Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sushil KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 54 yrs old. I have developed vericose veins. A week back after my routine exercise it ruptured & started bleeding profusely. What is treatment. Will it recur. What to do?
I am 5.2 now I would like to increase my height to 5.4 as my friends couplings every one is nearly 5.7 I am feeling as if I am so short please help me.
Sir I have much cold problem and very much itchy problem in nose. I m very sensitive to cold. So please tell me good living and foods to protect myself.
When a new baby is born, he or she has soft, fine and downy hair called lanugo that disappears shortly after the birth. Normally hair on the scalp and other parts of body becomes thicker and coarser. In middle age, hair growth can be seen on the ears of men and women develop the same on face at the time of menopause. This is due to change in endocrine pattern.
Stages of Hair Growth:
- ANAGEN HAIR (Period of Active Growth): The stage when the growing is in process, the hair is called 'Anagen' hair. Anagen hair keeps on growing from two to five years. In Anagen hair, the cells of follicle grow, divide and are keratinized in order to make hair grow. Having keratin means that the base of the hair shaft is moist and soft and the rest of hair shaft above hair bulb is dark pigmented.
- CATAGEN HAIR (Period of Transition or Breakdown and Change): When the hair is under transition stage, which is from root to end, the hair is called 'catagen' hair. Catagen hair, begin transitional, live for about 7 to 15 days. During this transition phase, the growth activity of the hair stops. Growth of hair is not a continuous affair as some people think. Hair growing takes a resting phase during which no growth takes place and the roots of the resting hair become club-shaped. It is this condition that is called club hairs.
- TELOGEN HAIR (Resting Stage before Resumption Of Growth): Catagen hair live for some time and when they are in the state of rest without any change, they are called 'Telogen' hair. Telogen hair are also called club hair. They are in the state of rest for three to four months before they grow or are pushed from follicle due to growth of another hair or due to some harsh combing/ brushing or hard massaging/continuous drying of hair by hot hair-blower or in fight etc.
All these are mechanical reasons.
Factors that Influence the Hair Growth Age:
Growth of hair is fastest from the age of fifteen to late twenties. The hair grows faster and the rate of growth slows down when he hair have grown to its maximum. There is no limit to maximum but some doctors are of the opinion that this limit is three feel and when the hair are over three feet long, the growth rate drops to half the former growth rate.
- Nervous and circulatory system: The hair is affected by the state of the nervous system and circulatory system. This means that hair have a direct relation with functioning of the entire human organism, mind, sentiments, emotions and the body. Any such stimulation in the body by grief, emotions, etc. makes impact over the opulence of the nerve and blood supply to the head. If grief or emotions continue for some days, it affects the growth of hair.
- Chemicals & Drugs: Chemical and drug reactions also affect the growth of hair. The coloring of hair and dyeing of hair are virtually exposure to chemical reactions and many persons who dye or color their hair have retarded hair growth or encounter falling of hair.
- Heredity: The heredity/genes actually determine the hair density, growth and color of hair.
- Hormones: Hormonal change is one of the reasons for growth of hair. Your Hair ? An Index to your Health. Our hair is not just 'dead' protein it is a pointer to what is happening deep inside our body and mind. Hair has more to it than what appears on the surface. It says a lot more about us than what the stars foretell. The health of our hair and scalp provides us with insightful cues about a host of 'latent' health disorders. In addition, our hair, like our psyche, responds to both physical and emotional stressors, including underlying health deviations, much before apparent clinical symptoms manifest.
DRY, LIMP, THIN HAIR:
This may be a 'cursor' for hypothyroidism. In some cases, the 'tell-tale' sign is hair loss on the eyebrows, especially in the outer third of the eyebrow.
SCALY OR CRUSTY PATCHES ON THE SCALP:
This indicates psoriasis, a common skin disorder. It occurs when the skin for a toss, sending out flawed signals that accelerate the turnover and growth of skin cells. The detection of psoriasis can help us prevent and treat more serious condition- especially psoriatic arthritis, or painful swelling of the joints with scaly psoriatic distress.
It's customary to shed about 50-100 hairs a day. But, when hair appears to be coming out in 'clumps' it's time for action. A job loss can cause such hair loss. Likewise, about of flu or fever, illnesses like jaundice, typhoid and malaria can cause hair loss. Most importantly, diabetes and hypertension can also cause such hair loss, much before they may be clinically diagnosed.
DRY, BRITTLE HAIR BREAKS EASILY:
This kind of hair loss can be a sign of autoimmune disorders, early onset diabetes and thyroid disease.
GREY HAIR: This is no 'red signal' to be concerned that you are getting to 'look old' too early .It is a 'tell-tale' sign of stress, depression, or emotional anguish. However, diffuse grey hair at a young age may be indicative of thyroid problems and vitamin B deficiency. This problem is hereditary also.
I think I am Suffering from Impotence disease, symptoms Like - (Fast Discharging, Dick hardness Not Comeback after one easily Discharge, little Dick Banned On right Side) Please Suggest Me Medicines Or Tests that are required.
I couldn't sleep properly yesterday and day before yesterday, I slept only for around 3-4 hours. After waking up, I'm experiencing pain in head in area around my left ear. After massaging slightly that area, it feels better. Also, I work in night shift. Kindly suggest what is it and is it something harmful?
I am 27 year old. I masturbated a lot from my age of 18 to 26, almost every day due to which I am facing weakness and I fall quiet early or erection disappears. I got married last year there are no complaints from my wife, but I feel she is not getting that satisfaction which she desires. What should I do for that to regain basic man ability.
I am 35 years old. I married 14 years ago. From 14 years when we r in sex I never released liquid. What is the problem? I'm happy but my husband wants to see the liquid.
I am 20 years old female and have dark circles I consult so many doctors but no use. How to get rid of dark circles. What should I do ? Please help me.
I have a black spot on penis gland ie it can seen when foreskin is pushed down (pink gland) Does not pain not change shape and size. It is from past 10 years when I had a very forced masturbation, then suddenly it appear nd does not go back. Is it due to blood clot. I am uncircumcised.
I have a long time sleeping addiction. I sleep for 13 hours q day. I want to reduce my laziness and all. What to do?
I'm facing a problem since 8-9 months. And my problem is genital herpes. Few months back I went to the hospital and I told them my problem I had lots of medicine after getting treatment my problem inside penis got vanished I was so happy but whatever is herpes or virus its not totally cleared after treatment also some kind of white or red dots are still there in top of my penis. Doctor told me that I need to test my blood for HIV and STI disease and test was good they said your disease is curable. So again now I am facing problem due to that red and white dots or scars that problem is still with me so I want to remove this whatever dots I have in my penis. So what I have to do to remove and get rid of this problem once and for all. Should I use aloe vera? or coconut oil/milk?
Hi I am 24 year girl with 5'2 height and my weight 41 kg. Please suggest any thing to increase weight.And there is one prob I take a lot tension and got depressed very soon. Please suggest.
SUPERSTITIONS ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH
Superstitions in Psychiatry are very common especially in the ill-informed and illiterate.
1] Belief that Astrologer can diagnose mental illness by knowing the position of planets. The Belief that planets can influence earthly creatures and human beings and their future has not been proved by any of the scientific studies so far. But still belief that planets and heavenly bodies influence us is very prevalent all over the world.
2] Belief that all mental illnesses are due to possession of evil spirits and black magic and prayer are naturally the treatments for the same. Modern psychiatric approach and treatment by psychological and pharmacological methods are the only correct and scientific treatments.
3] Belief that the Allopathic medicines are HOT and should not be used for patients. All so called Allopathic drugs are modern drugs with lot of prolonged scientific research behind it. Systemic study for side effects and toxicity are done for each drug before entering the markets and patients unlike other systems where no such studies and reporting are appallingly absent!
4] Belief that small children will never get mental illness and problems. It is a grave mistake. So many problems, by heredity, by environment, by school stress, by parental discord, parental alcoholism etc,the child is subjected. By proper psychotherapy and treatment these can be alleviated scientifically.
6] Belief that hot countries, places and climate can produce mental illness. This is absolutely wrong.
7] Belief that that by hypnotism we can cure all psychiatric problems. This is also absolutely wrong. Only relatively small problems, those too temporarily are amenable for hypnotism.
8] The strong belief that all mental problems are a disgrace and never ever affect us. This stigma is very dangerous. So people will never seek proper treatment by a psychiatrist early, continue it for sufficient time, sufficient dose etc, instead they go to faith healers, GPs, physicians, neurologists where they get wrong or half cooked treatment for insufficient time. Result will naturally be disastrous.
9] All mental problems can be treated by meditation,psychotherapy etc… This is also a wrong notion.Drug therapy and combined psychotherapy is ideal.Psychotherapy alone will not cure many of the problems.
10] The belief that those who express suicidal ideas will never do that. It is fatally wrong idea. Most who express such ideas by phone ,letter,attempt,dreams etc are definitely prone candidates and all such cases are real cry for help and should be actively treated by a psychiatrist.
11] The belief that most cases of suicide are due to poverty. Absolutely wrong! More than 95% are due to psychiatric problems and should be dealt with like that only.
12] The belief that most mental illnesses are due sins committed during previous birth.There is no scientific proof for birth and rebirth.
13] The belief that most mental illnesses are incurable. When Thiruvananthapuram mental health centre was started the name was Hospital for Incurables! This notion is absolutely wrong considering the tremendous advance made by modern psychiatry. Many psychiatric problems will have effective relief and cure if treated early and effectively and rest of the cases will have good social and occupational recovery if proper modern therapy is instituted.