Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sushma Benerjii
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sushma BenerjiiYour feedback matters!
On 28 the Feb ,me and my girlfriend where making out while she was having her pants on while I was naked having condom I ejaculated later I fingered her. On 8th of March we again made out with her having pants and I ejaculated in condom. And 18 we had the same. On 15th March I did pregnancy test it came out negative. On 23 I checked for pregnancy it came out negative again. She was due for period on 22 March if you go by last two months of her periods. She always has irregular period but for past 2 months she was having regular period. She had whitish excretion with cramps which stopped on 24 march. On 30 march I did pregnancy test which came out negative. Tried different companies urine preg tests. From 29 march she has taken progesterone 5 mg ,10 tablets for 5 days. Her course got finished on 3rd april. She missed a tablet one day after which she continued. She is having cramps but no sign of periods yet. Can any body get pregnant without direct insertion into vagina? Please help.
Dietician says that the best way to lose weight is through a weight loss diet. Every second or third person you meet wishes to lose weight now a days. So, if you wish to lose weight, the best way to lose weight is by following weight loss plans with a proper diet to lose weight. The Lucknow dietician says that, the best weight loss diet is:
Weight loss plans:
- Dietician says that the best weight loss diet is the one that includes the intake of:
- Whole eggs- Since they are high in protein and contain good fats, eggs are best if you need to lose weight.
- Leaf greens- Leafy greens such as spinach, kale etc. should be included in your weight loss plan. They have several properties which make them perfect for a weight loss diet.
- Beans and legumes- Best way to lose weight is to include beans and legumes in your diet to lose weight. This includes lentils, kidney beans etc. These are high in protein and fibre; these two nutrients are good in making you feel satiated.
- Soups- Also include soups in your diet to lose weight. Soups are very healthy and also contain fewer calories. Include various vegetable soups in your diet plan for weight loss.
- Fruits- Intake lots and lots of fruits in your diet. For a diet plan for weight loss, fruits are a must.
- Chia seeds- Chia seeds are also known to aid in weight loss. They are very nutritious as well. So chia seeds should also be included in your diet to lose weight.
- Salmon- Salmon fish is extremely healthy. It is satiating, and also keeps you full for a longer time with fewer calories. Salmon is very high in protein and it is loaded with other necessary nutrients as well. Therefore, salmon should be a part of your diet to lose weight and your weight loss plan.
- Online diet plans: Dietician says that today online diet plans are very effective. Various online dieticians suggest online diet plans for best way to lose weight, various diet plans for weight loss, and other weight loss plans. Various nutritionists and dieticians have online clinics now a day. They can tell you the best way to lose weight through diet food.
Vitamin D is a vitamin that plays a critical role in maintaining the health of your bones, teeth and joints, as well as in assisting immune system function. But taking too much of it can cause Hypervitaminosis D, a rare but serious condition.
Hypervitaminosis D causes an exponential increase in the levels of calcium in your blood. And this can affect your bones, tissues, and other organs. The condition can also cause high blood pressure, bone loss, and severe kidney damage if not treated.
- You get Vitamin D from the foods you eat and by exposure to the sun. Still, there is severe Vitamin D deficiency in people living all over the world, including the tropics like India. These people are prescribed vitamin D supplements, a move which can misfire, causing hypervitaminosis D.
- Hypervitaminosis D occurs usually due to taking high-dose vitamin D supplements. The recommended dose for Vitamin D is 100 microgram per day. Anything over this, for several months, can cause Hypervitaminosis D.
- Some prescription medications used to treat high blood pressure and heart diseases can cause an increase in vitamin D in the blood.
- Oestrogen therapy for post-menopausal women is another cause.
- Taking antacids for a long time increases the risk for getting hypervitaminosis D.
- Isoniazide, an anti-tuberculosis medication, can also lead to elevated levels of vitamin D.
You are more at risk for developing hypervitaminosis D if you take vitamin D supplements and have other health problems, such as:
Vitamin D and Type 2 Diabetes - What is the relation?
- Vitamin D is most known for its role in bone health, but researchers are beginning to uncover its vital role in the function of the pancreas, the organ that secretes insulin.
- Doctors believe there is a link between vitamin D and Type 2 Diabetes as studies have shown that people who have the lowest vitamin D levels in their blood are at an increased risk of developing T2D later in life. Similarly, most newly diagnosed diabetes patients have lower vitamin D levels than people without diabetes.
- Vitamin D is prescribed by doctors in type 2 diabetes to help improve the body’s insulin sensitivity and thus reduce the risk of insulin resistance, which is often a precursor to type 2diabetes.
- Vitamin D helps your body metabolise sugar in your blood as well as it regulates calcium, which also helps manage blood sugar.
- The trick is to not overdo the vitamin D supplementation as it may cause hypervitaminosis D.
Now what makes hypervitaminosis D doubly dangerous is that it can cause raise blood calcium levels. This can lead to a condition called hypercalcemia which means that there is too much calcium in your blood.
The collective symptoms of these two conditions are:
- Loss of appetite
- Excessive thirst
- Weight loss
- Excessive urination
- Dehydration due to water loss
- Irritability, nervousness, confusion
- Ringing in the ear or tinnitus
- Weak muscles
- Nausea, vomiting
- High blood pressure
- Heart arrhythmias
If left untreated hypervitaminosis D can cause:
- Permanent damage to kidneys
- Kidney stones
- Kidney failure
- Excessive bone loss
- Calcification of arteries
So, be very careful while taking vitamin D, especially if you have an existent problem with your kidneys or heart. And don’t overdo the vitamin supplementation if you have diabetes- it can backfire. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Endocrinologist.