Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sushma Aggarwal
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sushma AggarwalYour feedback matters!
In which purpose Dronis 20 tablets are use? Meanwhile we want a child & my wife ,age 20 years are visiting a gync since last three months.
I am 28 years old. I used abortion pills 8 months ago when I was pregnant. Now I am not able so conceive since 8 months. Please help.
I am having irregular menstrual cycle and while my periods come every month the duration and flow is not consistent .at times I bleed 4r 3-5 days and in one cycle for 8-10 days. The irregularity started 6mths ago. otherwise I lead a active life and try to cover 10000 steps on daily basis. I ama non vegetarian on 3 days a week and trying to loose weight through yoga and walk.
If you notice blood while urinating, you must visit a urologist to get a clear picture of the health issue. Blood in urine is known as hematuria in medical terms. Such a condition can occur in both men and women. It is a common condition and does not require the patient to panic. Rather immediate tests should be conducted to find out the cause of the blood and treated accordingly. Such conditions are very much treatable with a little care and vigilance following of the doctor’s advice. Here are some of the common causes of hematuria in individuals:
- Urine Infections: Urine infections are the common cause of blood in your urine. Most commonly these affect urinary bladder and rarely kidneys also. Prompt identification and treatment can easily revert this problem.
- Urinary Stones: Another major cause of hematuria, usually accompanied by pain in the abdomen.
- Enlarged Prostate: With an enlarged prostate, there can be blood flow with the urine. Rarely this may be a sign of cancer in the prostate.
- Exercise: This might come as a surprise for many of the fitness freaks. While exercises are needed for the body and rightly so; but exercises should be done in a certain limit. Heavy exercises, limitless and vigorous exercises can sometimes cause other health problems in the body. One such problem is the passing of blood in the urine.
- Medications: Quite interesting is the fact that long-term consumption of certain medicines might cause hematuria in individuals. Certain medicines like penicillin and aspirin are absorbed by the body to a certain extent. But overdose or the regular dosage might lead to further problems in the human body.
- Kidney Injury: A kidney injury is a form of internal injury which can be felt and manifested through signs and symptoms. Such injuries occur mostly to those who are in the field of sports. At times, a heavy punch, a hard training session, or an exhaustive fall might lead to kidney injuries. This, in turn, would cause hematuria.
- Tumors of Urinary Tract: Bleeding can occur from tumors arising from kidney, ureter, urinary bladder as well as urethra. These require timely detection and management. Early treatment leads to an excellent long-term outcome.
Thus, these are some of the common reasons for the development of blood in urine. However, it is a condition which can be best analyzed by the medical practitioner. Therefore, on the occasion of blood, you must get it tested and treated immediately. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Newly married trying to conceive from 4 months . My penis is only 4 inch when erect can my wife get pregnant ?
I had periods on 5th Nov but bleeding is not there I think its for heat so may I be pregnant or no it's safe to take monsoon tablet?
Though most may not admit, all women have hair on their face and body. It is often masked by home remedies or clever make up tricks or frequent visits to the beauty salon. If you see a sudden spike in coarse or dark hair, especially on your face, it can be an embarrassing social condition.
Here are some insights into the condition and what you can do to get rid of it :
Blame it on your hormones
In most cases, you can easily blame this condition on your hormones. Male hormones called androgens are responsible for the development of certain 'manly' features like deepening of voice or production of sperm. And the one hormone behind all this is called testosterone.
But women produce testosterone too- albeit in smaller quantities. If, for some reason, this hormone's level increases in women, it leads to increased sex drive, irregular menstrual cycle and yes, excessive facial and body hair.
One of the main causes of high levels of male sex hormones in premenopausal women is Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), a condition which causes cysts to grow around the edge of the ovaries (the organs which produce eggs and sex hormones). PCOS also results in excessive hair growth, acne and weight gain.
Some women are stuck with this condition in the post menopause stage too, when the hormonal imbalance fails to rectify itself after menopause has passed.
Besides blaming it all on the hormones, here are some other causes you can explore:
a) Being obese (weight gain is a side effect of PCOS too, so this is a slightly tricky one)
b) Side effects from blood pressure medication
c) Hereditary condition: Blame your genes
d) Cushing's Syndrome or Acromegaly - rare hormonal disorders
e) An Ovarian tumor
Usually, cosmetic remedies are enough to get rid of unwanted or excess hair. So you may not have to go out of your way to handle this problem unless you have a special case. Most cases can be treated with
a) Shaving: Not the most womanly thing to do, but it is quick and easy. Mind the stubble between the shaves
b) Waxing: This is a pretty much standard procedure
c) Bleaching: Can work for areas you don't want to shave
d) Hair removal creams: Try and test out to see which one suits you
e) Laser treatment: A powerful beam of single color light is used to destroy the hair from its root
If you are not sure what to do with an excessive facial hair problem, consult our experts today for a quick and easy remedy.