jan I had polykit for gastric my period is now irregular and since last three month I don't have any period. And I don't have any health problem neither I am on any medication. Last time before four month I had Amenova and I had period on May 21 sine then till now no sign of period. Please help and suggest. Thank you in advance.
Have a mango everyday for the following health benefits.
1) For Clear Skin - Eating mangoes helps in clearing clogged pores and reducing acne or other impurities. It helps the skin glow when used externally (application of pulp).
2) For Improved Sex Performance - Mangoes have aphrodisiac quality. They are a rich source of vitamin E and other hormone balancing minerals. They help in improving your libido as well as sexual performance.
3) For Cholesterol Control - Mangoes have appreciable levels of fiber, pectin and vitamin C which together help in lowering serum cholesterol levels (bad cholesterol). It also known to help in losing weight.
4) For Eye Health - Vitamin A is most crucial for your eye health and a good eye sight. A single big ripe mango ensures a fourth of needed daily value of vitamin A.
5) To Alkalize Your Body - The tartaric acid, malic acid as well as citric acid found in the fruit help in maintaining the alkali reserve of the body.
6) To Boosts Immunity - Having good amount of this fruit in the season equips you for the entire year. Armed with a high levels of vitamin C and vitamin A as well as battery of carotenoids, mangoes are the best fruit for immunity building.
7) For Diabetes Check - Mangoes have a relatively low glycemic index (41- 60) compared to other sweet fruits, therefore it is relatively safe for diabetics to consume it. Also, mango leaves extract is know to normalize blood insulin levels.
8) Improves Digestion - The high fiber content of mangoes helps in digestion as well as elimination of waste. It contains enzymes for breaking down protein, which boosts digestion too.
9) To Protect From Heat Stroke - 'Aam Panna, raw mango pulped and made into a sweet/sour drink, is know to help the body cool down. It helps against beating the heat and fights dehydration.
10) Prevents Cancer - The rich antioxidant compounds and enzymatic properties of mango, safeguards against leukemia, colon, breast, as well as prostate cancers.
If you have any further questions, click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Infertility is a condition that can be caused due to a variety of reasons, for both males as well as females. Yet, it also comes with plenty of emotional baggage because there is a great deal of social stigma attached to childless parents, especially in the developing countries like India, where we still hold on to traditional thinking which does not really justify modern day realities.
Understanding Infertility in the Developing World: As per medical science, infertility is defined as a problem that is faced by couples who do not manage to conceive even after a year of trying without any birth control measures. In countries like ours, there is a great social stigma that is attached to being childless. As per many studies by the World Health Organization (WHO), about 15% of couples the world over are affected by infertility. Also, such cases go undetected because there is a great social stigma attached to the same. Further, there may be underlying conditions like Tuberculosis which may have been undiagnosed because people do not like to talk to doctors about the symptoms. The main problem in countries like India, and others areas is that people do not open up about such problems and they consider doctors and other medical practitioners as strangers.
Still in the Dark Ages: Even though we have made the transition from an agricultural country where we would pray to the elements and wait for signs for all our everyday activities from harvesting to childbirth, to an industrial country we are still in the dark ages as far as our social setup goes. There are many educated and well-heeled families where being childless is considered as an issue. And many people tend to go to astrologers and temples to change their fate, where a simple visit to a doctor and procedures like IVF, or adoption as the last resort, can also work out.
Infertility Stigma for Males and Females: For an infertile couple, the problem may stem from the male, or the female or both partners. There are still many social stigmas that are attached to this and many people in countries like India tend to call the woman barren, if she is unable to bear a child. In many cases, the male partner does not even go in for a check up as it is not even considered as an option that the problem might lie with him. Male erectile dysfunction, ejaculation problems, and general infertility can cause a range of issues for the couple when it comes to conception. So it is imperative to have the same checked by the doctor so that a sperm test can also be conducted and the treatment can carry on accordingly with the help of IUI or In-vitro fertilization (IVF). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.