Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sushila GambhirYour feedback matters!
I stopped using dronis 30 since one month 10 days I didn't get my periods yet. I had protected sex intercourse 4 months ago and after having sex I got regular periods for 3 months, is there any chance gor pregnancy?
I am 21years old there is a small lump in my left breast since 5 to 6 months I am very worried about it is it normal. Please help me?
It is said that dehydrated fruits offer same health benefits as that of fresh fruits, but differ slightly in mineral and vitamin content. Both fresh and dried fruits will provide you with fiber and antioxidants, which are beneficial for your health; however dried fruits usually lose a small percentage of their vitamins during the process of dehydration.
When you compare fresh and dried fruits, it’s great to make use of the standard serving sizes, which are 1 cup of fresh fruit and ¼ cup of dried fruit.
But when fruits lose their water content and eventually volume during the drying process, their sugar, calorie and nutrient content become concentrated. So when you consume a handful of dried fruits, there is an in-take of more calories than you would if you consumed that same quantity of fresh fruits.
Besides giving you a variety in taste and health benefits, both fresh fruits and dehydrated fruits have their own significance.
For instance, whereas dry fruits can offer you portability and a longer shelf life; fresh fruit as opposed to dry fruits contain higher amount of minerals and hence is a more nutritious choice than dried fruits.
If you are keeping a close watch on your weight, then dried fruits should not be eaten much as they contain considerably more calories in each serving than the fresh fruits. Dried fruits that contain sugar additives are high in calorie content, but the ones with low calorie content offer numerous health rewards:
There are some dried fruits which are a rich source of antioxidants, the Journal of the American College of Nutrition revealed. For instance, Phenol an antioxidant-type is found more in dried fruits such as figs and dates than in fresh fruits.
- High Fiber
Dried fruits are usually high in fiber content than the equal-sized serving of the fresh fruits. Fiber helps in running our digestive system smoothly and prevents obesity as well as cancer and heart disease.
I'm Jamuna, 25 years old. Im a dentist. I got married to my cousin (paternal ) on August 29, 2014. Its going to be 2 years on coming 29th. I've already diagnosed with Pcos. I have been taking medicines for almost 3 years even before my wedding (metformin, normoz, fertisure ) & went for follicular study once. But there was no use till now . I weigh 92 KGS. I gained weight suddenly becoz of d accident (Head injury due to major trauma) (Intracranial hemorrhage ). I met during my final year. Before that I was normal weighing 70 KGS. Due to the weight gain I got irregular periods. After that I was diagnosed with pcos. I'm very much depressed. I can't concentrate on anything. People who got married after my wedding like my friends, relatives are blessed with children. My husband doesn't know that I have pcos. I feel like dying every moment I go out. I'm very embarrassed in meeting people. If anyone asks about child to me & my husband, we can't able to face them .Is there any good way for us . I'm not interested in IVF or any those technology.
Maine 2 month phle ek prostitute ke sath sex kiya tha without condom than uske 2 month ke andher hiv test kar ya tha Jo negative nai la. Uske baad bhi kya mujhe hiv ho sakta hai.
I was pregnant 11 weeks, I went for a NT scan and came to know that the baby development was stopped at 8 weeks 4 days and no heartbeat found. Then I undergone surgery and aborted. I want to know the reasons for no heartbeat and development. And when can I plan for pregnancy again?
This is for my sister. There was a slight itching at the vaginal area for last 2 months. There is an increased itching for past 3 days and found white powdery substances in the clitoris region. It disappeared when washed with the vaginal hygiene intimate wash (V wash ). However, while passing urine, she could see those white substances in urine. When she use the intimate wash she has a soothing feeling but the itching is intense at night which keeps her awake at night. She used to use "clean and clear intimate wash" weekly once. She is abroad (Doha, Qatar) now for a week and will be staying there for a month to attend the workshop, part of her job. As she is new to the place, she could not consult any doctor. Please help her out.
Hello doctor, Yesterday I had inter course with my female partner. I used precaution as condoms. But the problem the meanwhile the time of evacuation. I did not stop for like 2-3 mins while ejaculating. I wonder if semen doesn't hit inside her. please recommend asap.
Hi got married 2 years ago. But still I am unable to put my whole penis easily. I tried many times. If I put my penis just entrance of vagina then discharge then their is a chance for pregnancy. please let me know thanks.
I have been facing pcod problem since I got married that is 3 years back my doctors are saying to lose weight but on other hand I see to thin girls are also having the same problem that I have so kindly suggest me something so that I may blessed.
Trigger thumb is a painful clinical condition in which the terminal phalanx if the thumb gets locked in a state of flexion. Sometimes it is bilateral i. E. Involving both hands. Big toes of the feet are usually not involved. The condition at some stage may become painless. It is more common in diabetics.
Trigger thumb is caused as a result of inflammation of the tunnel of the thumb in which the (flelexor pollicis longus) tendon moves. As a result the tunnel gets narrowed, usually at the metacarpo phalangeal joint and arrests the gliding movement of the tendon. Sometimes there is a nodule formation in the tendon at the same place producing obstruction to the tendon movement.
Non steroid anti inflammatory drugs help in reducing pain and swelling. Physiotherapy helps in regaining movements of the joint. Sometimes in local infiltration with steroids gives relief. However long term effects of steroids are not desirable.
Surgical treatment if the medical treatment does not succeed, then surgical release of the tendon should be undertaken. It a one stitch surgery which can be done under local anesthesia with constantly good results.
Congenital trigger thumb some children are born with it. The congenital variety is usually bilateral. In these cases the treatment is surgical only. It should be done early otherwise the terminal phalanx of the child will not grow and remain small in size.
My last period was 10th march. Still I did not get period. I consulted one gyne Dr. She suggested me to take duphaston 10mg for 5 days I started it 20th april but still I don't have period pls suggest.
Vulvodynia refers to a condition, in which you have chronic pain near your vaginal opening. This area is known as the vulva. Vulvodynia is an extremely painful condition, which also causes a lot of irritation and burning in the vulva. There is no known cause of vulvodynia and it has been said that vulvodynia can go on for months or even years. It is such a painful condition that having sex or even sitting down for extended periods will be troublesome for you.
Here is everything you need to know about Vulvodynia.
There is only one symptom of vulvodynia and that is when there is pain in your genital area. However, the type of pain you experience may be characterized by burning, stinging or itching among other sensations.
The cause of vulvodynia is not yet known. However, there are certain factors, which increase the risk of contracting vulvodynia. Here are the factors.
- Injury or irritation to the nerves around the vulva.
- Vaginal infections
- Sensitive skin
- Changes in hormone levels
Vulvodynia itself cannot be cured, only the symptoms of vulvodynia can be relieved. Relieving symptoms is not a very quick process either as it takes weeks and sometimes even months for the symptoms to
improve. Some of the treatments which can be used to treat vulvodynia include.
- Medicines: Certain medicines relieve the symptoms, which vulvodynia causes. These medicines include steroids and anticonvulsants so that your pain will be reduced. Antihistamines are known to reduce itching.
- Surgery: When vulvodynia is localized to a particular area, surgery can be used to remove the skin and tissue of the area which has been affected by vulvodynia.
- Anesthetics: Local anesthetics can be given so that your pain is reduced for a short while. A good time to apply local anesthetics would be 30 minutes before having sexual intercourse. This is because most local anesthetics used to treat vulvodynia come in the form of ointments. If your partner comes in contact with this ointment, then he will also be feeling numb.
- Pelvic floor therapy: Many times, vulvodynia is caused by the tension in the muscles of the pelvic floor. Exercises to relieve those muscles often ease the pain caused by vulvodynia.
Related Tip: "Causes and Symptoms of Vulvodynia"
Hello, I am preganant, in 5 month scanning following impression appeared: bulky & echogenic foetal left kidney with multiple small cysts within. Mild pelviectasia of foetal right kidney. Do that time I have to take any precautions. My doctor told me that I have to do nothing for that. After delivery, you have to do scanning of baby's kidney. Is it ok or I have to take any precautions for that? please advice.
Facial hair in women can be an embarrassing and touchy subject. While people may notice it and avoid speaking about it, the stare that lasts for just a second longer on your face will be uneasy. It is time you get rid of it and stop grabbing more attention than you need:
1. Hide it: Some of the most common methods to hide facial hair are bleaching, threading, waxing, depilation or electrolysis. Each of these methods have their advantages and disadvantages. Bleaching, for example, masks the hair for a while and gives it a golden tinge which still makes it less visible. Threading or waxing has to be undertaken at periodic intervals and both may result in thicker hair growth in the surrounding areas. Women who are regular with their body care regimen can try these methods.
2. Destroy it: Use a tweezers to pull it out: This one mostly works on the instinct that you get when you see the hair. It works if you don't have too much hair and just a couple here and there that can be easily pulled out. Sterilize the tweezers with alcohol to avoid infection. You will have to grip near the root and give a firm pull to get rid of the whole thing. It is painful but if done right it can last 3-8 weeks before its replacement shows up.
3. Shave it: Yes, women do it too. Apply a shaving gel or foam and use a disposable razor to clip the hair. Though this is relatively less painful, hair growth afterwards is quite fast so you'll have to be careful to add it to your schedule often enough.
4. Try natural methods: It is slow but cheap and reliable. The visible effects of using natural ingredients for hair removal happens only over a period of time but the results are well worth the wait. Turmeric powder is an ancient remedy for facial and body hair - so much so that Indian brides follow a traditional 'haldi' routine before their wedding. Other natural ingredients you can try include gram flour (besan) and sugar was. You can also give a good rub with a pumice stone.
5. Try Electrolysis: It is the only permanent method but is tedious and requires multiple sessions. It is usually recommended if there are few thick hair limited to one part of body. In this method hair root is destroyed with the help of thin metallic probe connected to a machine through which electricity is delivered to hair roots.
6. Try a laser treatment: Laser is one of the most effective treatments for unwanted body hair. The bright beams of heat and light from the laser directly reaches the roots of the hair, removing it and preventing re-growth for a fair period of time. The downside is that it'll take a few months and prove to be expensive but the results can be well worth the wait as it can permanently remove hair. You may also need multiple sittings to destroy the hair growth completely. If peace of mind is your criteria, then go for it.
If excessive hair is stopping you from living and enjoying your life, consult a professional who can help you find a way.
Iodine is often considered as a trace element and most people do not give it the importance it deserves. This is wrong on many counts. Iodine is very much needed by your body and it is essential for thyroid hormone synthesis in our everyday lives. A lack of iodine can lead to many complications and can affect the physical and mental health of a person.
Worse, in case if you are pregnant, it can affect the health of the fetus. The telltale signs of a thyroid deficiency can be found in thyroid glands, and in case you feel you are suffering from the symptoms, consult your physician immediately. Let us look at some of the signs that can indicate you are suffering from thyroid problems.
- Goiter: Iodine deficiency if left unchecked can lead to the development of a goiter- A swelling around the thyroid gland, resulting in a visible lump in the throat. As the swelling continues to grow, it might cause severe difficulty in swallowing. It also hampers the thyroid gland and prevents it from producing adequate thyroid hormones. It can lead to a condition known as hypothyroidism as well.
- Constant weakness and fatigue: You might experience low energy levels and feel weak all the time in case you are suffering from iodine deficiency. Iodine deficiency can also make you feel tired all the time and you may experience blackouts frequently. Do consult with your physician in case you are suffering from these symptoms as they are extremely harmful in the long run.
- Difficulty in concentrating and lack of memory: Your memory functions may get compromised in case you have low iodine levels in your body. Iodine is vital for the smooth functioning of the nervous system and can have a direct impact on your learning capabilities. It can also cloud your thoughts and lead to mental confusions. It also increases the risk of Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.
- Unusual weight gain: Lack of Iodine in your body can make you gain weight. You may feel bloated all the time even though you do not eat properly. Your internal systems may not work to its potential in case you have an iodine deficiency and this may lead to loss of appetite and vomiting in some cases. It also increases the chances of accumulation of unwanted gas in your body.
- Depression: If you feel depressed and restless, it can be due to a nutritional deficiency, such as iodine. The mineral can be very beneficial in increasing the nervous activity and can reduce anxiety, restlessness, and irritation. Iodine also induces sound sleep. Hence a lack of proper sleep can also mean that you are suffering from iodine deficiency.
- Iodine intake: The necessary amount of iodine can be consumed regularly through Iodized salt. Other food supplements can include seafood, cow’s milk, potatoes, and seaweed, which are all rich in iodine.
Consult your doctor before taking in other Iodine supplements.
Hi my had a sex with her boyfriend after that she took unwanted 72 after that 1 month completed she didn't get her periods now she checked using preganews it's negative then she want to know any problem for future be coz it's already 7 days delayed in her periods pls give her any solution so that she will get periods asap.
My child born on Nov 5 ad I got 1 periods on Dec 13th. It s dangerous r regular periods .but I'm breastfeeding my child. But how won't I get my periods within 1 month?
Dermabrasion is a skin related treatment used by cosmetic surgeons and dermatologists to cure a number of ailments that may leave your skin looking less than healthy. This method basically employs a technique that removes the upper layers of your skin with the help of a rough edged diamond wheel or a wire brush. These edges are called a burr or a fraise.
Here is everything you need to know about the procedure as well as the results that it can yield:
- Areas and Conditions: The most common areas where this procedure is conducted include the face as well as the neck. It is mostly used to treat people who want to remove fine lines that form around the eyes and the mouth, as well as patients who are suffering from acne scars and other inflammation causing skin ailments as well as abrasions due to injuries.
- Preparation: The procedure includes cleaning and marking the area that is being treated. This is the first step that helps in seeing exactly what needs to fixed, the extent of the damage and the intensity of the treatment to be employed. Following this process, the doctor will administer a local anaesthesia such as, Lidocaine that will numb the area before the actual treatment begins so that the patient does not undergo any discomfort. Also, with this purpose in mind, the dermatologist may also apply ice packs on the face and neck of the patient so as to make the skin even more numb and remain like that for a longer period of time. Additionally, the skin may be sprayed with a freezing cryogenic spray in order to retain the numbness and keep the skin firm enough for effective treatment. If the doctor is going to treat deeper abrasions or the entire face, then pain killers and general anaesthesia may be used.
- Procedure: To begin with, a small area is exposed to the treatment at a time, rather than the entire area or face at one time. After the freezing spray is administered, the doctor may run the rotating brush or burr to remove the top layers of the skin. Gauze will be kept handy so as to stem any bleeding that may take place during the process. Finally, the area will be covered with the help of ointment and dressing.
- Results: The recovery time is said to take anywhere between five to eight days. But this also depends on the severity of condition that was treated, as well as the area that was covered. Little or no pain may follow and regular cleaning will be required. To prevent re-occurrence or re-growth of the problem, follow up visits to the dermatologist will be required.