Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I have got physical with my gf 5-6 days before and from that day she is getting pain continuously in her vagina. She is feeling uncomfortable while bathroom and feeling so much itching in her vagina and when she back from bathroom again she feeling like want to go bathroom but nothing like that. Her vagina getting wet all the time. There is some kind of white liquid comes out. Please suggest medicine or any doc to consult.
Hello sir/mam, My wife have very pain in period. Period comes some days (2-3 days) before or after on every month. Mostly period comes 2-3 days before. My wife taking M2 tone medicine.
The surgical procedure to remove the oesophagus (the tube between your stomach and mouth), partially or completely, and reconstruct it by using a section of the large intestine or stomach is called esophagectomy.
Esophagectomy is commonly used to treat oesophageal cancer.
Early-stage oesophageal cancer is frequently treated with an esophagectomy. Other than that, esophagectomy is also performed to treat oesophageal dysplasia (a condition in which cells in the oesophageal lining are precancerous or likely to develop cancer if not promptly treated).
Esophagectomy is commonly performed when cancer has spread to the stomach, lymph nodes or associated organs.
Some other conditions which require esophagectomy include:
Swallowing of cell-damaging, or caustic agents such as lye.
Problematic stomach disorders that make the passage of food to the stomach difficult.
A previously performed esophagectomy was unsuccessful.
There are three ways a surgeon may perform an esophagectomy, which include:
Transthoracic Esophagectomy (TTE)
In this type of procedure, the incision is made on the chest. A TTE is mostly used to treat the following conditions:
Cancer present only in two-thirds of the oesophagus
Barrett’s oesophagus (Abnormal cell transformation in the lower oesophagus)
Damage to the oesophagus by swallowing a caustic agent
Reflux esophagitis (stomach acids return to the oesophagus) complications
Transhiatal Esophagectomy (THE)
In THE, the incision is made from the end of the breastbone to the bellybutton. THE is performed for the following conditions:
To remove the cancerous oesophagus
To tighten or narrow the oesophagus in order to make swallowing easier
To fix issues in the nervous system
To repair frequent gastroesophageal reflux
Correct a hole in the oesophagus caused by any caustic agent
En Bloc Esophagectomy
In this procedure, the oesophagus, part of the stomach and all the lymph nodes in the abdomen and chest are removed. The incisions are made in the abdomen, chest and neck; the stomach will be reshaped and brought up to the chest to put back the oesophagus.
Potentially curable tumours are treated by en bloc esophagectomy.
Recovery time of esophagectomy is three weeks approximately. You are allowed to go back to your regular diet after a month. You might find that you are eating smaller portions as you stomach size is reduced. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have a problem with my menstrual cycle. It's regular but the flow I feel is very less as comparative to the secretions I used to have about a year before. I have never suffered from menstrual pain but the day since I'm not expelling properly, I have to suffer from pain every month. I'm also gaining weight with the same diet I used to have always. Is my weight gain is due to the menstrual problem mentioned above? How to get it confirmed and get rid of both the menstrual problem and the weight gain?
I have 8 months baby n I think I am pregnant so can I take I pill. Will it effect the baby n will it effect the breast feeding. After the baby birth I dn't get the periods.
During menopause, estrogen production slows and then stops. There are a number of changes, which occur in your body during this time. Periods become irregular and then stop. You may have hot flashes, mood swings, a deeper voice and an increase in facial hair. Vaginal dryness is another common symptom of menopause. It becomes even more common after menopause. Vaginal dryness also can occur at any age from a number of different causes. It may seem like just a minor irritation; however, it can be a major problem when it comes to your sex life. Here is everything you need to know about vaginal dryness:
What causes vaginal dryness in women
Even though menopause is the most common cause of vaginal dryness, it can happen at any age and there are various causes of vaginal dryness as well. Here they are;
- Childbirth and Breastfeeding: Childbirth as well as breastfeeding result in lower levels of estrogen and this can lead to vaginal dryness.
- Sjogrens Syndrome: This is an autoimmune disorder in which your immune system attacks the moisture producing cells in your body.
- Douching: Douching is a common practice done by women wherein, they wash their vagina using water and vinegar, knowing little that it can actually cause dryness.
As mentioned earlier, vaginal dryness is caused by a lack of estrogen. Here are some of the ways that estrogen is supplied to your body;
- Vaginal Estrogen Ring: This is a ring inserted into your vagina, which releases a steady stream of estrogen into your vaginal tissues. It needs a replacement, generally after three months.
- Vaginal Estrogen Tablet: A special device called an applicator is used to insert an estrogen tablet into your vagina.
- Vaginal Estrogen Cream: This also needs to be inserted through an applicator. It will be applied daily for the first two weeks after which, it will be applied one to three times a week. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am a 25 years old girl. I have. hemophilia type 7. I am going to marry my lover in 4 months. If I pregnant any problem for this.
Hai doc. I am recently married. I would like to know about birth control measures except condom preferably medication with out side effects Thanks in advance.
My doct prescribed me eema hp 5000 / 10000 injection and ecosprin tablets or other med next 1 and half month my last period date 1 april I an taking these med last two weeks today I done my ultrasound I am pregnant and it is normal why doctor suggest these med?
I am getting married in next month, wanted to ask regarding precautions during sex and about contraceptive pills. Is condom is sufficient for not being pregnant or do I need to take some contraceptive pills. If yes then please suggest me which one is good and also when to take that to avoid pregnancy and also what is the side effect?
I am 5 months pregnant my local doctor advice me to eat iron tablet bt whenever I eat this tablet it never digest I keep vomiting all day whenever I eat this. What should I eat in diet that recover the iron kindly suggest any fruit or vegetable instead of tablet.
I have married 10-years before. Got 8-years baby girl. (Normal delivery) That time my wife was 1 child enough for our family. Because financial situation. Wife done with family planning. Still now am interested for another baby. Doctor prescribed recannalation surgery if it possible-30% done with surgery. But still no result. Another doctor said to for ivf. My wife age-28. What the maximum chances and need some suggestion.
Junk food is something you should generally avoid, courtesy to the health problems that they may cause. However, in some cases, when you are hungry you tend to go for junk food items as they are easily available. The other reason is that you don't know what you should opt for if you avoid junk food.
Outlined below are some healthy food options that you may replace junk food with:
- Replace ice cream with frozen yoghurt: Ice cream is considered to be laden with sugar that will add a sizeable number of calories, so you may replace that with frozen yoghurt. Yoghurt does not contain sugar and contains probiotic bacteria and protein that are good for your body. The probiotics in yogurt will help in enhancing your digestive system.
- Replace caffeine with fresh fruit juices: Caffeine is a known vasoconstrictor, which means it tends to narrow your blood vessels. This leads to problems in blood circulation and can lead to problems, such as erectile dysfunction. Instead consume fresh fruit juices as they are much healthier than coffee. They contain antioxidants that protect your body from free radical damage.
- Potato chips with bananas: If your cravings for salted food, such as chips increase then it points to a deficiency of potassium in the body. Instead of reaching for the packet of chips, eat a few bananas. They contain good amounts of potassium which helps to regulate fluid balance in the body.
- Eat nuts instead of chocolate: Instead of gorging on chocolates, a healthier option would be to opt for various kinds of nuts, such as almonds and cashews. They contain magnesium which tends to reduce chocolate cravings. They also provide the body with healthy fats and protein which help in building lean muscle mass in the body.
- Replace cookies with dry fruits: Cookies contain sugar in large amounts, which has the potential to create havoc on your body. From increasing blood sugar levels to obesity, it can cause serious complications. Opt for dry fruits as they are rich with important nutrients, such as vitamins and minerals that are essential for the human body. Add food such as dates, almonds and apricots to your diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.