Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SushilaYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 31 years old and married. I have menstrual problem april and may I didnt got my periods. Than go to Dr. She took pregnancy test that was negative. Than she had given mwd. Fr periods. That I took I got periods on june but again in july periods not came. Whats the problem. Please help.
I was on the patches since sept. 2015. I been dating someone over a year and we decided to try to have a child . I got off them in march. We been having unprotected sex everysince. Last period I got was july 6 was pink spotting for four days. Was suppose to get my period last wednesday but im 10 days late. Ive been getting sick alot to could I be pregnant ?
I had a foreplay and v we're rubbing our genitals he had an orgasm and his semen fell on my vagina but am stil a virgin when all this happened I had my periods which was a 15th day since I get irregular periods. But I am having loose motion wisdom tooth ache fr the past week this thing happened 10 days ago after which I got these problems are they symptoms? Am I pregnant?
I am 32 years old I have pcos my face is full of acne and too much hair fall my gums has put me on contraceptive pills for three months to regular my periods but I get scared of side effects and can you suggest any proper treatment and the duration to get out of this pcos? Pls.
My would-be is a 24 yrs old, and hard work person in her home and physically good, she has a problem in her breast, a colorless liquid came from her both nipple. Why it is happening.? Give me a proper reply.
I am 35 weeks pregnant. I wanted to know that what to expect during normal delivery with epidural as its my first pregnancy so bit confused and scared. My Dr. planned normal delivery with epidural. Thanks.
Which are the safe days to avoid pregnancy by using natural family planning method. Im confuse about fertility days and ovulation days what this mean?
3rd trimester is start of my wife. Which changes seen in vagina. And which food should be taken for best pregnancy?
Had an unprotected sex with my bf before my period on 11 sep 2016. But he ejaculated sperms outside the vagina during sex. And I am scared so I started eating papayas from the next day. And I got my period on 16th sep which was late by 2 days. Is there a chance of getting pregnant even.
My periods do not occur at a continuous interval. What to should I do to make them continuous and arrive on time?
Hi. I am in 20 days after c-section delivery. Can I take normal diet now. Please advise if I need to avoid any foods. Than you.
Dear sir, Me and my girlfriend had unsafe sex almost 10 days prior this date. She took i-pill just after the day we had last sex but she haven't got her periods yet Though her date normally starts in middle of the month. How can we know whether she is pregnant or not or is their anything we could do o eliminate the chance of pregnancy after almost two week of sex.
I Have miss my periods its almost 5 days late I had sex one week back and my test are positive I am affair of going to doctor help. Me with some pills to get my periods please.
With the modernization of all economies around the world, one health hazard that has become one of the largest perils within both developed and developing nations is the incidence of cancers of the female reproductive system, especially cervical and breast cancer.
Breast cancer is the formation of malignant tumors within the breast tissues of a woman. Usually, breast cancer affects women in the age range of 40 to 50, but there have been many reports of it occurring earlier. About 48 % percent of the Indian women having breast cancer have been reported to be under 50. This is an almost 17 percent jump compared to figures 25 years earlier.
Alarming Signs of Breast Cancer:
- The most common symptom of breast cancer is a new lump or mass. A painless, hard mass that has irregular edges is more likely to be cancerous, but breast cancers can be tender, soft, or rounded.
- Swelling of all or part of a breast (even if no distinct lump is felt)
- Skin irritation or dimpling
- Breast or nipple pain
- Nipple retraction (turning inward)
- Redness, scaliness, or thickening of the nipple or breast skin
- Nipple discharge (other than breast milk)
Screening Guidelines for Breast cancer:
- Mammography: US Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommends mammography once in every 2 year for females between age group 50-75 years. Women with a family history has a benefit of starting at age 40 years. After 75 years there are insufficient evidence of benefit of screening mammography.
- Breast Self Examination and annual Clinical examination: breast self examination is easy to learn and and any abnormality should be reported to the oncologist.
- For High Risk/ Genetic risk factors: screening should start by age 25 or 10 years earlier of youngest relative affected. Annual mammogram and MRI or Doppler ultrasound alternating at 6 month interval can be considered.
Some of the common treatment options for breast cancers are:
- Breast conservation surgery - This is where the tumors are removed without cutting out too much of the surrounding breast tissue.
- Mastectomy - If the cancer has spread too far then large amounts of breast tissue has to be removed along with the tumor to stop its spread any further.
- Sentinel lymph node Biopsy - it's part of both surgical procedures, it decreases morbidities of lymph node dissection first draining lymph nodes only are removed in patients with clinically negative axilla. If negative on frozen section further axillary dissection is avoided. It avoids the morbidity of complete axillary clearance.
Cervical cancer ( Carcinoma Cervix)
Cervical cancer is the cancer of the cervix, which is the opening of the uterus and connects the uterus to the vagina. Indian women in particular are susceptible to cervical cancer as more than 1/3rd of the cervical cancer related deaths in the entire world happens here in India, which is about 74000 deaths annually. The leading cause for cervical cancer is HPV or Human Papillomavirus infection, which if left untreated and unchecked will result in cancer.
Alarming Signs of Cervical Carcinoma:
- Early lesions and precancerous lesions have no symptoms
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding such as bleeding after vaginal intercourse, bleeding after menopause, bleeding and spotting between periods or longer/heavier periods
- Abnormal vaginal discharge
- Pelvic pain
- Late stage disease may cause lower extremity swelling, problem with urine and/or stool passage
- Cervical cancer screening is most effective screening programme of any cancer disease resulting in significant decrease in mortality from carcinoma cervix
- United state preventive services task force (USPSTF) recommend cervical cancer screening starting at age 21 yrs.
- Between age 21-30 years cytology recommended at 3 year interval and HPV testing is not recommended.
- Between 30-65 years cytology every 3 year or cytology +HPV testing every 5 year.
- If previously adequately screened screening can be discontinued after 65 years.
- Women with prior total hysterectomy and no CIN can discontinue screening.
Apart from breast and cervical cancers, certain other cancers have also reported an alarming increase such as:-
Ovarian cancer (Carcinoma Ovary)
Starting in the ovaries, diagnosis of this type of cancer is usually delayed due to lack of visible symptoms in the initial stages. About 85% to 90% of ovarian cancers are epithelial ovarian carcinomas. Epithelial ovarian cancers tend to spread to the lining and organs of the pelvis and abdomen (belly) first. This may lead to the buildup of fluid in the abdominal cavity (called ascites). As it advances, it may spread to the lung and liver, or, rarely, to the brain, bones, or skin. The main treatments for ovarian cancer are surgery and chemotherapy.
Cancer of the endometrium (Carcinoma Endometrium)
Endometrium is the lining of the uterine wall and has along with ovarian, uterine and cervical cancer is also increasing in occurrences throughout India and the world.
The grade of an endometrial cancer is based on how much the cancer forms glands that look similar to those found in normal, healthy endometrium.
- Grade 1 tumors have 95% or more of the cancerous tissue forming glands.
- Grade 2 tumors have between 50% and 94% of the cancerous tissue forming glands.
- Grade 3 tumors have less than half of the cancerous tissue forming glands. Grade 3 cancers tend to be aggressive and have a poorer outlook than lower-grade cancers.
Cervical cancer along with Ovarian, uterine and endometrial cancer can be treated using the following methods:
1. Surgery: Radical Hysterectomy primarily preferred option for early stage disease. Both open and minimal invasive approaches are suitable.
- For precancer high grade lesion conisation is also option for compliant patient.
- In young suitable patient willing for childbearing trachelectomy is also possible in very early lesion.
- Depending on risk factors after surgery adjuvant treatment may be advised.
2. Radiation therapy or Combined Radiation therapy+Chemotherapy: Alternative to surgery in early stage and choice in late stage.
Certain prevention techniques that would be advisable to detect cancer in its early stages would be,
- Regular Pap smear tests for cervical cancer
- Taking vaccines for cervical cancer
- Regular mammograms and checkups for breast cancer
- Changing lifestyles to reduce stress
- Changes in diet to reduce risks
- Leading a healthy lifestyle with regular exercise
Related Tip: Can Ayurveda Really Treat Cancer? Find Out.
My friend last period was on Oct 2nd and last date was on Oct 6th, yet she did not get her periods for this month, she had a intercross as on 11th Oct however it was a pull out method, she is quite worried and to induce periods she has started taking vitamin c tablets from past three days at a interval of 1 hour yet she did not get her periods, her vaginal remains wet mostly from past couple of days, no other signs, so do you think she is pregnant?
Moreover till your baby is totally dependent on breast milk, there is minimal chance to conceive again.
At some point in life, everyone suffers from gastric problems. Reasons could be as simple as your irregular diet or even other health issues. Homeopathic tips to help you ease the gastric problem are best for quick relief.
Before getting a remedy, it is vital to understand what is gastric problem.
Reasons for Gas:
Passing gas is quite normal until you pass it for less than 25 times a day via burp or via flatulence (passing gas through rectum). If it's more than that, then you may have some issues. But why does gas occur? It may be due to food leading to indigestion as one takes in quite a lot of air while having food.
Common foods that trigger gas formation are milk and milk products, artificial sugar, onion, cabbage, potatoes and even eggs in some cases. Few people are allergic to certain foods, which may result in gastric problems.
Another cause of gastric problem is swallowing excess air such as chewing gum, smoking, drinking carbonated drinks, even eating or drinking rapidly, having candies and so on.
Medications and health problems also trigger excess gas formation as side effects.
Homeopathic remedy is one of the best ways to treat gastric problems without any side effects. To name a few Carbo Veg, China, Colocynth, Lycopodium, Nux Vomica and Robinia help in treating this issue.
Carbo Veg is a natural remedy for digestive problems, treating gas in the abdomen. It is used to treat gas that is present in the upper abdomen. Burps may give relief.
China is best to treat if the whole abdomen is filled with gas, and you feel bloated. It is majorly used to treat diarrhoea if the person is tied by frequent loose stool with excessive weakness.
Colocynth is taken if there are cramps along with loose stool.
Lycopodium is the Homeopathic treatment for gas formation in the lower abdomen.
Nux Vomica is best for treating a frequent urge to pass stool, but the stool is quite insufficient and inadequate.
Robinia is excellent for the treatment of digestive problems when you have complaints of heartburn and burps causing burning sensation in the throat, and if you have acidic vomiting.
Prevention is better than cure. Although these homeopathic wonders will give you a quick relief, it is advisable to avoid such foods and eating habits that lead to gastric problems. Exercises will also help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized homeopathy and ask a free question.