Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Sushil KumarYour feedback matters!
Mai computer use karta hu regular 8 hours mujhe koi drop recommend karo jo mere ankh ko protect karo at this time I have no any problem. Or kuch daily habit me kya karu.
I have a red eye on left side and its paining me. My eye also dry very fast and I feel stressful because of that what should I do.
My wife have pain around eye lid and itching sensation in eye lid. Can you please suggest medicine for this?
I would like to have a better health supplements for my eye as I do observe some power loss while working 24/7 at Laptops. I have read at some health related websites for some essential supplements that required for better vision and healthier eye. They are, Vitamin C, 250 mg Vitamin E, 200 mg Beta-carotene, 5,000 IU Zinc, 25 mg Zeaxanthin, 500 mcg Selenium, 100 mcg Lutein, 10 mg Calcium, 500 mg Thiamin, 2 mg Folic acid, 800 mcg Omega-3 essential fatty acids (includingflaxseed oil), 2,000-3,000 mgN- acetyl cysteine, 100 mg Alpha lipoic acid, 100 mg Would you please suggest a tab that contains the above or a better tab that suits. If I do go for clinics they are trying to sell a spectacle rather than suggesting a tab and I am not willing to wear specs. Thanks in advance Regards,
If you have got diabetes, then it is quite natural that you will soon face acute eye troubles. This is the reason diabetic patients are always suggested to keep their blood sugar levels controlled so that eye troubles can be easily avoided. Thorough medical check-up is required in order to detect conditions of the eyes. Some of the commonest eye troubles occurring due to diabetes are cataract, glaucoma, blurry vision, diabetic retinopathy and others.
List of eye diseases caused by diabetes:
- Diabetic Retinopathy: When the retina's smallest blood vessels get severely damaged due to increased blood sugar, then this kind of eye condition occurs. Early detection of this eye condition can save your eyes, but if it is too late, then nothing can be done, and it might even lead to blindness.
- Cataract: Fogging or clouding condition can bring this kind of condition and this can only be corrected by wearing proper corrective lenses. However, if you fail to control diabetes, then in spite of wearing glasses, your eye condition might get deteriorated day-by-day. Glared or blurred vision is the most common symptom in this regard.
- Glaucoma: When the eye fluid is not drained properly, then this kind of eye trouble occurs. In fact, eye pressure increases to a great extent as a result of which delicate eye nerves can get severely damaged. The blood vessels of the eyes can get clogged causing greater interruption in vision. Medicines can make aqueous humor to get drained in a proper manner, and thus you should go for a proper eye check-up so that you can acquire the requisite medicines. Some popular symptoms of glaucoma are headaches, eye aches, blurred vision, watery eyes, vision loss and others.
- Diabetic macular edema: This eye disease mainly occurs in the advanced stage of diabetic retinopathy. Macula is nothing, but the most delicate part of retina and when it gets swollen, then you might face this eye trouble. Only medications can help you to get rid of the same and thus immediate medical help is needed.
- Blurry vision: Though this is quite a small and temporary eye issue for diabetic patients, but this condition might turn into a serious one if you neglect to correct the same in the very beginning. You might even face blindness due to negligence of this trouble. Also, fluctuating sugar-levels should be stabilized so that this kind of trouble can be easily tackled.