Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My baby is just 20 days old. While he born the weight is 2.8 kg. Now he gained nearly 400g. Tis is good or I have to reduce my feeding?
Hi doc, my son is 5 months old. I am giving both breastfeeding and bottle for him. Once I started with formula his poo changed from yellow to green colour and it's smelling awful. But he seems to be fine. M giving nan pro 1. Is he fine? Or I need to change another brand.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
My baby is 8 month old. He only take lactose free milk (powder milk) whenever we have tried the normal milk then after about 20 minutes he do potty. He is not able to digest the normal milk. My question is that when can he be able to digest the normal milk because I dont want to continue the lactose free milk as its not nutritious.?
My daughter is 22 months old. She had suffered vomiting and diarrhea 16 days back. She had started with vomiting after any feed (even water), followed by diarrhea (loose motions) at least 15 times a day. She was just on ORS (no antibiotics given and only Oral ondansetron and Lansoprazole were given) and it stopped after 4-5 days. But she continued with foul smelling, pasty stools with a frequency of 5-6 till date.(i. E. After 16 Days). I don't know what to do?
My son have constant problem regarding the stomach worms we have used the available medicines in market but after some time the same problem persist please give me some suggestions.
Hello doctor my child is 4 month old. She sleep a lot in the morning and less at night, can you give me some tips as to how to make her sleep at night? and can you suggest me some foods to increase my breast milk? Because I'm lacking it now so please help me doctor.
Both natural and homeopathic remedies can efficiently deal with lactose intolerance and thus you should check the reports of the patient for finding the best solution. You can choose any of these remedies or else can continue with both.
List of homeopathic medicines for treating lactose intolerance
- Aethusa Cynapium: The medicine helps in the digestion of milk so that unwanted stomach aches can be easily avoided. On the other hand, health condition of the kids can also be improved to a great extent using this medicine. Loose tools or green colour diarrhea due to dairy products can be prevented with care.
- Apis Mellifica: Milk allergies can be easily cured with this medicine and thus kids are often prescribed the drug by a homeopathic expert. A few symptoms are found in kids due to lactose intolerance like breathing difficulty, body itchiness, redness, swelling, skin rashes and others. All these symptoms can be treated by this homeopathy medicine.
- China Officinalis: This medicine is mainly prescribed to those kids for whom Apis Mellifica is not the suitable one. Flatulence, belching and bloating can be properly controlled or regulated by taking this drug regularly. Excessive mucus formation, chest's rattling sound and excessive coughing might occur with dairy intolerance and these symptoms might get severe. This is the reason the doctors often prescribe this medicine as the best option.
A few natural remedies for treating lactose intolerance
- Probiotics: These are specialized bacteria that not only help in improving digestion, but proper nourishment can also be gained.
- Coconut milk: This is now considered as one of the leading substitutes for different dairy products.
- Apple cider vinegar: Lactose intolerance signs can be completely eradicated along with the maintenance of body balance by consuming apple cider vinegar regularly. This is a natural product, and thus you can take the same regularly without taking a doctor's permission.
- Fermented products: Kimchi and Sauerkraut are those fermented foods that can create helpful bacteria as a result of which the gut can be re-populated and digestive system can be regulated. The symptoms will get reduced slowly with the consistent intake of these foods.
- Yogurt: This can be taken with meals as it is enriched with beneficial bacteria that can help in digesting different other dairy products. With the consumption of yoghurt, Lactose can be broken down naturally, and on the other hand, digestion can be improved.
I have a girl Baby of 1 year and 6 month old. She is not fair and her skin looks very dull. Her weight is about 7 kg .She is very lean and thin. She does not like to eat sweet food. Please help me how can I care her complexion and her growth and weight. Provide me a proper guide of meal and its quantity to be given to the baby so that her complexion and her growth can be improved.
My 13 yr old daughter is having chronic urinary problem. She has to rush to the washroom every 15-30-45 mins interval. And also having itching and bedwetting since last yr. She has taken several antibiotics and medicines and has been shown to many doctors. They are yet not able to diagnose the reason of her problem. Can any doctor relief my daughter from that problem.
On the occasion of Children’s Day this year, switch to smarter choices from entertaining toys and noisy video games as gifts for your kids. Enhance their lifestyle by making available gifts that involve constructive physical, cognitive or emotional skills. All you need to do is find the ideal gift for your little one that adds a smile on his face while teaching him something meaningful.
Maintain your own Calendar!
Gift #1- Most children like to know what day it is, how many days until a certain event, or even what the plan of the day is and so on. Some kids struggle with spur-of-the-moment plans. Gifting your little boy or girl their own month or annual planner will also make your world run smoothly. This enables them to write down their own classes, events, play dates or school days.
Benefit- A calendar would make your young one responsible enough to remember important dates and maintain his/her own schedule.
Challenging Games and Puzzles!
Gift #2- Kids love great indoor activities that pique their interests. Some are known to be constructive activities that teach your child a lot. Certain games help in strengthening mathematical skills in children like Monopoly and Payday. Memory or language games too help in adding value to your child’s mind. Rory’s Story Cubes and Q-bitz are challenging games that check and increase visual and creative skills.
Benefit- Games help in brain development and enhance problem solving skills. Puzzles increase creative and novel thinking that help in building your kid’s IQ.
Gift #3- If your children enjoy eating or cooking food, they will love this gift. All you need to do is select an easy recipe of a yummy treat and purchase all the required ingredients. To make the event a special one, set a date and time for cooking together. Baking or cooking together with your child is an ideal time to share a beautiful bond while they learn life skills.
Benefit- This special home activity will surely instil culinary values. As a whole this process would also train them to work as team and follow procedures and steps carefully.
A Micro-Library for Kids
Gift #4- Reading is a habit that mostly develops at a younger age and it’s an essential if you want your child to have a strong hold over a language. Books with a message and stories with a deep-rooted moral go a long way in inspiring the young minds. Good reads with a positive layout for kids that you can opt for are “I Believe in Me” by Connie Bowen or “On My Way to a Happy Life” by Deepak Chopra.
Benefit- Books are teachers in itself as they impart knowledge. Good books develop spoken, written, creative and cognitive skills whilst teaching your kid perfect usage of the language.
Telling the Time
Gift #5- You can check whether or not your child knows how to read analog clocks in this age of digitalisation. If you find he/she takes too long to think about it you can think of getting them a cool analog watch with three hands. This makes them want to be able to tell time on it.
Benefit- Being on time is a wonderful thing. Train your kid to be punctual at his/her growing years by gifting them the perfect time-managing instrument.