Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Sushil Kumar SinghYour feedback matters!
I have tooth problem so doctor said me to do root canal so I took that treatment n I cudnt control d pain so thy removed my teeth itself so now I hv d same problem with another tooth doctor say me the same so I doesn't want to do root canal is thr any way to overcome ma tooth pain.
I have a little numbness in my jaws for last 2 days But no pain in eating or swallowing or talking What should I do Can you please suggest.
I am 69 years old male. Smoker, having smoked on an average 6 cigarettes per day for 40 yrs. For last three yrs suffering of glossitis, soreness and mild ulcer of the tongue and mouth which comes and goes. I also have dry mouth syndrome. Kindly advise course of treatment.
How to take care of my teeth. I brush 3 times a day but they still stay yellowish. Please advise. Thank you.
Hi my teeth's are becoming yellow and red color because I use to chew pan masala daily. Now I want my teeth to become white. So please help me out with the good options.
I am suffering from teeth problem. Recently I have done rct but frequently I get problem in my teeth so please suggest how can I get healthy my teeth on daily routine basis.
I am not a smoker also I don't have any habit of" pan/faki" but my teeth is yellow and I want to make it white perfect. My teeth is not in proper alignment also, so What is the best solution for whiting the teeth?
I am 26 year old male. I am having a small black spot at the center of last teeth of both side and look like a germs in mouth. I don't have any problem yet with this. Should I have to take any treatment for this or let it be same as it is.
Sir I have some normal problem I mean tooth pains regularly how solve this problem any toothpaste sir.
Dear sir I have pain in my teeth I can't eat hot &cold items continued. please suggest what should I do for fast relief.
Sir I am a 22 years old boy. My question is about my tooth. When in brush my tooth with little pressure blood drain with tooth paste spit.And another problem is that tooth are yellow. Please help me sir.
Tobacco has many ill effects on the health and dental health is one of them. From dark stains to poor gum health to increased incidence of decay to the more severe oral cancer, tobacco has a very detrimental effect on your dental health. Read on know more about how harmful tobacco can be on the dental system.
- Brown teeth and tongue: One of the tell-tale signs of a smoker are the brown teeth and stained tongue. A dentist need not even be told that the person smokes, it just shows!! What is interesting is that these stains do not go away with a scaling, they just continue to form as long as tobacco is being put into the system.
- Gum disease: The oral health of a smoker is definitely not at its best. With the stains on the teeth, the gums are more prone for irritation and infection. This leads to grayish, unhealthy gums. The periodontal fibers are also affected, leading to bad breath, pocket formation and even tooth mobility in severe cases. The mouth is generally drier in comparison and so bacterial growth is more favored, further accelerating the process of gum disease and teeth decay.
- Dental caries: The increased amount of bacteria leads to greater incidence of dental decay. Chances of cervical decay (around the gum line) and root decay are higher in smokers.
- Bad breath: There are two reasons to it one is the tobacco per se and the second is the dry mouth, which leads to reduced saliva and increased bacterial growth.
- Impaired taste: The tongue has a constant coating too, leaving the taste buds unable to completely taste food substances. Ask any smoker a couple of questions and you would realize how they never get to enjoy and taste the food as it should be.
- Poor healing: Whether it is a gum disease, a tooth removal or a root canal therapy, smokers who go for dental treatment need a longer time to respond compared to nonsmokers. If smoking is continued at the same pace, then the chances of developing a dry socket with an extraction or a failed root canal therapy are quite high. There are more failures reported in success of implant in smokers as compared to non smokers.
- Cancer: The most dangerous and the most severe of all, cancer of the cheek, gums, lips, tongue, roof of the mouth can all happen in smokers, twice more likely in comparison with non-smokers.
Now, if all these are not good enough to kick the habit, remember this list is only for the mouth and the teeth. The whole body goes through a lot more harmful effects, and that should be a good reason to quit tobacco use in any form. If you need professional help, do not be embarrassed to seek.